• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Need a new slot/row added to an existing set? Post here!
17 17

442 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 7/7/2023 at 2:46 AM, FOX901 said:

Hi 👋 

New set request for 

2022M Spain G15C Spanish Doubloon - Lynx
NGC RP 70
6792186-001

Hello, @FOX901.

In order to streamline all set requests, we ask that you post here:

https://boards.ngccoin.com/topic/427255-need-a-new-ngc-registry-set-post-here-please-remember-to-include-your-ngc-certification-numbers-in-your-request/#comments

Thank you.

• Administrator
On 6/9/2023 at 4:47 PM, Kalina-Coins said:

Hello Ali,

Please add new slot for my new coins:

2857012-002

Best Regards,
Anatoly

Hello, Anatoly.

FANTASY coins may be added to Custom NGC Registry sets. Thank you.

What do I do when it asks me for a set name. I'm try to get more points so there's a plus and I press that then it asks me for a set name what do I do or write?

On 7/10/2023 at 11:04 PM, Cesar E said:

What do I do when it asks me for a set name. I'm try to get more points so there's a plus and I press that then it asks me for a set name what do I do or write?

@Cesar E--I assume that you don't have any existing sets to which you can add these coins. These are the basic instructions for creating a set, which I copied from the page "About the NGC Registry", which appears when you click the "About" tab at the left of the Registry home page:

If you added an NGC-certified coin, you can immediately place it into an eligible competitive set. If you added a PCGS-certified coin, you can add it to eligible competitive sets as soon as it has been reviewed by an administrator.

Image%205%20TB20191210135323869.jpg
Click image to enlarge.

To find the perfect set for your coins, you can browse the NGC Registry to see all of the options. Some collectors choose to participate in the most popular set categories while others try to find a set category where there is less competition. You can find sets with a lot of slots, a few slots, varieties and more.

The NGC Registry can also tell you where your coins may be added. When viewing your coin list, click on the green + symbol near the coin description to see eligible sets and slots. You can also use Autobuild Set to quickly create sets and to make sure your sets are receiving as many points as possible.

Image%206%20TB20191210135404732.jpg
Click image to enlarge.

You can use the NGC Registry menu at the left side of the NGC website to find your coins and sets or browse the NGC Registry. It's all relatively simple once you have had some experience doing it.

You can get additonal help by clicking the "Help/FAQs" tab on the Registry home page, at (click)NGC Registry | Online Coin Registry Set Collecting | NGC (ngccoin.com) . You can also check out the various topics posted by the Administrator at the top of this forum.  If you still have questions, you should post them as a new topic on the Registry forum. The Administrator will usually answer within a few working days, but sometimes forum members such as I can respond more quickly.

Edit:  I may have misunderstood your question.  As I stated in response to your topic on the "Testing" forum, "If you've already selected a set and don't know what to do when you are prompted to enter a set name the answer is that you write in a name you want to call the set, such as "Cesar's Lincoln Cents", or "The CE Morgan Dollar Collection", or any other appropriate name."   

Edited by Sandon

I recently purchased a French Colonies coin and wanted to add it to my US Colonial Issues 1616-1828 Complete registry set, but it was not eligible.  Is it possible to review the mints that are eligible for the series and add eligibility if appropriate or provide an explanation of why this one is not eligible?  It is 1740W 1/2SM FRENCH COLONIES.  The Registry set currently includes: 1739P; 1739W; 1740A; 1740AA; 1740B; 1740BB; and 1740D.  The Red Book lists the 1740 as the most commonly available, and I see the 1739W mint is eligible, and wondering why the 1740W is not.  Thank you!

• Administrator
On 7/21/2023 at 9:27 AM, Dlibertycap said:

I recently purchased a French Colonies coin and wanted to add it to my US Colonial Issues 1616-1828 Complete registry set, but it was not eligible.  Is it possible to review the mints that are eligible for the series and add eligibility if appropriate or provide an explanation of why this one is not eligible?  It is 1740W 1/2SM FRENCH COLONIES.  The Registry set currently includes: 1739P; 1739W; 1740A; 1740AA; 1740B; 1740BB; and 1740D.  The Red Book lists the 1740 as the most commonly available, and I see the 1739W mint is eligible, and wondering why the 1740W is not.  Thank you!

Hello, @Dlibertycap.

We will send directions to the email address we have on file for you, so you can get your coin added. Thank you.

hi

coin 6673540050 could not be added to the charles iii registry set....

can you tell me what other coin fits the slot 2022 charles iii obverse?  im only aware of one sovereign with the charles iii obverse and this is the one

• Administrator
On 7/28/2023 at 1:42 PM, Thomas78 said:

hi

coin 6673540050 could not be added to the charles iii registry set....

can you tell me what other coin fits the slot 2022 charles iii obverse?  im only aware of one sovereign with the charles iii obverse and this is the one

Hello, @Thomas78.

