• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
4 4

2,488 posts in this topic

I love those JP!! :applause:
they are wicked nice :)

Thanks Johnny. One thing I thought was very cool was the appearance of smoke from the chimney on the Gloucestershire DH-8 Penny. It's actually a rub on the holder! Kind of a nice effect.

Thanks. Means a lot coming from someone that shoots the caliber you do. The 200mm macro is definitely much better at this than the 300mm telephoto I was using before

I love those JP!! :applause:
they are wicked nice :)

Thanks Johnny. One thing I thought was very cool was the appearance of smoke from the chimney on the Gloucestershire DH-8 Penny. It's actually a rub on the holder! Kind of a nice effect.

agreed

Got my new glass and pretty happy with the results. Click for full resolution. Need to work on the focus a bit, but all in all, I'm happy

27lAyKUl.jpg

Now you need to post a pic of that 09 vdb

You mean he has another special coin??...........and he hasn't posted it?? :o

Got my new glass and pretty happy with the results. Click for full resolution. Need to work on the focus a bit, but all in all, I'm happy

27lAyKUl.jpg

Yep, have plans to. Just need to get it out of the safe deposit box

27lAyKUl.jpg

tHC6t0ym.jpg

27lAyKUl.jpg

tHC6t0ym.jpg

That's the one Bob

Good luck prying it away though

Edited by copper toning

27lAyKUl.jpg

tHC6t0ym.jpg

That's the one Bob

Good luck prying it away though

I'm sure I'll need more than luck. That looks like a real monster!! (worship)

I'd be more than happy with his or YOURS

Both are awesome, but I actually prefer the rainbow toning of the other. I haven't looked through this entire thread, but does anyone have any monster-toned Indian head cents? I've seen very few of those with cool color.

I'm getting ready to change directions from Proofs (36-64) to Copper.....any advice? I'm selling my proof sets and reinvesting. Copper is just too interesting and varied to stay away from!!!

Bud

I'm getting ready to change directions from Proofs (36-64) to Copper.....any advice? I'm selling my proof sets and reinvesting. Copper is just too interesting and varied to stay away from!!!

Bud

I think you now see why I started this thread. Collect what you like just like any other coin. But as you see pretty copper is nice

Bud

Take your time, look at as many pieces as you possibly can, and learn as much as possible before you spend $'s.

Bud

Take your time, look at as many pieces as you possibly can, and learn as much as possible before you spend $'s.

+1

Go slow as with any interest you will get more out of it