• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The man behind the post...

867 posts in this topic

Ok here is my mugshot taken about 37 years ago after an all niter yeahok.gif

"I show you good time G.I." foreheadslap.gif

stooges.gifbumpit.gif

1735280-Picture.jpghi.gif

No, it couldn't be 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

donald2lk7.jpg

hi.gif

I have been here for awhile, so why not show a pic of me.... OK laugh it up!

893whatthe.gif

Yes, even this dude with a fro knows some stuff about coins...

Is that a current picture or is it a refugee from the 70s!!!! 27_laughing.gif

Speaking of the 70s... that's when I had hair like that!! insane.gif

Scott hi.gif

1745269-mod_squad.jpg

1745269-mod_squad.jpg.d90c9d9eb01b7b120f1574d7648beeb0.jpg

1745269-mod_squad.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

This picture is taken from the top of the Prudential Center (Top of the Hub) in Boston. We were there for my wife’s business school party. Probably the most boring party I have ever been to but the views were cool. This one is of Fenway when the Red Sox were annihilating the Yankees. The second picture is just a different side of the building towards Boston. I wish I had the skill to avoid the glass reflection but I’m not so great with a camera.

FenwayH.JPG

BostH.JPG

These two are of us this past weekend at “King’s.” It’s a bowling/dance club here in Boston. My wife is the one wearing the ball cap. I’m the one with the two ladies – living the dream cool.gif

KingsH.JPG

Kings2H.JPG

My wife is the one wearing the ball cap. I’m the one with the two ladies – living the dream cool.gif

KingsH.JPG

Kings2H.JPG

Speaking of Red Sox I bet Mrs Winston can Handle a baseball bat pretty good 27_laughing.gif

That is encase Winston gets out of line grin.gif

Yeah we are just trying to take as much of Boston in as we can. My wife wants to move back to Minneapolis to be closer with her family after she graduates from her school program and we save up a little money. There is a lot to do in Boston and we live right here in the city so we can always…um…stumble home. In truth, we both walk to work and don’t even own a car. Haven’t for 5 years now.

Here is a picture of my grandson Kaiden and I taken at my daughter's house in Austin, Texas about 6 month ago.

137642940109_0_BG.jpg

Great pic carl. Granbabies are fun. We have 3 which our newest grandson is about 3 months old. Man at first glance, you look like my cousin who lives in Mineola. Nice to finally meet you in person, in a way!!!

pacino.jpg

winstonware...are you sure your brother Sam doesn't go by another name?

"Hey...what you lookin at?"

"You talkin to me?"

for the second time...

wrong post the first time ...doh!

Great shots of the city, Winston. You're wife is lovely. Does she know how lucky you are????

Great shots of the city, Winston. You're wife is lovely. Does she know how lucky you are????

I do my best to keep her happy – so yeah, I think she knows. Here is another picture of a different part of the city…

LinzSubwayH.JPG

nickel-frazier.jpg

James Earle Fraser

Model for the Buffalo Nickel, 1913.

A wise old Indian was telling his grandson about a battle that goes on inside all people.

He said, "My son, there is a constant battle going on inside us between two Wolves."

One wolf represents Evil. It is the anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other wolf is Good. It represents joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.

The grandson thought about it for a minute, turned up to look at his Grandfather and asked, "Well then Grandfather, which wolf wins?"

The old Indian simply replied, "The one you feed."

I figured it was time to reveal the face behind the post. This was up at Mount Washington NH a couple of weeks ago with the family.

FamilyPic.jpg

Great looking family, hoard! thumbsup2.gif I now notice we are practially neighbors. Will you be going to the Augustus Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site this Friday for the symposium and film premiere? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am actually 40 or so miles south of Boston and am actually going golfing in at Mt.Snow VT this weekend with some friends. I have marked the Saint-Gaudens site to visit at some later date. NH is great country, saw a moose grazing from the condo I was staying in. For those unfamilar with mount washington that is a portion of it over my wifes left shoulder with the Cog Railway making a run up the mountain. At some points up the mountain the train is angled at 37degrees.

I felt this would be a good place to provide thanks to a fellow member here that I just recently became acquainted with through the purchase of a couple of US Proof Sets, 55 and 56. Not only did he provide me with two nice sets but he also took it upon himself to include what I will call "special gifts" which have certain personal meaning to me. I immediately called him to see if he had made a mistake but no, he acted out of sincere kindness, honesty and integrity.

A most commendable individual, and such a tremendous action to take.

This is what this hobby is all about. There is now a new friendship that will grow because of this.

Rey