• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2022 at 10:42 PM, Dano1969 said:

I keep all wheatbacks.

but 1955’s get special attention due to the doubled due varieties.

I especially keep anything pre-1940 as montages are lower.

1931–s, 1922 plain and D are rare(the plain is actually an error) Anything from 1909 definitely worth keeping especially s mint marks, and 1914-D.

these are the big guys to look out for.

Thank you @Dano1969! I'll check them out tomorrow when I've got a few minutes. I believe the eldest was a 1925. Thank you for the valued, much needed info. Hope all is well on your end. Thanks for stopping by

Little tease. Hope you're all paying attention. I had what we in the numismatic field call, "a good day", today. 

Very rare, impossible to find outside of a very rare person's collection. This made it out of the garage without being painted! Guys must have been pretty lit to let a gold one get by! 

20220829_151732.thumb.jpg.e55326bb83c7f0daefdfbdc9720dec08.jpg20220829_151723.thumb.jpg.5b108182c6482d6b43ea5110747a2a2a.jpg

like i said, tease. I'll post the rest of today's finds in a little while. I haven't finished my afternoon nap at work. Yawn. 

I believe it safe to say, at this juncture, that you have "acquired immunity" to post here, at will. Your thread is lively, refreshingly different from the customary fare and very entertaining. A few members have been accorded "unconditional immunity." Some have it, and aren't even aware of it. While it is doubtful I will ever earn that honor, I do thank our hosts for having me.  You've managed to make common coinage interesting--a remarkable feat in and of itself!  (thumbsu

On 8/30/2022 at 3:26 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I believe it safe to say, at this juncture, that you have "acquired immunity" to post here, at will. Your thread is lively, refreshingly different from the customary fare and very entertaining. A few members have been accorded "unconditional immunity." Some have it, and aren't even aware of it. While it is doubtful I will ever earn that honor, I do thank our hosts for having me.  You've managed to make common coinage interesting--a remarkable feat in and of itself!  (thumbsu

First, thanks for checking in. 

2nd, thank you for the kind words. This should be fun. I'm not sure about immunity, if i cross enough lines, I'm sure they'll kick me off, but i don't have any warnings yet, and clearly i have no agenda, literally, so I'll do my best to stick around. (I like run-on sentences.)

And D, wait till you see what I'm posting up, today. This all probably seems made up, but it's not, it's really really not. all finds are that day. So @Quintus Arrius, who do you think secretly sits on pins and needles all day long, waiting for me to post, but hasn't "liked" a single coin, nor left a single comment. Gotta be dozens. The thread gets over 100 views a day. Can't just be you and me, or is it you and i? Or is it i and you? Ug, look what you got me into THIS time...lol