• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2022 at 2:40 PM, VKurtB said:

Nope, that is NOT the DDR. Not even close. The DDR looks like this:

20F5F3FA-CC41-46B9-B7DC-D945DB5F9466.thumb.jpeg.076c513e0d6caf8431a57332846005ad.jpeg

Turns out you’re just another poseur who doesn’t know what he’s doing. Figures. 

There are quite a few varieties, http://varietyvista.com/04a JN DD Vol 1/DDRs 1939.htm and i did say my pictures stink. And when the F did i ever say i knew what i doing? Better take that back dummy, you don't want to get on my bad side. But it is 100% a VARIETY of the ddr. not YOUR EXACT variety. Only one "poser" here, and it's the guy with the big mouth who doesn't post any pics of coins :wink:. Oh yeah, it's you, in case you didn't figure it out. Duh.

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/6/2022 at 2:37 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

There are quite a few varieties, http://varietyvista.com/04a JN DD Vol 1/DDRs 1939.htm and i did say my pictures stink. And when the F did i ever say i knew what i doing? Better take that back dummy, you don't want to get on my bad side. But it is 100% a VARIETY of the ddr. not YOUR EXACT variety. Only one "poser" here, and it's the guy with the big mouth who doesn't post any pics of coins :wink:. Oh yeah, it's you, in case you didn't figure it out. Duh.

The FS801 is the ONLY 1939 DDR that actually matters. And that is the one I showed above. Not a single one of the others matters a whit. 

On 9/6/2022 at 3:49 PM, VKurtB said:

The FS801 is the ONLY 1939 DDR that actually matters. And that is the one I showed above. Not a single one of the others matters a whit. 

Then you are 100% correct. I do not have the only one worth a whit. I hope that was yours that you were showing me, or IT doesn't matter a whit. Thanks for the edification. You could go about it with a little less vitriol. People might respect you more. Might listen to what you have to say. Other than just brushing you off, like they always do. Know what i mean? 

Edit*

The way you were coming after me back there @VKurtB, calling me a poser and trying to discredit me... who were you trying to discredit me to? Do you really dislike me and what i do so much, that you'll pounce on me the very first time i make a statement about something, rather than a joke? Not very nurturing, are ya? No biggie. I'm the bigger person, and I'll let it slide, once. Next time you pounce on me, you won't enjoy the outcome. Consider yourself warned. And NGC, it's out there, and quite a few members should have put it out there way before i just did. What are you guys so afraid of? Some guy who doesn't post pics of his mighty collection picking yours apart? That's laughable. Who is he again? Some Smedly award winner? Whoop de doo. He's on the exact same forum you are, nothing special. Same forum i am, right palooka? 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/6/2022 at 2:56 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Then you are 100% correct. I do not have the only one worth a whit. I hope that was yours that you were showing me, or IT doesn't matter a whit. Thanks for the edification. You could go about it with a little less vitriol. People might respect you more. Might listen to what you have to say. Other than just brushing you off, like they always do. Know what i mean? 

Edit*

The way you were coming after me back there @VKurtB, calling me a poser and trying to discredit me... who were you trying to discredit me to? Do you really dislike me and what i do so much, that you'll pounce on me the very first time i make a statement about something, rather than a joke? Not very nurturing, are ya? No biggie. I'm the bigger person, and I'll let it slide, once. Next time you pounce on me, you won't enjoy the outcome. Consider yourself warned. And NGC, it's out there, and quite a few members should have put it out there way before i just did. What are you guys so afraid of? Some guy who doesn't post pics of his mighty collection picking yours apart? That's laughable. Who is he again? Some Smedly award winner? Whoop de doo. He's on the exact same forum you are, nothing special. Same forum i am, right palooka? 

To me, pal, this is a field to be taken seriously, not a vehicle for a few chuckles, or for “treasure hunting”. Numismatics is a very serious academic pursuit for me, and I do not appreciate it being cheapened for your amusement. It is a means to serious study of history, political economics, and metallurgy.  

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/6/2022 at 4:42 PM, VKurtB said:

To me, pal, this is a field to be taken seriously, not a vehicle for a few chuckles, or for “treasure hunting”. Numismatics is a very serious academic pursuit for me, and I do not appreciate it being cheapened for your amusement. It is a means to serious study of history, political economics, and metallurgy.  

Stay away from my thread. You won't be called out be me in the future. Keep me away from you, and I'll keep you away from me. Take it easy. 

On 9/6/2022 at 5:00 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Just got in change at my local package store. Had to stock up on Gus N Brew

20220906_175616.thumb.jpg.a93f084f9aa935f047081ace43a87b6c.jpg

Unfortunately, I’ve been told (I don’t know independently) that modern star notes are only collectible if Crisp Uncirculated. Have you heard that? I do think $10 notes in general are underappreciated,  because they are seldom dispensed by ATM’s. 

On 9/6/2022 at 6:19 PM, VKurtB said:

Unfortunately, I’ve been told (I don’t know independently) that modern star notes are only collectible if Crisp Uncirculated. Have you heard that? I do think $10 notes in general are underappreciated,  because they are seldom dispensed by ATM’s. 

Just more junk I'm collecting. Thank you for the info. 

On 9/6/2022 at 2:40 PM, VKurtB said:

Nope, that is NOT the DDR. Not even close. The DDR looks like this:

20F5F3FA-CC41-46B9-B7DC-D945DB5F9466.thumb.jpeg.076c513e0d6caf8431a57332846005ad.jpeg

Turns out you’re just another poseur who doesn’t know what he’s doing. Figures. 

