• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2022 at 2:09 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73:

In point of fact, you've had a few trifectas--and even a superfecta!  [I don't know if you're old enough to remember them (now unlawful and illegal in New York). On my one and only visit to the 'track, "Seattle Slew" won in 1977, or thereabouts. However, with you, the hits keep on coming. Good show!]

P.S.  In one of my posts, I off-handedly referred to your coins with a pejorative: pedestrian.  In no way was I impugning your sterling character and reputation, nor that of your coins. Wrong word. I don't believe a word you've said regarding the source of your coins, but they speak for themselves.:makepoint: doh! :facepalm: :whistle: :roflmao:

"Circulation".

On 9/7/2022 at 1:58 PM, VKurtB said:

Let me ask the counter question: Does anyone here care about this guy’s junk coins? I mean, I have every coin this clown has shown in fully mint state condition, but I don’t think they are even worth a single picture, because they are too mundane. You’re entitled to like what you like, but what a waste of bandwidth!!!

Hey dopey, this thread has been viewed 4,000 times since i started it a month ago. Has anything you EVER started in your entire life been seen that many times? Nope. So yes, people are interested in me, not you. No need to come back here, unless you just can't keep away, like everyone else. Hey, you're just like everyone else, lol. That's awesome! 

On 9/7/2022 at 2:16 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

You sure they're yours? Rumor has it you've got a big mouth with nothing to back it up. Mine are mine though, no denying it. On full display for all to see. Yours? Exactly, wind bag. 

I believe I can vouch for Kurt. What other plausible explanation can there be for the quite extensive over-the-road mileage and frequent flier miles he's flown--all of it documented with photographs at various coin shows. One classic photo was a selfie labeled, "THIS IS ME." There is no heavy artillery that can be brought to bear against a member who has always been brutally honest and exceedingly polite. IMHO.

On 9/7/2022 at 2:34 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I believe I can vouch for Kurt. What other plausible explanation can there be for the quite extensive over-the-road mileage and frequent flier miles he's flown--all of it documented with photographs at various coin shows. One classic photo was a selfie labeled, "THIS IS ME." There is no heavy artillery that can be brought to bear against a member who has always been brutally honest and exceedingly polite. IMHO.

I'm just saying, behind his back, members have contacted me and said his "collection" ain't what he say it be. That he's all bark. But if you say you've seen his MS70 collections, I'll believe it. But let's stop talking about know nothing know it alls, and enjoy the finds! 

@CoinJockey73:

The only concern, which you yourself have expressed, is whether you can sustain the momentum you've built up. If it were me, I'd be stuck. Minus a very few odds and ends, my 🐓 compilations are divided between two Set Registries, and word has it, if I were to divest my self of them, computer-savvy collectors who know where to look would find out right away.  I like your posts strictly for nostalgic reasons.  🤔 

On 9/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73:

Was not the gentleman you now upbraid the very same one who gifted you with a term you now use in your topic heading?  No further questions.  :whistle:

What's that saying about giving and taking away? I gaveth him the honor of being a part of this. He's been a jack ss from day one, and I've put up with it, even encouraged it, but him trying to discredit someone who has posted from day one that i have no idea what I'm doing. I mean, come on! Get a life! Sit back and chuckle and be like, yup, he's a dope, but to come on and attack someone who admittedly doesn't know jack, he showed me another side. His mean side. Now I'm done with him. I taketh away. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/7/2022 at 1:16 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

You sure they're yours? Rumor has it you've got a big mouth with nothing to back it up. Mine are mine though, no denying it. On full display for all to see. Yours? Exactly, wind bag. 

My mundane coins are all in Dansco albums. And no, I own no easy to use phone that can take a grab shot of coins. For me, taking coin pictures is a huge production. 

On 9/7/2022 at 2:47 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73:

The only concern, which you yourself have expressed, is whether you can sustain the momentum you've built up. If it were me, I'd be stuck. Minus a very few odds and ends, my 🐓 compilations are divided between two Set Registries, and word has it, if I were to divest my self of them, computer-savvy collectors who know where to look would find out right away.  I like your posts strictly for nostalgic reasons.  🤔 

It never ends. It ebbs and flows, feast to famine, but it never ends. I said from day one, these posts are for me. I need to post them just to show what's out there. That's all. I find it amazing. I stopped posting on that other thread because the task became too daunting. Can you believe that? Momentum? I'm more inertia. 

