• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
4 4

2,486 posts in this topic

Loving these 1909's. Nothing against those beautiful RD examples, but I'm in love with njf's gorgeous 1909.

Probably my favorite 1909 dated RD Lincoln is Pete Miller's S-VDB.

1909sVDB.jpg

I know what condors are but have never thought about why the were necessary. For U.S. hard times tokens were brought about because of the recession of the 1830's - 1840's. Was it the same for the condors of more so for advertising and steering of business towards certain vendors?

I need some information or help from you guys, I just got a hold of a 1983 D penny (USA)copper planchet I believe

I was reading up on it , it could be possible a copper alloy coin Coming from Denver mint.

I'm sure you are familiar with the one that only has been found. I had my coin Weighed at the jewelry store ,,it does way 2.8g

Now I know that the coin is supposed to weigh 3.1g

The Ken Potter book strike it rich with pocket change ,,is the book I got this information from

The Corning is a little worn out not bad but could that have lost the weight could this be the real thing? I need some opinions thank you

1 other thing if u drop this coin on a table it does not have No like high pitch ding

It's like dull sound with No ding in it

That's another reason y I think it might be real

IF SO $15,000 or higher coin

Edited by Error coin colctr

These three didn't grade first time in.

Img23481A.jpg

Img23479A.jpg

Img23483A.jpg

All three graded second time in.

36DLincoln.jpg

65RB

37DLincoln.jpg

66RD

46DLincoln.jpg

65RB

Beautiful coins. Why didn't they grade the first time? That was pretty gutsy submitting them again. I probably would have tried a different grading service, if anything.

Thanks njf.

Beautiful coins. Why didn't they grade the first time? That was pretty gutsy submitting them again. I probably would have tried a different grading service, if anything.

I believed the coins were original and 100% faith in the seller. So went in for round two, which worked out.

:)