• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Need a new slot/row added to an existing set? Post here!
17 17

442 posts in this topic

Ali,

I don't know what happened to my text in that last note. Everything got messed up. I'll try that again. 

Penny   (2881282-043)

2 Pence   (2881282-044)

5 Pence   (2881282-045)

10 Pence   (2881282-046)

20 Pence   (2870397-040)

50 Pence   (2881282-021)

£1 Shield Of Royal Arms

(2870397-041)

£2 Technology Achievement

(2870032-024)

Thanks!

• Administrator
On 1/3/2024 at 7:42 PM, micbraun said:

Hi Ali,

I understand, this makes sense, but why are so many modern 25C issues included then?

E.g. ATB, Crossing the Delaware, American woman, etc. all those were not part of the original 7070 Dansco coin album either. 

Thanks for clarifying.

-Mike

Hello, @micbraun.

Each slot addition is considered carefully by our senior numismatic team. It is up to their discretion as to what they think is an appropriate structure for the average collector. Thanks very much.

Please add a new entry for Registry group:

Competitive Sets

Mexico

- Registry Set: Centavo, 1905-1949, Circulation Issue

Coin to add:

- 1928/7Mo 1C

An image of an example is attached for your reference. NGC #2900019-003 MS 64 BN.

The NGC Census now shows 3 coins graded and slabbed (one in MS 65 RB and two in MS 64 BN).  From a rarity perspective, I feel this one is scarcer than all of the other overdates in this set except for the 1942/1 which is still the scarcest.

The last recorded sale of this coin variety was in May 2023 at a Heritage auction, Silver Mesa Collection, where 3 were sold:

#61310, Lot #24054 where a PCGS MS 65 BN sold for $960 with BP. 

#61310, Lot #25056 where a NGC MS 64 BN sold for $456 with BP.

#61310, Lot #25057 where a PCGS MS 64 BN sold for $720 with BP.

Thanks for your time and attention to add this variety to the Registry.

Regards, Scott

IMG_9418 slab.jpg

I requested a slot added to the Morgan Dollar, 1878-1921, Top 100 Vam's for a 1888 O VAM 1A3 #6346672-003. The slot was added in row 92, which is after the 1889 O. I was hoping this could be moved slot 82 after 1888 O VAM1A.

Thanks! Eric

The coin 2023 King Charles II, 5 OZ - British Monarchs is not acknowledged by the Registry and denies to be added to the competitive set of Silver Ten Pounds, Commemorative, Charles II, 5 oz, 2023-Date Proof  

I see that no one was able to add it as well.

Please have a look into that.

My Coin: NGC # 6802237-007
Description: 2023 G.britain Great Britain S10PND King Charles II First Releases

I created a custom set for Confederate issued coins. This consists primarily of Bashlow restrikes of coins planned for mintage by the CSA but struck from Confederate dies recovered after the Civil War. In addition to those restrikes, the New Orleans Mint produced the only coin to be minted under three governments - the United States, the Republic of Louisiana and the Confederate States of America - which was the New Orleans minted 1861 Seated Liberty half dollar. I have this coin, which was recovered from the wreckage of the SS Republic and then graded by NGC as "Shipwreck Effect (A) AU" and states that the coin was "Confederate States Issue". I would like to add this coin to my custom set, but it requires a new slot/row that recognizes this coin. I would also be very interested to read any discussion by NGC on how it is able to determine the issue by either the U.S., the Republic of Louisiana or the CSA, which was a span of only three months - February to April 1961.

@Pelicanpusher--For custom sets, you create your own slots.  Open your custom set while logged in, click the "Edit Set" tab, then click the "Add From Inventory" button if your 1861-O half dollar has already been entered into your inventory (a.k.a. "My Competitive Coins") through the "Add Coin" function; or click the "Add New" button if it hasn't. You can place the slot for this coin anywhere you want it by changing the numbers in the "Slot Order" column. You can name the slot as you wish if the item description in the system isn't sufficient.

How the issuing authority (U.S., Louisiana, or C.S.A.) of specific varieties of 1861-O Liberty Seated half dollars has been "determined" and whether it is correct or even knowable would be an interesting topic for the "U.S., World, and Ancient Coins" forum.  As I understand it, the varieties were assigned issuers by Messrs. Wiley and Bugert, the authors of The Complete Guide to Liberty Seated Half Dollars. Their methodology is unclear. The only variety whose issuer (the Confederacy) I think would be safe to assume would be the WB-102 or FS-407 variety, whose obverse die, showing a die crack from the bridge of Liberty's nose to the denticles, was also used for the four known original 1861 half dollars with the Confederate reverse. See Seated Liberty Half Dollars (1839-1891) | VarietyPlus® | NGC (ngccoin.com).  