I cannot laugh at anyone who is laughing at himself. Personally, I think this post was intentionally provocative, willful, and premeditated.  He was looking for someone to take the bait. I heard a voice in my head saying, "nothing but PMD." BUT YOU'VE GOT TO ADMIT THE PHOTOS ARE FINE ENOUGH TO CONFIRM, OR DISMISS THE COIN OUT OF HAND. This is what happens when you lob an admittedly creative term at someone, i.e., "nothingburger," and instead of ignoring it, he picks it up and runs with it and goes so far as to enshrine your categorization in a topic. The summer doldrums are over; CJ did his part by entertaining the masses. Gotta give him that much.

On 9/6/2022 at 10:21 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I cannot laugh at anyone who is laughing at himself. Personally, I think this post was intentionally provocative, willful, and premeditated.  He was looking for someone to take the bait. I heard a voice in my head saying, "nothing but PMD." BUT YOU'VE GOT TO ADMIT THE PHOTOS ARE FINE ENOUGH TO CONFIRM, OR DISMISS THE COIN OUT OF HAND. This is what happens when you lob an admittedly creative term at someone, i.e., "nothingburger," and instead of ignoring it, he picks it up and runs with it and goes so far as to enshrine your categorization in a topic. The summer doldrums are over; CJ did his part by entertaining the masses. Gotta give him that much.

I get being into beautiful gold coins from France of the Latin Monetary Union era. But schlock minor errors that also are slammed with edge and rim damage? I admit I’m left in a state of puzzlement. 

On 9/6/2022 at 11:24 PM, VKurtB said:

I get being into beautiful gold coins from France of the Latin Monetary Union era. But schlock minor errors that also are slammed with edge and rim damage? I admit I’m left in a state of puzzlement. 

Somebody mention gold from France?  ["You talkin' to me?  I don't see nobody else around.  You talkin' to me?"]  Another member on this Forum opened my eyes a bit when he referred to them, quite correctly, as "bullion" and "poor people's gold." That sounds fair enough.  Bear in mind, the very last in the 20-franc series--not the "originals" (1899-1906)--the "re-strikes," (1907-1914) were minted sporadically in the 1920's and even well into the 1950's and 1960's.  🐓 

On 9/6/2022 at 11:21 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

...ur standards for entertainment seem to have eroded over the past year, come on u can do better....

On 9/6/2022 at 11:21 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

It actually is a ddr variety, no bait. I've found 3 so far, in about 18 months. No, it's not the one he's talking about, but i bet he's never found a single coin worth talking about, so i understand his frustration and jealousy. He is after all, just an angry old man. While I'm young, fun, vibrant, that guy sucks the life out of the room. Along with his lacky, who can't seem to keep away, either. I remember that leach saying he wasn't coming back either, when i started this thread, and explained it wasn't for anyone but me. Bye bye, loser. Not you @Quintus Arrius, i mean those two dopes that can't keep away. You're always welcome buddy. 

Plenty P out there. D will be around next week. 

20220907_132050.thumb.jpg.9b86b4949f53663d97a744f4ee14a475.jpg20220907_132044.thumb.jpg.7196ba8bd6c0a78402a1c9ebef7a9a67.jpg

back in the pile after pics

On 9/6/2022 at 11:24 PM, VKurtB said:

So stop coming by, you dope. Nobody wants you here, anyway. Bye bye!

But nooooo. It's impossible to keep away, right? See you later, Mr. Jealous! Buh bye!

On 9/7/2022 at 8:54 AM, zadok said:

...ur standards for entertainment seem to have eroded over the past year, come on u can do better....

You continually heap underserved adulation on me and honor me with replies! Much appreciated!  (thumbsu

On 9/7/2022 at 12:55 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

20220907_132144.thumb.jpg.01ec8498cdc5dee3f339e1b7631ccddb.jpg20220907_132136.thumb.jpg.eba9b5e28eb19444a9c6a349ae06fb0a.jpg

so, silver dime, silver nickel, AND silver quarter! In horse racing that's called hitting the "daily double". Woo-hoo! I hit the daily double! What did you two hit today? Other than your heads against the wall for just being you? Nothing? So sad for you, waaaaaaah. 

Let me ask the counter question: Does anyone here care about this guy’s junk coins? I mean, I have every coin this clown has shown in fully mint state condition, but I don’t think they are even worth a single picture, because they are too mundane. You’re entitled to like what you like, but what a waste of bandwidth!!!

Edited by VKurtB

@CoinJockey73:

In point of fact, you've had a few trifectas--and even a superfecta!  [I don't know if you're old enough to remember them (now unlawful and illegal in New York). On my one and only visit to the 'track, "Seattle Slew" won in 1977, or thereabouts. However, with you, the hits keep on coming. Good show!]

P.S.  In one of my posts, I off-handedly referred to your coins with a pejorative: pedestrian.  In no way was I impugning your sterling character and reputation, nor that of your coins. Wrong word. I don't believe a word you've said regarding the source of your coins, but they speak for themselves.:makepoint: doh! :facepalm: :whistle: :roflmao:

On 9/7/2022 at 1:58 PM, VKurtB said:

Let me ask the counter question: Does anyone here care about this guy’s junk coins?

I am not ashamed to say I do. They're off the beaten track, seldom seen, rarely commented on. But I recognize them as one would an old friend.  (thumbsu

On 9/7/2022 at 1:58 PM, VKurtB said:

Let me ask the counter question: Does anyone here care about this guy’s junk coins? I mean, I have every coin this clown has shown in fully mint state condition, but I don’t think they are even worth a single picture, because they are too mundane. You’re entitled to like what you like, but what a waste of bandwidth!!!

You sure they're yours? Rumor has it you've got a big mouth with nothing to back it up. Mine are mine though, no denying it. On full display for all to see. Yours? Exactly, wind bag.