The closest field of view I can get with my phone is a business card or maybe a drivers license. Nothing closer. Even for those, there is extra shown around the card. I can shoot slabs, but they number only about 500 or so, while my stuff in 2x2’s number in the tens of thousands, and solid rolls in BU in the several hundreds. I just watched Apple’s new products announcement and close up cameras are included, so maybe soon. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/7/2022 at 3:06 PM, VKurtB said:

The closest field of view I can get with my phone is a business card or maybe a drivers license. Nothing closer. Even for those, there is extra shown around the card. 

Don't worry about it. I don't want you trying to class up the joint with some sort of REALLY nice coins. Junk finds only, remember? 

@CoinJockey73:

I don't believe I've written anyone off. Kurt was the very first to challenge me at the outset. I don't believe I took it personally. There is always jockeying for position in the beginning until a pecking order emerges. Just the other day I re-thanked a member for asking a simple, straight-forward question, in substance: DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA TO WHOM YOU ARE SPEAKING?  I did not. But I knew right there and then I had to stop being a bull in a china shop. Oh, my, how everyone ganged up on me. Years later, some members haven't thawed out. Ideally, we should all be like that humble member/gentleman from Kentucky. It's a social media forum, as Kurt once helpfully pointed out to me. It behooves us to all get along. Years later, I still try to redeem myself. It's a never-ending process much like your galloping thread. Come to think of it, one member referred to my coin of choice as that "precious little niche" of yours, i.e., inconsequential, of no moment. I kept righ5 on keeping on. The overall positivity vastly outweighs any negativity. 

On 9/7/2022 at 2:09 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Don't worry about it. I don't want you trying to class up the joint with some sort of REALLY nice coins. Junk finds only, remember? 

Okay, understood. I don’t do junk coins unless they’re non-U.S. I have lots of Europe and Asia junk coins. 

On 9/7/2022 at 2:53 PM, VKurtB said:

My mundane coins are all in Dansco albums. And no, I own no easy to use phone that can take a grab shot of coins. For me, taking coin pictures is a huge production. 

When I am pressed on the matter of photos I remind members you can't expect much from a phone you find in a box of "Cracker Jacks." It's all good.

On 9/7/2022 at 3:10 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73:

I don't believe I've written anyone off. Kurt was the very first to challenge me at the outset. I don't believe I took it personally. There is always jockeying for position in the beginning until a pecking order emerges. Just the other day I re-thanked a member for asking a simple, straight-forward question, in substance: DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA TO WHOM YOU ARE SPEAKING?  I did not. But I knew right there and then I had to stop being a bull in a china shop. Oh, my, how everyone ganged up on me. Years later, some members haven't thawed out. Ideally, we should all be like that humble member/gentleman from Kentucky. It's a social media forum, as Kurt once helpfully pointed out to me. It behooves us to all get along. Years later, I still try to redeem myself. It's a never-ending process much like your galloping thread. Come to think of it, one member referred to my coin of choice as that "precious little niche" of yours, i.e., inconsequential, of no moment. I kept righ5 on keeping on. The overall positivity vastly outweighs any negativity. 

I haven't written anyone off, yet. But a serious attitude adjustment needs to be made. And you don't think I'm Mr positive around here? It really takes a lot to suck the life out of a room like that, i try to stay positive, but even i can only take so much. I'm all good. Thanks for the concern though. 

On 9/7/2022 at 3:12 PM, VKurtB said:

Okay, understood. I don’t do junk coins unless they’re non-U.S. I have lots of Europe and Asia junk coins. 

I no longer enjoy the privilege of owning junk anything.  :roflmao:

On 9/7/2022 at 2:13 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

When I am pressed on the matter of photos I remind members you can't expect much from a phone you find in a box of "Cracker Jacks." It's all good.

It’s the cheapest Apple phone that is now discontinued. The second generation Apple iPhone SE. It takes WONDERFUL scenics but its macro capabilities REALLY STINK. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/7/2022 at 3:12 PM, VKurtB said:

Really? That's only understood now? You titled the thread! I've also said it almost daily since i started, nothing to see here! Nothingburgers, remember? Your word! 