We will send directions to the email address we have on file for you, so you can get your coin added. Thank you.

Hi,

I have a question about the certifications, as well as would like a slot.

This is regarding 1 oz Libertad proof coins.

The NGC census shows only 1 detached wing 2006 1 oz.

However, I own three of them myself. One is listed as "pedigree" and the other two are just listed in title.

Pictures and examples below.

Question 1: how can I have all 3 registered into the census and treated the same?

Question 2: can we create a slot and add this to the proof 1 oz variety Libertad registry?

Thansk

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

NGC2901748-001_OBV.jpg

NGC2880522-015_OBV.jpg

NGC2882615-001_OBV.jpg

• Administrator
On 8/12/2023 at 9:41 AM, jkierans said:

Hi,

I have a question about the certifications, as well as would like a slot.

This is regarding 1 oz Libertad proof coins.

The NGC census shows only 1 detached wing 2006 1 oz.

However, I own three of them myself. One is listed as "pedigree" and the other two are just listed in title.

Pictures and examples below.

Question 1: how can I have all 3 registered into the census and treated the same?

Question 2: can we create a slot and add this to the proof 1 oz variety Libertad registry?

Thansk

Hello, @jkierans.

Please email Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com for any census questions or comments. The 2006 detached wing coin may be added to the existing 2006 slot. If/when we have more graded examples of this coin in the future, we can consider a separate slot at that time. Thank you.

On 8/15/2023 at 2:25 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello, @jkierans.

Please email Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com for any census questions or comments. The 2006 detached wing coin may be added to the existing 2006 slot. If/when we have more graded examples of this coin in the future, we can consider a separate slot at that time. Thank you.

Hi Ali,

Thank you. I have reached out to customer service. 
In general, is there a guideline for how many variety specimens must be graded and counted in order to qualify for a spot to be added to the registry?

• Administrator
On 8/17/2023 at 2:30 PM, jkierans said:

Hi Ali,

Thank you. I have reached out to customer service. 
In general, is there a guideline for how many variety specimens must be graded and counted in order to qualify for a spot to be added to the registry?

Hello, @jkierans.

Creation of a new slot and a variety set is carefully considered on a case-by-case basis by our senior numismatic team. NGC population, availability of the coin/label in the marketplace, and other factors are analyzed. Thank you.

Hi Ali,

Thanks for adding the slot of Papal Piastra coins. I'm enoying it.

But there is a problem now. They are listed with the date but actually it requires the Dav. number to tell the different types. For example, No.24, 1675 Holy Year. As you can see, I have 6 coins. They are different from Dav.# 4077 to Dav.#4081 as listed by Krause Catalog. So different Dav.# means different KM#.

So would you please revise to allow the system to tell the different types by Dav.#/KM#? Thanks.

20230828205549.jpg

20230828205522.jpg

20230828205506.jpg

20230828204836.jpg

20230828204805.jpg

20230828204721.jpg

• Administrator
On 8/17/2023 at 1:33 PM, Own Abbas said:

Hi, Can you please add Pakistan 1947 Pattern Coin set in registry? I have a rare MS65 Pattern of Pakistan 1947. I would like to add the coin in a set,

Hello, @Own Abbas.

These pattern Coins are best represented in a Custom NGC Registry set.

Many collectors build sets in unique ways as personal expressions of what they find fascinating about collecting. Custom Sets are ideal for this kind of collector or collection. When you create a Custom Set, you define the set's theme and which coins are eligible. You can either share the set with others or keep it private.

Custom Sets are also eligible for NGC Registry annual awards. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 8/28/2023 at 8:59 AM, coldwinterkevin said:

Hi Ali,

Thanks for adding the slot of Papal Piastra coins. I'm enoying it.

But there is a problem now. They are listed with the date but actually it requires the Dav. number to tell the different types. For example, No.24, 1675 Holy Year. As you can see, I have 6 coins. They are different from Dav.# 4077 to Dav.#4081 as listed by Krause Catalog. So different Dav.# means different KM#.

So would you please revise to allow the system to tell the different types by Dav.#/KM#? Thanks.

We are so glad you are enjoying the new set. :) We are in the process now of adding the Davenport numbers to the slot names. Thank you for your patience.

Hi NGC!

Can the existing registry for Netherlands 1/2 Cents be adjusted?
Specifically, the "1/2 Cent, Bronze, 1901-1940, Complete Circulation Issue" should be modified to also include dates of 1891, 1894, 1898, and 1900 to match up with Wilhelmina, turning into "1/2 Cent, Bronze, 1891-1940, Complete Circulation Issue"

Many thanks!

reference here if needed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-cent_coin_(Netherlands)

Edited by Grove Minting Company

I would like the following coins to be added to the maundy type set and the monarch maundy sets. They are:
1670 England Great Britain PENNY BULL-706 ESC-2274 CHARLES II - MAUNDY

1723 G.britain Great Britain 2P MAUNDY

These are both listed as maundy on the slab as well as in the Bull & Spink books but are not available to add to their respective slots.