I tried doing as you suggested, and I get the message, "The competitive NGC Registry doesn't accept this coin yet." Any recommendations for this? The coin has been graded by NGC, and it is registered as one of my "Competitive Coins".

On 2/4/2022 at 8:51 AM, Ali E. said:

Need a row (slot) added to an existing set? Post here!

If an NGC Admin "likes"  <3  your post, it means we received your request! Thank you.

:takeit:

Need A slot opend for the new 2024 Canadian $15 1oz  Lunar Dragon

2024 CANADA S$15 YEAR OF THE DRAGON FIRST DAY OF ISSUE

Screenshot_20240110_092436_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Dagus2000

On 1/10/2024 at 12:31 AM, Pelicanpusher said:

I tried doing as you suggested, and I get the message, "The competitive NGC Registry doesn't accept this coin yet." Any recommendations for this? The coin has been graded by NGC, and it is registered as one of my "Competitive Coins".

This message comes up if you try to add a coin to a set through the "My Competitive Coins" page (green "+" sign at the right side of the slot), which only adds coins to competitive sets. If that is what you did, you need to open your custom set through NGC Registry | Custom Sets (collectors-society.com) and use the blue "Edit Set" tab at the top of the page and then the blue "Add from Inventory" tab at above the custom set's coin listing and select and add the appropriate coin from the list that should appear. If you already did this and got that message, then @Ali E., the Administrator, will have to address this issue.

On 1/10/2024 at 2:39 PM, Sandon said:

This message comes up if you try to add a coin to a set through the "My Competitive Coins" page (green "+" sign at the right side of the slot), which only adds coins to competitive sets. If that is what you did, you need to open your custom set through NGC Registry | Custom Sets (collectors-society.com) and use the blue "Edit Set" tab at the top of the page and then the blue "Add from Inventory" tab at above the custom set's coin listing and select and add the appropriate coin from the list that should appear. If you already did this and got that message, then @Ali E., the Administrator, will have to address this issue.

My error! I referred to the set as a Custom Set, but it is a competitive set. Apologies. I went through the process again for a competitive set but still get the flag that "..... this coin is not accepted yet". Do I need to address this issue with the Administrator? BTW, thanks for your guidance!

On 1/10/2024 at 5:39 PM, Pelicanpusher said:

I referred to the set as a Custom Set, but it is a competitive set.

Presumably, NGC can't include a salvaged coin graded "Shipwreck Effect" in a competitive set because it couldn't be scored under the standard adjectival/numerical "Sheldon scale" system used in the competitive registry.   Additionally, the competitive set category in which you placed your other pieces is specifically for Bashlow restrikes, not for items otherwise relating to Confederate "coinage", and a slot for an 1861-O Liberty Seated half dollar would not be relevant to that set.  (Congratulations, by the way, on being best in that category.)

I recommend that you create a custom set in which you may include your half dollar, as well as your Bashlow restrikes and presumably any other NGC graded (and PCGS graded U.S.) items that you find pertinent. 

The Administrator monitors this topic and will reply if she has additional comments.

• Administrator
On 1/10/2024 at 9:28 AM, Dagus2000 said:

Need A slot opend for the new 2024 Canadian $15 1oz  Lunar Dragon

2024 CANADA S$15 YEAR OF THE DRAGON FIRST DAY OF ISSUE

Hello, @Dagus2000.

Thanks for your interest. We have this new set planned:

Category: Canada - Lunar
Set Name: Silver $15, Series Three, 2023-2034, Proof

We will release this set when there are three issues to start the set. Right now we have two issues. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 1/10/2024 at 11:16 PM, Dagus2000 said:

Hi

Can you please add a slot for the following $20 Coin?

Set is:

Silver Maple Leafs, 1988-Date, Complete, Including Varieties

Hello, @Dagus2000.

This set is for coins that are Bullion (and coins that fall under the "bullion" category in the NGC census.) This coin is considered a commemorative coin, not bullion. It is therefore eligible in the Canada-Commemorative section of the NGC Registry. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 1/10/2024 at 5:39 PM, Pelicanpusher said:

My error! I referred to the set as a Custom Set, but it is a competitive set. Apologies. I went through the process again for a competitive set but still get the flag that "..... this coin is not accepted yet". Do I need to address this issue with the Administrator? BTW, thanks for your guidance!

Hello, @Pelicanpusher.

The message you received: "This coin is not accepted yet..." also states that your coin is in an administrative queue for review and you will be contacted by an administrator. The coins in this administrative log are all processed in the order they were received.

If you don't hear from someone from our team in a few days, please email your certification number to registry@NGCcoin.com and tell them your issue. Thanks very much.

• Administrator
On 1/8/2024 at 10:26 AM, dovado said:

The coin 2023 King Charles II, 5 OZ - British Monarchs is not acknowledged by the Registry and denies to be added to the competitive set of Silver Ten Pounds, Commemorative, Charles II, 5 oz, 2023-Date Proof  

I see that no one was able to add it as well.

