• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10,000th POST GIVEAWAY CONTEST - WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

236 posts in this topic

Official guess: is it a 2006-P Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle

PS- I love this contest, it's like a transcript of an Abbott and Costello routine! :roflmao:

More like the Little Rascals!

Chris

1899-O morgan that has a die crack on the reverse that runs around the entire coin just above the lettering and through the wing tips.

Tejas, this was my third guess. I'm not intentionally copying your answer; I'm basing this on a bit of research that I conducted.

Is he supposed to tell us if we are wrong? Or just if we got it right?

Ok, second guess:

Beautifully toned 1896 Morgan dollar graded MS-65 by NGC!

Now I need another vodka & tonic!

He said that it is not slabbed.

Well Hell's Bell's! I guess I need another cocktail!

And as for my last guess, ignore the part about the slab! lol

Is he supposed to tell us if we are wrong? Or just if we got it right?

Neither!

5) The closing date for submitting guesses will be Midnight (Eastern Time), January 3, 2011, and the winner will be announced at Noon (Eastern Time) on my 6th anniversary, January 4, 2011.

Did we ever get a 5th (and final question?) Not sure if I missed something (shrug)

Nope!

Question 5: What is the date of the coin?

This is the answer choice that was selected by those on the board in accordance with the poll and subsequent limitations placed on the original question for failing to comport with contest requirements.

Just a curiosity (and I don't want to count this as a question), do you have any registry sets?

Edited to add: Since you have already said that the coin is not certified, it wouldn't be dispositive of this contest.

Did we ever get a 5th (and final question?) Not sure if I missed something (shrug)

Nope!

Question 5: What is the date of the coin?

This is the answer choice that was selected by those on the board in accordance with the poll and subsequent limitations placed on the original question for failing to comport with contest requirements.

The answer to the 5th and FINAL QUESTION: 1882

Geez, it took you guys long enough. Did coinman keep you up all night with PM's? Me? I had a good night's sleep!

Chris

Just a curiosity (and I don't want to count this as a question), do you have any registry sets?

Edited to add: Since you have already said that the coin is not certified, it wouldn't be dispositive of this contest.

It can't count as a question, anyway, because you have already used all five.

No, I don't have any Registry Sets. If you want to ask me why, it won't violate the rules of the contest because it would have nothing to do with it.

Chris