• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2022 at 5:14 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

...Oh yeah, where's @The Neophyte Numismatist been? Haven't seen him around the thread. Hope he's doing OK. He's one of the good guys. 

I am still here.  I have just been traveling and apparently lying low.  I like the circulated finds- keep them coming!

On 8/27/2022 at 8:59 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Hi everyone. Sorry for the little hiatus. I recently was convicted of some silly petty whatever, and was told i could serve 7 days in the local clink, or pay 500 bucks. I chose the ladder. In today's economy, with inflation rising to pay for, gas prices soaring, politics, anyway, a week's vacation was just what the doctor ordered. I found that nickel whilst in prison, as explained in @EagleRJO's thread. The rest, whatever. 20220827_072006.thumb.jpg.6c01c31c390edc5ad3416b45849a5c6f.jpg20220827_071958.thumb.jpg.2620627eedfe0c0f323c2a2ebb60d500.jpg

Just an FYI:

1) it is latter not ladder- you climb on the second one.

2) and latter refers to the second one- paying the fine.

3) to refer to the first one: use: the former.

Ain't  'cha glad that I'm back?

I haven't been able to see the forum for about a month.

It said I was signed in, but when I went to the forums, it told me to sign in.

and I couldn't.

finally -- just a bit ago,

I signed out.

Then signed in again--

It worked

On 9/1/2022 at 2:18 PM, Frank said:

Just an FYI:

1) it is latter not ladder- you climb on the second one.

2) and latter refers to the second one- paying the fine.

3) to refer to the first one: use: the former.

Ain't  'cha glad that I'm back?

That's my guy! I see my old thread is getting some action. Finally! 

On 9/1/2022 at 2:21 PM, Frank said:

and I couldn't.

I signed out.

Then signed in again--

It worked

Glad you're back! 

On 9/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, Frank said:

Ah, they'll miss ya, as soon as you are banned.

That's a fact! There's only one person I'll bow down to in circulation finds, and it's @AmberLarry over on CT. That guy is unreal! I saw he asked about me over on CT, please send him my best. I watch his finds every day and am always blown away. Thanks @amberlarry! Miss you "grandpa"! Hope all that is going well! 

On 9/1/2022 at 2:21 PM, Frank said:

and I couldn't.

I signed out.

Then signed in again--

It worked

[Ah, it once took me a very long time to figure that out. I was advised to do the same, and refused to, until it occurred to me I was already signed out and had nothing to lose. Moving right along... ladder/ladder is of no moment however, a gaol is a gaol, a prison is a prison. One cannot serve a short gaol term in a prison. That's Penology 101. 🐓    P.S. Welcome back, Frank!]

On 9/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, Frank said:

Ah, they'll miss ya, as soon as you are banned.

[For stealing someone else's thunder. I do not believe this Forum was prepared for surgical strikes delivered in rapid staccato fashion. But does that rise to a Guideline violation? The gentleman's presentation is, at the very least, entertaining. My position has always been, If it is not your cup of tea, by all means scroll away...]

On 9/1/2022 at 7:01 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Ah, it once took me a very long time to figure that out. I was advised to do the same, and refused to, until it occurred to me I was already signed out and had nothing to lose. Moving right along... ladder/ladder is of no moment however, a gaol is a gaol, a prison is a prison. One cannot serve a short gaol term in a prison. That's Penology 101. 🐓    P.S. Welcome back, Frank!]

Oh no, i welcome YOU back. Hope all is well-er. 

On 9/1/2022 at 7:17 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Oh no, i welcome YOU back. Hope all is well-er. 

I fell, I could not get back up, was taken to the E.R. where the spectre of Covid-19 reared its ugly head. Can't do nothing until the infection is abated; self-tested my wife: she was positive. I told her you must go to the E.R.--by yourself. Because she requested a Covid-19 test, the E.R. referred her to an Urgent Care Center a few blocks away. They inadvertently discovered elevate liver enzymes and a high blood glucose level: she was directed back to the E.R.

We are both now Negative. I was offered an experimental drug, not approved by the FDA, because it hadn't gone through clinical trials. I said, I'm your man! They infused me with a multisyllabic, unpronounceable drug. I was fine before administration; sick after. The same E.R. that "infused" me with an untested drug [my sister insisted was a toxic poison] handed her a prescription for Pfizer's PAXLOVID. I was told, You are PATIENT # 1. Hardly encouraging.

I see my cardiologist and doctor separately on Sept. 6th and 13th. I will know in two weeks whether I am still a part of the living or dead 'n' stinkin.'  Until then, I take one step, push a walker, repeat. Mother of mercy! Is this the end of Q.A.? Who knows?

Hardly any goodies the past two days, but i present to you a question. 

Would you rather find that W V75 Salt River Bay quarter from yesterday, worth a minimum of 10 bucks on ebay, or this silver quarter, worth exactly 25 cents, or whatever melt value is, that i found today. Huh? 

20220902_102910.thumb.jpg.c8f82eaf1fee4cec99cf52703ffd1456.jpg20220902_102859.thumb.jpg.32a6f41776a210d5faa2c50ad55b11cc.jpg

i asked you a question there fella, you gonna answer? 

On 9/2/2022 at 10:48 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Hardly any goodies the past two days, but i present to you a question. 

Would you rather find that W V75 Salt River Bay quarter from yesterday, worth a minimum of 10 bucks on ebay, or this silver quarter, worth exactly 25 cents, or whatever melt value is, that i found today. Huh? 

20220902_102910.thumb.jpg.c8f82eaf1fee4cec99cf52703ffd1456.jpg20220902_102859.thumb.jpg.32a6f41776a210d5faa2c50ad55b11cc.jpg

i asked you a question there fella, you gonna answer? 

My heart says the silver quarter, since I've been actively searching for them for 45+ years.  But my brain says the "W" quarters due to relative rarity and that the ones in circulation are slowly dwindling or getting worn.

On 9/2/2022 at 12:43 PM, Dano1969 said:

My heart says the silver quarter, since I've been actively searching for them for 45+ years.  But my brain says the "W" quarters due to relative rarity and that the ones in circulation are slowly dwindling or getting worn.

Same club, as usual. I know the silver is well, silver! But the W makes me giddy when i find one. I did use that '64 quarter as an example though. It's very common. The winged liberty dime? Those make me giddy, as well. 

Thank you for stopping by and participating. Enjoy the long holiday weekend, my friend. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/6/2022 at 1:03 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

As cool as all that junk was, this is actually pretty cool. Calling all nickel people. I'd like @VKurtB to see this. Gather round, closer, closer, i just want to goose @VKurtB, honk! There you go, big guy. Anyway, closer, closer, not so close! 

20220906_132018.thumb.jpg.4575ad02be75a01bfce89185627b6794.jpg20220906_132007.thumb.jpg.e31ddf50c757d62d287b0ca29e01b7ec.jpg

it is 100% a 1939 ddr. This is the third I've found since i heard about them about 18 months ago. Hard to see in these crappy pics, but the doubling in the MO and LO in MONTICELLO are very pronounced. It's actually full of doubling all over it, most I've seen. 

20220906_133348.thumb.jpg.71d5a5bab026248580696602cf8cf066.jpg

Check out the A on it's side, lower right. Heavy doubling all over this coin. Amazing. Question for the life long collectors, what now? Thank you. 

Nope, that is NOT the DDR. Not even close. The DDR looks like this:

20F5F3FA-CC41-46B9-B7DC-D945DB5F9466.thumb.jpeg.076c513e0d6caf8431a57332846005ad.jpeg

Turns out you’re just another poseur who doesn’t know what he’s doing. Figures. 

Edited by VKurtB