Please have a look into that.

My Coin: NGC # 6802237-007
Description: 2023 G.britain Great Britain S10PND King Charles II First Releases

Hello, @dovado.

Please follow the directions below. Thanks very much.

• Administrator
On 1/8/2024 at 8:32 AM, POLDAN said:

Please add 1962 New Zealand No Horizon Shilling ( 1S) to the QE II set.

Hello, @POLDAN.

Please provide the exact NGC Registry set name in question and your NGC certification number, so we may assist. Thank you.

On 1/5/2024 at 4:48 PM, SD_MexCoins said:

Please add a new entry for Registry group:

Competitive Sets

Mexico

- Registry Set: Centavo, 1905-1949, Circulation Issue

Coin to add:

- 1928/7Mo 1C

An image of an example is attached for your reference. NGC #2900019-003 MS 64 BN.

The NGC Census now shows 3 coins graded and slabbed (one in MS 65 RB and two in MS 64 BN).  From a rarity perspective, I feel this one is scarcer than all of the other overdates in this set except for the 1942/1 which is still the scarcest.

The last recorded sale of this coin variety was in May 2023 at a Heritage auction, Silver Mesa Collection, where 3 were sold:

#61310, Lot #24054 where a PCGS MS 65 BN sold for $960 with BP. 

#61310, Lot #25056 where a NGC MS 64 BN sold for $456 with BP.

#61310, Lot #25057 where a PCGS MS 64 BN sold for $720 with BP.

Thanks for your time and attention to add this variety to the Registry.

Regards, Scott

IMG_9418 slab.jpg

Please let me know if you require any additional information to help with my Registry slot request.  Regards.

On 1/10/2024 at 7:16 PM, Sandon said:

Presumably, NGC can't include a salvaged coin graded "Shipwreck Effect" in a competitive set because it couldn't be scored under the standard adjectival/numerical "Sheldon scale" system used in the competitive registry.   Additionally, the competitive set category in which you placed your other pieces is specifically for Bashlow restrikes, not for items otherwise relating to Confederate "coinage", and a slot for an 1861-O Liberty Seated half dollar would not be relevant to that set.  (Congratulations, by the way, on being best in that category.)

I recommend that you create a custom set in which you may include your half dollar, as well as your Bashlow restrikes and presumably any other NGC graded (and PCGS graded U.S.) items that you find pertinent. 

The Administrator monitors this topic and will reply if she has additional comments.

Good suggestion. Thanks. Will look at setting this up as a custom set.

Please add an eligible coin to the following slot:

Basic Seated Liberty Type Set, 1837-1891, Circulation Issue

seated liberty dime (1837-1891)

“1868 10C MS”

there are many other seated liberty dimes missing from this slot 

Hello  

I would like a new slot  for the  Gold 10 kronor 1873-1901 Circulation Issue

For the 1883 Small LA  large cross    

NGC Cert #  6642671-001

Regards  Jan

• Administrator
On 1/11/2024 at 4:20 PM, SD_MexCoins said:

Please let me know if you require any additional information to help with my Registry slot request.  Regards.

Hello, @SD_MexCoins.

We have added the slot. Thank you for your patience.

• Administrator
On 1/17/2024 at 12:23 AM, patriot79 said:

Please add an eligible coin to the following slot:

Basic Seated Liberty Type Set, 1837-1891, Circulation Issue

seated liberty dime (1837-1891)

“1868 10C MS”

there are many other seated liberty dimes missing from this slot 

Hello, @patriot79.

Please follow these directions to add your coin:

https://boards.ngccoin.com/topic/424305-how-do-i-add-my-coin-when-the-plus-sign-wont-work-or-there-is-no-score-shown/.

Thank you.

• Administrator
On 1/15/2024 at 11:20 AM, All NGC MS70 said:

When will the 2024 American Silver Eagles slots be created for entries?

Thanks!

Hello, @All NGC MS70.

Please list the exact NGC Registry set name where a slot is missing. We are happy to add it. Thanks for your help. :-)

• Administrator
On 1/20/2024 at 12:57 PM, HobbyCollector said:

Suggest to add QEII 1953 1/2 Crown "I of DEI to Space" to Great Britain - 1953 Proof Set 

Hello, @HobbyCollector.

Please follow these directions to add your coin:

https://boards.ngccoin.com/topic/424305-how-do-i-add-my-coin-when-the-plus-sign-wont-work-or-there-is-no-score-shown/.

Thank you.

Hello,

For the set Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Mint State, Specimen, & Proof (Including Varieties & Special Pedigrees)

Could you please add a slot for "2007 Eagle S$1 Early Production Struck in 2006" MS?