• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10,000th POST GIVEAWAY CONTEST - WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

236 posts in this topic

Okay, I wish to reword option three to the following prompt.

Chris, being the excellent, wise collector that you are, ANACS has recently decided to hire you, and you are assigned to be the sole grader/reviewer of the coin that is the subject of this contest. Unfortunately, the printing staff is out of the office and the client really wants the coin now (you are doing a walk-through at a show, etc.); thus, YOU write the label for this coin. Exactly what will the label read? .

This question is akin to asking how you would describe the coin, and doesn't call for an assumption of someone else's view of the coin, which seemed to be your objection to the way the question was initially proposed.

Also, the only variable here is the label (i.e. it is the dependent variable).

If this is unsuccessful, everyone choose either date or denomination from the poll. I'll adhere to that. I won't bog you all down with any more modifications.

I just got back from my eye appointment and Dr. Simms had to put some medication in both eyes which makes my vision totally blurry. I had to call a cab to get back to work because I couldn't see to drive. Unfortunately, I forgot my glasses in my car, and I am not going to pay an extra cab fare to retrieve them. I'll have blurry vision for the next 6-8 hours, so I had no alternative except to turn the walk-thru over to my boss. He was ticked off because he doesn't know how to grade. As a result, I got fired on my first day and I don't have the slightest idea about the results of the walk-thru. So, how is this for a hypothetical answer to your hypothetical question which asked for multiple variables?

Chris

Chris, being the excellent, wise collector that you are, ANACS has recently decided to hire you, and you are assigned to be the sole grader/reviewer of the coin that is the subject of this contest. Unfortunately, the printing staff is out of the office and the client really wants the coin now (you are doing a walk-through at a show, etc.); thus, YOU write the label for this coin. Exactly what will the label read? .

This question is akin to asking how you would describe the coin, and doesn't call for an assumption of someone else's view of the coin, which seemed to be your objection to the way the question was initially proposed.

If this is unsuccessful, everyone choose either date or denomination from the poll. I'll adhere to that. I won't bog you all down with any more modifications.

I just got back from my eye appointment and Dr. Simms had to put some medication in both eyes which makes my vision totally blurry. I had to call a cab to get back to work because I couldn't see to drive. Unfortunately, I forgot my glasses in my car, and I am not going to pay an extra cab fare to retrieve them. I'll have blurry vision for the next 6-8 hours, so I had no alternative except to turn the walk-thru over to my boss. He was ticked off because he doesn't know how to grade. As a result, I got fired on my first day and I don't have the slightest idea about the results of the walk-thru. So, how is this for a hypothetical answer to your hypothetical question which asked for multiple variables?

Chris

I told you that I didn't see you post about multiple variables until after I made the initial post. I edited it to try to distinguish the question from the previous posts.

Any way, your response is hilarious :grin: I hope that I didn't anger you though.

I got this PM from coinman, and I would like to share it and my response with everyone.

Chris

Originally Posted By: coinman_23885

I didn't see it before I posted the other thing. I think that the reworded version doesn't require an assumption of the coin itself, and should pass muster on that ground. If you won't answer that, I wish to use whatever the poll results are, allowing the two who chose option three to chose between the date and denomination.

Thanks, and I'm not trying to be a pain.

The funny part of it is that my original draft of the rules covered some of these things and more, but I felt that it would be viewed as a turn-off to some and they wouldn't want to play. That's what I get for trying to give you guys the benefit of the doubt.

Chris

Chris

I told you that I didn't see you post about multiple variables until after I made the initial post. I edited it to try to distinguish the question from the previous posts.

Any way, your response is hilarious :grin: I hope that I didn't anger you though.

Not in the least. I hope you didn't get mad because I posted your PM for the others to read.

Chris

lol - two of you have already made the same guess that I did like 30 posts back. That's like those guys on price is right that say, "$1, Bob."

Mine isn't a CC.

It's a 1882-s Morgan dollar that has die chips between the loops of both 8's to the left and right, doubling on the left side of the upper loop of the second 8, and the "S" mintmark is tilted far to the left. The coin is likely uncirculated.

I have search 32 pages of cpm9ball post (in a single category!) :cry: and could'nt come up with a reasonable guess.. Still looking though.....Looking like a morgan

Thanks for the contest Chris

OP

1882-CC VAM-2c MS62-MS63ish

During heavy die clashing, dies rotated producing double clash lines at top of left wreath from Liberty head chin & double clash lines at top left of rt wreath from back of cap where break is..........

Official guess: is it a 2006-P Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle

PS- I love this contest, it's like a transcript of an Abbott and Costello routine! :roflmao:

Is the silver coin certified?

OP

The answer to the fourth question: No!

Did a 5th and final question get asked yet? I think we have one more to ask.

We're taking a poll Year or Denomination?

Is the silver coin certified?

OP

The answer to the fourth question: No!

Did a 5th and final question get asked yet? I think we have one more to ask.

I believe that question was already answered, so I do not believe it counts as a question.