• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The man behind the post...

867 posts in this topic

The Proof Morgan cloud9.gif

And Chad, there are no prices because it is in the inventory archive, as in sold. poke2.gifwink.gif

-Amanda

Wow! Anaconda has some awesome coins!!

Check out this Gettysburg, Amanda:

http://www.anacondararecoins.com/inventory_showmore.asp?cert=06357602

I had the pleasure of seeing that one in person as well. cloud9.gif

A little out of my league, though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-Amanda

The Proof Morgan cloud9.gif

And Chad, there are no prices because it is in the inventory archive, as in sold. poke2.gifwink.gif

-Amanda

Wow! Anaconda has some awesome coins!!

Check out this Gettysburg, Amanda:

http://www.anacondararecoins.com/inventory_showmore.asp?cert=06357602

I had the pleasure of seeing that one in person as well. cloud9.gif

A little out of my league, though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-Amanda

I would have a said a little out of your age range but not your league wink.gif

They have some nice HIGHer end coins ... I probably paid a premium for the coin I bought from them ... but then it "CAMEO'd" on a designation review so then I was way ahead ... Some times luck does prevail ...

1487402-Coinimage.jpg

The story of the coin is here ...\\

The Coin I bought from ANACONDA

1487402-Coinimage.jpg.70f9dba07f07645bea703c3ed1b15e03.jpg

Okay, out of the realm of affordability for the time being. wink.gif

-Amanda

There was another Gettysburg same grade, same holder with some rim toning. Nothing great but not unappealing either. It was priced $750 more. To me, this seems ludicrous!

On EBay someone did A buy now for:

1936 50c NGC MS66 Toned Gettysburg Commemorative $1,025.00

So I think they use EBay to price there inventory OR at least to use as a price guide amongst other venues ...

1750 is way out there .. as there were some 66's that did not sell at 950

m

There was another Gettysburg same grade, same holder with some rim toning. Nothing great but not unappealing either. It was priced $750 more. To me, this seems ludicrous!

I have seen that coin, too, and as I recall, the lustre was stronger in addition to being nicely tab-toned. Such toning is rare in Gettysburgs, and as such is desireable.

I'm holding out for an eye-appealing, original P64. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-Amanda

Winston .. it was not my first choice but when I saw the coin and in the back of my mind thought it would regrade as cameo I had to ... Even though it is deteriorating in a FANCY manner it is a welcome addition to my collection smile.gif

Okay, out of the realm of affordability for the time being. wink.gif

-Amanda

EZ E, sometimes you have to pay to play.

That’s the way it goes when there’s not enough of them to go around. makepoint.gif

grin.gif

Winston .. it was not my first choice but when I saw the coin and in the back of my mind thought it would regrade as cameo I had to ... Even though it is deteriorating in a FANCY manner it is a welcome addition to my collection smile.gif

27_laughing.gif

Amanda, why are you holding out for a PCGS MS64 (P64)? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Why not simply a positive eye appeal, original MS64? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif Unless I am missing something obvious, which is always a danger when I post, I was under the impression that you thought more deeply than that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Amanda, why are you holding out for a PCGS MS64 (P64)? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Why not simply a positive eye appeal, original MS64? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif Unless I am missing something obvious, which is always a danger when I post, I was under the impression that you thought more deeply than that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You caught me! blush.gif

Truly any nice original 64 would be okey-dokey, you're right! I do like the PCGS holder better, though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just know that this is one coin I would rather not buy raw, like I buy all my other coins.

Sorry... that was a koolaid.gif moment. blush.gif

The A needs to do something about that haircut.

I cut my own hair, what are you implying? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifwink.gif

-Amanda

If it makes you feel any better, I would also prefer a certified one in a PCGS holder, but only because I like the aesthetics of their holder. thumbsup2.gif

If it makes you feel any better, I would also prefer a certified one in a PCGS holder, but only because I like the aesthetics of their holder. thumbsup2.gif

That's my reasoning also!

Plus, they are easier to photograph. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-Amanda

That's my reasoning also!

Plus, they are easier to photograph. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-Amanda

For a $1,000 or more coin, isn't it easier to find the coin and just change the holder if need be?

BTW - I too am my own hairstylist

For a $1,000 or more coin, isn't it easier to find the coin and just change the holder if need be?

64s are not usually $1,000 dollars or more. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Plus I am not a member of any TPG submit clubs.

-Amanda

64s are not usually $1,000 dollars or more. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Plus I am not a member of any TPG submit clubs.

-Amanda

I thought you wanted nice color. Even with nice color they are less than $1,000? That’s not so bad.

I'm sure that someone could help you out with a cross

I thought you wanted nice color. Even with nice color they are less than $1,000? That’s not so bad.

I'm sure that someone could help you out with a cross

I said eye appeal. wink.gif

That is, of course, subjective. grin.gif

Nice color is uncommon to Gettysburgs.

-Amanda

The Gettysburg has a high basal value (~$300 in EF40) but there is tremendous price compression for this issue such that a nice MS65 (~$600) or MS66 (~$800) are not many multiples of an entry level coin. Even the MS67 pieces can be had for less than many other issues.