@CoinJockey73:

Not for nothing, but I believe I am the only member still left standing who had the unmitigated gall, the CHUTZPAH, to accept member Nevada S&G on his own terms. I still don't understand what that brouhaha was all about! 

On 9/7/2022 at 2:16 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Really? That's only understood now? You titled the thread! I've also said it almost daily since i started, nothing to see here! Nothingburgers, remember? Your word! 

I genuinely don’t understand the appeal of posting pictures of mundane U.S. junk coins. Maybe you could educate me?

On 9/7/2022 at 2:18 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

"Circulation".

"Circulation" does not begin to describe the precise location in which they were found. I guess the mystery sounds more exciting than saying... "so anyway, my aunt Mae said I am more than than welcome to explore the old attic and help myself to whatever I find." Voila!  :roflmao:

On 9/7/2022 at 2:19 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73:

Not for nothing, but I believe I am the only member still left standing who had the unmitigated gall, the CHUTZPAH, to accept member Nevada S&G on his own terms. I still don't understand what that brouhaha was all about! 

Your acceptance of NevadaS&G is something I attribute to being a New Yorker, a people strongly accustomed to obnoxious behaviors. I grew up in the Philly media market, the only demographic that competes with New Yorkers in that category. Our people booed Santa Claus at a football game. 

On 9/7/2022 at 3:25 PM, VKurtB said:

Your acceptance of NevadaS&G is something I attribute to being a New Yorker, a people strongly accustomed to obnoxious behaviors. I grew up in the Philly media market, the only demographic that competes with New Yorkers in that category. Our people booed Santa Claus at a football game. 

Philly is far worse. 

On 9/7/2022 at 2:26 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Philly is far worse. 

When provoked/agitated, for certain. When cranked up, people from Philly can make Andrew Dice Clay blush. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/7/2022 at 3:20 PM, VKurtB said:

I genuinely don’t understand the appeal of posting pictures of mundane U.S. junk coins. Maybe you could educate me?

These things from a bygone era are rarely seen, think about it!  We're always exposed to the upper strata where the air is rarefied. The OP says, Hey guys, remember these? There's nothing anyone can do about it. I have unabashedly carved out an exemption for him and he is free to post to his heart's content (with Moderation's nod).  :roflmao:

On 9/7/2022 at 3:20 PM, VKurtB said:

It's literally what i find 5 days a week. I'm not going into a coin shop and buying these. I'm finding these in circulation, new, every day. You don't find that fascinating? Like i always say, simple minds, simple pleasures. People contact me all the time and tell me they luv the finds! Keep em coming! I just think it's cool that one person has pulled all this stuff in such a short period of time. And I'm documenting it, here. I've apologized several times for that, but i think it's fun. Anyone else think it's fun? Apparently quite a few do, cuz it ain't just you and me at this rodeo.

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/7/2022 at 3:25 PM, VKurtB said:

The gentleman may have been overbearing--in Japan they employ people to push people onto trains, but obnoxious? Nah!  doh!

On 9/7/2022 at 3:28 PM, VKurtB said:

When provoked/agitated, for certain. When cranked up, people from Philly can make Andrew Dice Clay blush. 

An eagles fan worked in a dig on Nelson Agholor on live tv. Philly fans are brutal. 

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2019/09/25/wednesday-hot-clicks-eagles-fan-fire-nelson-agholor-interview-video

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/7/2022 at 2:30 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

It's literally what i find 5 days a week. I'm not going into a coin shop and buying these. I'm finding these in circulation, new, every day. You don't find that fascinating? Like i always say, simple minds, simple pleasures. People contact me all the time and tell me they luv the finds! Keep em coming! I just think it's cool that one person has pulled all this stuff on such a short period of time. And I'm documenting it, here. I've apologized several times for that, but i think it's fun. Anyone else think it's fun? Apparently quite a few do, cuz it ain't just you and me at this rodeo.

The sheer volume of coins handled DOES boggle my mind. I once assiduously saved absolutely every coin I got in change for an entire year. The grand total was just shy of $300. 

On 9/7/2022 at 3:26 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Philly is far worse. 

Hold on, the City of Brotherly Love?  What happened? [I don't want to hear anything about Bruno and his gaping, wide-open mouth in a car[.  :roflmao: