• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smelly feet lovers, read this! You know you luv smelly feet if you click this link
5 5

635 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2022 at 2:35 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Hold on, the City of Brotherly Love?  What happened? [I don't want to hear anything about Bruno and his gaping, wide-open mouth in a car[.  :roflmao:

Everybody is trying to prove they’re as tough as Little Nicky Scarfo. 

On 9/7/2022 at 3:33 PM, VKurtB said:

The sheer volume of coins handled DOES boggle my mind. I once assiduously saved absolutely every coin I got in change for an entire year. The grand total was just shy of $300. 

There you have it then! Something about all this caused a slight furrow in your brow! That's all i ask. That's about what i have saved on average, as well. 

On 9/7/2022 at 3:24 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

"Circulation" does not begin to describe the precise location in which they were found. I guess the mystery sounds more exciting than saying... "so anyway, my aunt Mae said I am more than than welcome to explore the old attic and help myself to whatever I find." Voila!  :roflmao:

If you only knew. 

On 9/7/2022 at 2:37 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

There you have it then! Something about all this caused a slight furrow in your brow! That's all i ask. That's about what i have saved on average, as well. 

It’s far less than $300 these days. 

On 9/7/2022 at 3:37 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

The most I have ever brought to a CoinStar was $700. worth, but I can assure you NONE of it was silver.

Given the condition of much of it, I’m thinking he cleans out fountains. Can’t be cutting the heads off of parking meters. He would soon have a failure to communicate. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/7/2022 at 3:45 PM, VKurtB said:

Given the condition of much of it, I’m thinking he cleans out fountains. Can’t be cutting the heads off of parking meters. He would soon have a failure to communicate. 

There is absolutely a story line here somewhere. [Incidentally, the parking meters--first introduced in Oklahoma in 1921, are all gone from New York City. Every business block features a machine which takes your dollars and issues you a receipt which you then place under your windshield wiper.]

Appreciate the Cool Hand Luke reference.:golfclap:

On 9/7/2022 at 3:52 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Personally, I like seeing coins found in circulation.  I don't find a fraction of these coins when I CRH. Finding coins is fun!  Are these coins supremely valuable and should be graded?  No.  Are many of these coins tricky to find in circulation? Yes.  The "hunt" is as much a part of collecting at the coins themselves.  In fact, I know collectors that sell the day they finish a set.

Don't get me wrong, I love MS coins.  A circulated coin does not match some of the quality in sets I am working, but I still think they are neat.  I don't snub them, but see them for what they are - coins that did a lot of work for the economy over their life.  One can only think about the "stories coins tell" in circulated coins... MS coins are limited to collectors/dealers that have owned them in the past (interesting, but not as interesting to me).

Nicely put. Glad you're enjoying! 

Possibly :wink: and nope. Nothing nefarious going on here. Simple stuff. 

Don't worry little ladies, you can have your precious site back. With very little thought, I've decided this site sucks, mostly because of a few bad apples who pick stuff apart, but don't post anything they "own", or "co-own", whatever poor people do to be a part of coins. So yeah, buh bye!

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/8/2022 at 9:44 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Don't worry little ladies, you can have your site back. With very little thought, I've decided this site sucks, mostly because of a few bad apples who pick stuff apart, but don't post anything they "own", or "co-own", whatever poor people do to be a part of coins. So yeah, buh bye!

You can't bail yet, I got kiddo searching boxes of coins for something to post lol. 

20220908_103347.jpg

On 9/8/2022 at 11:36 AM, ShinyObjects said:

I can see this thread needs an emotional support intervention.  :)

Let me introduce Mr. Sherlock Bones.

Look deep Into his eyes for emotional healing, love and support. :)

20220908_105838.jpg

You're too funny. You know me, I'm all good over here. I just don't need people who don't post anything but comments, coming after me for anything. All i post are coins, so they should keep their traps shut. Problem is, these guys have never been slapped in the face. I don't mean verbally. I mean, Will Smith Chris Rock slapped in the face. Hiding behind a keyboard is funny. 

On 9/8/2022 at 11:43 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

You're too funny. You know me, I'm all good over here. I just don't need people who don't post anything but comments, coming after me for anything. All i post are coins, so they should keep their traps shut. Problem is, these guys have never been slapped in the face. I don't mean verbally. I mean, Will Smith Chris Rock slapped in the face. Hiding behind a keyboard is funny. 

I hear ya, I was  just having some fun.

Before i retire what is arguably the hottest, fastest growing, most talked about thread in years on these forums, i did find the usual duds today. so, for your final entertainment, i present to you, my daily finds

20220908_093919.thumb.jpg.e4ce815f4c2bbb26cd12300c937d358f.jpg20220908_093913.thumb.jpg.694fe77d6e256b97eea99ba8de44c25f.jpg

Mind you, i found quite a few more, but nothing worth the photo. 

On 9/8/2022 at 9:44 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

Don't worry little ladies, you can have your precious site back. With very little thought, I've decided this site sucks, mostly because of a few bad apples who pick stuff apart, but don't post anything they "own", or "co-own", whatever poor people do to be a part of coins. So yeah, buh bye!

Where ever did you get the idea that you can simply pick up and go? You need authorization and the only way you can get it is to file a requisition form. And I don't have to remind you the only way you can get a requisition form is to file a requisition form requesting one.  :whistle:

On 9/8/2022 at 6:41 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Where ever did you get the idea that you can simply pick up and go? You need authorization and the only way you can get it is to file a requisition form. And I don't have to remind you the only way you can get a requisition form is to file a requisition form requesting one.  :whistle:

I believe it'll be easy enough to just get myself banned, need be. No big deal. But I've been contacted by administration, and they've requested i stick around. Who am i to say no.