• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10,000th POST GIVEAWAY CONTEST - WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

236 posts in this topic

That's an awesome picture Chris!

Gary Bendler, the artist, gave this print to my Mom when they met one night at our pool league. I was under the mistaken impression that the subject was Chief Joseph, but I subsequently received an e-mail from Gary advising me that it is Chief Many Coats.

Chris

"Chief Many Coats", and yet he's shirtless...interesting! hm

He just got out of the shower, Tubby!

Chris

Ok another guess, how about an 1882 (some mintmark or no mintmark or some mintmark over another mintmark) BU Morgan dollar VAM something or other...

...something, something, something dark side...something, something, something complete...

Why don't you ask Leroy if he's ever written a description like that?

Chris

Crapo! This thing is still going on?!? How about a half roll of beat up 1882 morgans with any trace of mintmark worn off?

Just a curiosity (and I don't want to count this as a question), do you have any registry sets?

Edited to add: Since you have already said that the coin is not certified, it wouldn't be dispositive of this contest.

It can't count as a question, anyway, because you have already used all five.

No, I don't have any Registry Sets. If you want to ask me why, it won't violate the rules of the contest because it would have nothing to do with it.

Chris

Why?

No, I don't have any Registry Sets. If you want to ask me why, it won't violate the rules of the contest because it would have nothing to do with it.

Chris

Why?

I don't participate in the Registry because the completed sets I have are uncertified. I am working on a certified set of 2000-2008 Sacagawea Business Strikes in MS68, but I might not even enter those because I am such a lousy photographer.

Chris

There was only one person who picked up on this clue from a thread I started about some Morgan purchases I made at a local coin club show.

'82-CC NGC MS63

Now, I would imagine that someone is going to call me crazy because I recently bought a 19-coin roll of '82-CC. Why in the heck does he need another one? Four of those were sent to Leroy Van Allen for attribution, and they came back as VAM-3B.

[font:Comic Sans MS] CONGRATULATIONS, Bobby, bsshog40! [/font]

Please send me a PM with your address so I can send it to you.

Chris

By the way, it is a moot point, but the correct answer to the tiebreaker is $21,474,836.47. Only one person missed it because he forgot to add all of the daily payments together.

CPM

Is the silver coin certified?

OP

The answer to the fourth question: No!
Congrats Bobby.... but Chris, you do realize that you answered this question to the contrary of the winning guess?

By the way, it is a moot point, but the correct answer to the tiebreaker is $21,474,836.47. Only one person missed it because he forgot to add all of the daily payments together.

CPM

I told myself that I wouldn't forget to add them up, and I forgot anyway. lol

Congratulations Bobby for winning and the great reconnaissance work; last, but not least, thanks Chris for the fun competition.

Is the silver coin certified?

OP

The answer to the fourth question: No!
Congrats Bobby.... but Chris, you do realize that you answered this question to the contrary of the winning guess?

No, I didn't. I have four of the 1882-CC VAM-3B that are raw. They came from the 19-coin roll that I mentioned. The certified one in the photo of that thread is not the one I was giving away. Read the caption again!

Chris

:o Awesome! Thank you (worship) Chris for the fun and congrats again hittin the big 10,000 posts. They were an ordeal to have to read all over again. lol

Can't wait to see it!! :banana:

Congratulations Bobby !

And thanks Chris for a fun contest.

(thumbs u

Congratulations Bobby !

And thanks Chris for a fun contest.

^^