• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10,000th POST GIVEAWAY CONTEST - WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

236 posts in this topic

WJ, I actually own a lot of Philipine coins that were minted by the US. Started picking them up when I visited there when I was in the navy. I just love the stuff and it can be had for very reasonable prices. I have a McArthur commem 50 center in BU, would love an original set of them though!

1882-CC VAM-2c

During heavy die clashing, dies rotated producing double clash lines at top of left wreath from Liberty head chin & double clash lines at top left of rt wreath from back of cap where break is..........

2nd guess:

1882-S morgan dollar that has die chips between the loops of both 8's to the left and right; there is doubling on the left side of the upper loop of the second 8, and the "S" mintmark is tilted far left.

WJ, I actually own a lot of Philipine coins that were minted by the US. Started picking them up when I visited there when I was in the navy. I just love the stuff and it can be had for very reasonable prices. I have a McArthur commem 50 center in BU, would love an original set of them though!

A few years ago I bought a BU set with the peso and 50-centavo in the original envelope. Very pretty coins, and although it was a premium then, what I paid was less than melt today!

107608.jpg.cb24a2420d687ebbf213f2e0d8a47bd2.jpg

107609.jpg.da09b59fe2e0ce16cd51aab1d1c47346.jpg

107610.jpg.31a5bdf44fdcd487cd35b142f759ceb2.jpg

A few years ago I bought a BU set with the peso and 50-centavo in the original envelope. Very pretty coins, and although it was a premium then, what I paid was less than melt today!

I have an affinity for any foreign silver that was struck the year I was born.

Jeff, it looks like some of those staples might be rusting, and they're awfully close to the cellophane (?) windows. I'd remove the coins.

Chris

I can't think of anything else! hm

[font:Comic Sans MS] Your attention, please! [/font]

This game is really very easy. I've already told everyone that you will improve your chances of winning by posting as many guesses as possible. Hang in there and don't get discouraged!

Chris

1882 dime

My head hurts,

today is football,

My wife is on me,

I have a life!

Well maybe the last one is stretching it a bit.

What are you trying to say, Woody?

Chris