• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The man behind the post...

867 posts in this topic

My dad and oldest daughter from our recent trip to England.....wish the trip was for a different reason but it was nice to be able to support my dad and vice versa...

042.jpg

Me in the cold and rain :P

035.jpg

What a beautiful country...hope I get a chance to visit England one day.

Is that the Thames River behind you Shane? (thumbs u

It's very small so I would say no....I don't really know the name but the town is called Knaresborough and the castle is from the 12th century (thumbs u

I guess it's my turn. I've went back and checked out some pictures that some of you have shared and thought that I should do the same. I've had nothing but a wonderful experience on these boards, I've learned so much, and enjoyed getting know some of you. I like to say thanks!

Here's a couple of pic's, can you guess what I do when I'm not collecting coins, now if I could just quit buying guitar equipment, I'd have more money for coins!

53976-ngc2.jpg.cbed4216fa1ab3ee2b9b2dd262284829.jpg

53977-ngc3.jpg.31362d198dfb1239792732095efd26a1.jpg

Hey Lem, rock and roll

Rock on, ooh my soul

Hey Lem, boogie too, did ya

Hey shout, summertime blues

Jump up and down in my blue suede shoes

Hey Lem, rock and roll, rock on

And where do we go from here

Which is the way that's clear

Still looking for that blue jean, baby queen

Prettiest girl I've ever seen

See her shake on the movie screen, Jimmy Dean

(James Dean)

And where do we go from here

Which is the way that's clear

Still looking for that blue jean, baby queen

Prettiest girl I've ever seen

See her shake on the movie screen, Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean

Rock on

Hey, hey

Rock on

I knew there be a little humor about my pics do to the long hair, rock guy image, but cutting my hair just will not happen. I've had long hair since I was a teenager plus my wife would divorce me! SWAT is the word, guitar strap is blocking the T.

OK, I know nothing about fishing, what are they?

Brucewar, thanks! You nailed it right on the head, that's exactly what that is. I bought that new in 1998, nice sounding guitar, very warm. Yeah I love the bird inlays as well, you play?

Dooly how big do those things get, if they are small??

Lem, if your hair was red, and about 4 inches shorter, we could almost pass for twins! :)

OK, maybe not twins, but you could be my younger brother. :D

Brucewar, thanks! You nailed it right on the head, that's exactly what that is. I bought that new in 1998, nice sounding guitar, very warm. Yeah I love the bird inlays as well, you play?

Hi Lem

British shore record is 68lb and boat record is 115lb but one caught on a trawler in Icelandic waters topped the scales at 250lb's

Now that would be fun to land (thumbs u

Just Bob,

I always wanted a big brother. lol. Are there any picture of you on here? Would like to see how close we are.

dooly,

I've really never been fishing, but reeling in a 250lb eel or fish can not be FUN!! lol!

You are spot on there the fish in the second photo took 45 mins to get it on board from 200 foot of water !!!!!

I own a music shop. Had many Paul Reed Smith Guitars through the shop over the years. I just got a 1973 Telecaster Deluxe All original. Sweet guitar and in mint condition! I play the drums, but my father plays the guitar. He is a strat guy, but has played them all over the 40 years plus he has been playing.

I own a music shop. Had many Paul Reed Smith Guitars through the shop over the years. I just got a 1973 Telecaster Deluxe All original. Sweet guitar and in mint condition! I play the drums, but my father plays the guitar. He is a strat guy, but has played them all over the 40 years plus he has been playing.

Brucewar,

That's a really cool pick up, especially for the age and in mint condition. Now I'll have to admit, I'm not the biggest Fender fan, my guitar company of choice would have to be ESP. Now I don't have 40 years of playing under my belt yet, I'll get there, but I have played my fair share of guitars! Anyway congrats on the 73 Telecaster Deluxe, that is nice.

Dooly,

45 minutes of pulling, sweating, jerking, and saying #*@*, was it worth it? I guess one day I'll just have to try it and find out for myself. My brother has tried to talk me into once or twice, maybe I should take him up on it!

Brucewar,

That's a really cool pick up, especially for the age and in mint condition. Now I'll have to admit, I'm not the biggest Fender fan, my guitar company of choice would have to be ESP. Now I don't have 40 years of playing under my belt yet, I'll get there, but I have played my fair share of guitars! Anyway congrats on the 73 Telecaster Deluxe, that is nice.

Dooly,

45 minutes of pulling, sweating, jerking, and saying #*@*, was it worth it? I guess one day I'll just have to try it and find out for myself. My brother has tried to talk me into once or twice, maybe I should take him up on it!

ESP's are nice... Just sold a george lynch model. The tiger one. purple and yellow. Nice Axe. On the tele there is a photo of it in US coin forum section. seach the post "in honor of my new guitar"

Brucewar,

Dooly,

ESP's are nice... Just sold a george lynch model. The tiger one. purple and yellow. Nice Axe. On the tele there is a photo of it in US coin forum section. seach the post "in honor of my new guitar"

Bruceswar,

That Tele looks almost brand new, no dings or nicks that I can see from the photos. Any belt rash? Yeah I'd have to say that was a good pick up!

Kryptonightcomics,

Do you kids really know who Buck Rodgers is? My 22 year old brother never heard of Buck Rodgers, makes me feel old. Now I understand Superman, and Wonder Woman.

Kryptonitecomics, very nice pics of all the super heros...*ahem* got anymore of that particular Wonder Woman?

I hear they are going to remake the TV show?

Kryptonightcomics,

Do you kids really know who Buck Rodgers is? My 22 year old brother never heard of Buck Rodgers, makes me feel old. Now I understand Superman, and Wonder Woman.

I bought the entire series on DVD and they watched and enjoyed every episode with me so.....yes they know who he is and we couldn't wait to go see him and Erin Gray in person......we got to talk to them for quite a while and they couldn't have been more friendly :applause:

Brucewar,

Dooly,

Bruceswar,

That Tele looks almost brand new, no dings or nicks that I can see from the photos. Any belt rash? Yeah I'd have to say that was a good pick up!

Kryptonightcomics,

None at all. This guitar is killer. Like new is right! A man came into the shop and sold it to us. We ask him what he wanted for the guitar. He told us a price and it was sold. All parties were happy :).