• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2022 at 2:46 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Well, you certainly lost me there. You were asked to make what is popularly known as a "Hobson's choice": either the clink or Ducats. You said you chose the latter. I believe you meant the former. No matter. I would have done the same. [There are members out there chuckling, "It figgers." Go right ahead. Excuse me while I take that $500. both @CoinJockey73 and I, both would have not squandered and applied it to more practical things.] Welcome back, champ! I like your style.  🐓 

Good to see you kicking around as well. And not to correct you but, i did say i chose the "ladder", as in the Jacob's Ladder. And people laugh when i choose incarceration over paying a small fine. It's a paid week off! Away from everything. No car pools, no fake showing up for "work", no nothing. And the excuse is perfect. I couldn't pay the fine because you pay me so little, so you need to pay me to spend the week in jail. Who can argue with that?  And style? What style? We can leave it at that. 

*edit

How's this for style? How i "store" my "collection".

20220827_163924.thumb.jpg.5f0c1fbd2f96d17f9506d62de62bd5c6.jpg

Easy to move around like this. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/27/2022 at 4:56 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

If this seems phony, it's not. All legit finds, that day. 

20220827_164937.thumb.jpg.4a281b06baba049d41127198dc83f612.jpg

In change from my local L.H. Martin. Anyone remember those? You have one in Forest Hills growing up @Quintus Arrius?

If you are talking about L.H. Martin, I don't know what that is.  If you're talking about the starred note, I couldn't've had that one. No, not because it was sent to the Dallas FRD, but because the Fort Worth branch of the BEP wasn't operational until I had left. [The clink or gaol would be of no consequence. I am already in jail. My wife doesn't let me go anywhere.]  :roflmao:

@Quintus Arrius, have i ever told you my theory on coins found in the same day, from the same mint mark, in the same denomination? I think i mentioned it to @Lem E once, this said theory, but maybe not, as it's pretty important, so I've been clandestine about it. Here goes. These two 1943P nickels were minted one right after the other at the Grand Canyon mint, and then separated by cruel fate. I, @CoinJockey73, have brought them back together after a 99 year absence. Reunited, if you will. You're welcome. 

20220828_082115.thumb.jpg.b3eb05d5bbcae9bd222259ff376ac703.jpg20220828_082106.thumb.jpg.f0c0763f7891223203adf52c9bde11b7.jpg

a dog. 

On 8/28/2022 at 4:39 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

It's like I'm some sort of magnet that attracts coins, or something. Coin magnet. CoinMagnet. CoinMagnet73. Ut oh, looks like i might be getting banned here, after all. 

Nah Nah Nah…stick with the original.

On 8/28/2022 at 4:53 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Ok, ok. On your recommendation, I'll stick with the original. There are very few people whose opinion matters so much to me, especially around here. @CoinJockey73 it is. 

You have built up the brand too much to change it now. 

On 8/28/2022 at 5:00 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Haha! The brand! You're too funny. Some brand! Thanks for the chuckle. Hope you're enjoying a cool evening. 

Nice quiet night at work with nobody here to bother me. Obviously I’m not very busy. B|

On 8/28/2022 at 6:06 PM, Lem E said:

Nice quiet night at work with nobody here to bother me. Obviously I’m not very busy. B|

Good for you brother, good for you. I'm a big fan of enjoying what i can, when i can. Hope same goes for you. 

On 8/28/2022 at 5:53 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

There are very few people whose opinion matters so much to me, especially around here. 

It's too bad it's unlawful and illegal to mention the user names of the members whose opinion you really respect.  One such fellow, went thru all the trouble of disengaging the "ignore" option, hastily said what he had to say, and promptly re-engaged the ignore!  I gave him an E for effort. On another unrelated forum you are not permitted to make a comment and then disable comments. I don't care. He only confirmed what I already suspected. He, and a few others, are my biggest fans.

Your coin roster is out of this world. I seriously doubt any numismatist, spotting the tell-tale darker shading on Jefferson's shoulder doesn't know it's a war-time nickel.  I don't know from "rare" but these 35% silver content nickels are uncommon.