• Administrator
On 9/27/2023 at 5:35 PM, Alabamaman1969 said:

I would like the following coins to be added to the maundy type set and the monarch maundy sets. They are:
1670 England Great Britain PENNY BULL-706 ESC-2274 CHARLES II - MAUNDY

1723 G.britain Great Britain 2P MAUNDY

These are both listed as maundy on the slab as well as in the Bull & Spink books but are not available to add to their respective slots.

Hello, @Alabamaman1969.

Please follow the directions below to get your coins added to their respective slots. Thank you.

Hello Ali, hello NGC team,

I would like to request to add the slot for Ducat to Frankfurt am Main, Type Set, 1814-1866, Circulation Issue

I also kindly request to consider adding Proof coins to the set as well. I understand that they are too rare to justify their own set, but I would like to give them a home together with my other Frankfurt coins :) They don't even need to have bonus points....

6632900-003

5886699-012

many thanks

Ali -

I notice that there is a recently-created Great Britain ruler type set for Elizabeth I coins, but it accommodates 6th coinage issues (1582-1600) only. Would it be possible to expand on this set to include all 7 issues? This would allow slots for an unprecedented 11 different denominations of silver coins issued during Elizabeth's reign: 1/2 penny, 3 farthings, penny, 3 half pence, 2 pence, 3 pence, 4 pence, 6 pence, shilling, 1/2 crown and crown.

For this set, I would envision 11 slots, one for each denomination. Each slot could/should be generic in order to allow an eligible coin issued from any time within her reign.

My current Elizabeth coins are: 6062644-001, 6134542-019, 6320378-003, 6944290-001 (6th issue).

Thank you for your consideration.

• Administrator
On 9/30/2023 at 9:25 AM, 59A said:

Ali -

I notice that there is a recently-created Great Britain ruler type set for Elizabeth I coins, but it accommodates 6th coinage issues (1582-1600) only. Would it be possible to expand on this set to include all 7 issues? This would allow slots for an unprecedented 11 different denominations of silver coins issued during Elizabeth's reign: 1/2 penny, 3 farthings, penny, 3 half pence, 2 pence, 3 pence, 4 pence, 6 pence, shilling, 1/2 crown and crown.

For this set, I would envision 11 slots, one for each denomination. Each slot could/should be generic in order to allow an eligible coin issued from any time within her reign.

My current Elizabeth coins are: 6062644-001, 6134542-019, 6320378-003, 6944290-001 (6th issue).

Thank you for your consideration.

Hello, @59A.

We have expanded the existing set to include the seventh issue coins. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 9/28/2023 at 11:23 AM, D.G.C said:

Hello Ali, hello NGC team,

I would like to request to add the slot for Ducat to Frankfurt am Main, Type Set, 1814-1866, Circulation Issue

I also kindly request to consider adding Proof coins to the set as well. I understand that they are too rare to justify their own set, but I would like to give them a home together with my other Frankfurt coins :) They don't even need to have bonus points....

6632900-003

5886699-012

many thanks

Hello, @D.G.C.

Thank you for your interest. The Ducat was issued as a separate trade coin. You may add it to a Custom NGC Registry set, if you wish. We will add your proof coin request to our pending set request list and send you an email when a decision has been reached. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 10/14/2023 at 4:00 PM, Kalina-Coins said:

Hello Ali,

Please add new slot for my new coins:

2108558-109

2119923-011

Best Regards,
Anatoly

Hello, @Kalina-Coins.

Please read below. Thank you.

I would like for this coin to be added to the "Kennedy Proofs, Reverse Proofs, & Specimens" set.  You have both the "FS-103" which there are 41 of and the "FS-802" which there are 23 of, but not the "VP-003" which there are only 11 of these.  Wouldn't it be right to add the rarest of these varieties to this set?

• Administrator
On 10/28/2023 at 2:48 PM, Toms Top Pops said:

I would like for this coin to be added to the "Kennedy Proofs, Reverse Proofs, & Specimens" set.  You have both the "FS-103" which there are 41 of and the "FS-802" which there are 23 of, but not the "VP-003" which there are only 11 of these.  Wouldn't it be right to add the rarest of these varieties to this set?

Hello, @Toms Top Pops.

We have no NGC Registry set type by that name. Are you referring to this set below?

Category: Half Dollars
Set Name: Kennedy Half Dollars, 1964-Date, Proof Issue (Incl. Varieties)

Our senior graders have determined that the VP-003 is too minor of a variety to necessitate to a separate slot in the Kennedy variety set(s.) Thank you.