• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
5 5

2,499 posts in this topic

Thanks njf.

Beautiful coins. Why didn't they grade the first time? That was pretty gutsy submitting them again. I probably would have tried a different grading service, if anything.

I believed the coins were original and 100% faith in the seller. So went in for round two, which worked out.

:)

Well, if they were AT on one try, and NT on another try, seems to me that would make them 50-50, or ANT.

I have had this raw 1909 VDB Lincoln cent for about 7 months. I just sent it into NGC today with some other Lincoln cents too have it graded. Sharp details on both the obverse and the reverse. It does have a lot of carbon spots but I still like the overall look. I will make a future post and let you know what it grades.

152535.jpg.2d079d40459b036ef7e377286bbaff41.jpg

152536.jpg.701bd99327f8def72059b3ff60467e28.jpg

Not a US coin, but one of the prettier blue coppers in my collection. It's a Notgeld (emergency war money) piece from Germany, 1923. Thought some of you copper guys might appreciate it.

1923_Notgeld_Peine_PCGS_MS66BN_composite_zpsx6lu63iu.jpg

This is my VDB but the photo sucks

It sure does poking-with-stick-smiley-emoticon.giflol, just needling you Wheat, that's a very nice VDB. I have two or three MS66 VDB's but this is the only one I've had imaged so far.

1909-VDB-Comp.jpg