• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,900 posts in this topic

@jerseycat10

I don't know much about toned Peace dollars but it looks like it has a shot at grading NT to me - good luck :-)

Thanks, I am just hoping it has as much color in hand as it does in the pic, otherwise, she's going back.

Here are a few coins I just received from Mumu. Grades are- #1- '47 PCGS MS65,#2- '47-S PCGS MS65, #3- '48 PCGS MS66, #4- '55-D PCGS MS65, #5- '58 PCGS MS65, #6- '58 NGC MS66, #7- '58 NGC MS66.

WashingtonFullCoin_zps75a9546c.png

Nice looking Peace Dollar, Bustie, and an attractive set of Washies DeereFan. (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

Upgrade 1828 to PCGS MS66 today. Has population 2-0.

Lucky find from back of the room inventory that had just crossed.

1828O115MS66PCGSEliasbergobv_zpsb6e30b62.jpg

1828O115MS66PCGSEliasbergrev_zpse8496564.jpg

..... amazing...... and to think this half dollar would buy you an acre of land in Texas at the time. I believe there was a hundred acre minimum, however..... and the requirement that the land must be worked and not just reparceled. One drawback was the hostile indians, desperados, and no real law enforcement to turn to. I read a really good period book called " Not Between Brothers" by David Marion Wilkinson that really painted a sharp picture of the 1800 to 1860 timeframe...... it's easy to take what we call America today for granted. That book was a real eye opener for me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

A new medal. I found the design to be quite lovely.

This medal is a restrike of the medal given to all members of the armed forces who served in World War II. It was designed by Mr. Thomas H. Jones, whose initials can be seen on the obverse at the right base of the female figure.

The female figure, Liberation, is shown facing left as though looking to the dawn of a new day, her right foot resting on a Roman war god’s helmet. In her right hand is a broken sword with the blade that was broken off in her left hand, symbolizing defeat of the Axis powers. Visible behind the war helmet is a rising sun with rays.

2000_WorldWar2_Medal_Bronze_Victory_NGC_MS67_composite_zpsf2189e64.jpg

This medal is a restrike of the medal given to all members of the armed forces who served in World War II. It was designed by Mr. Thomas H. Jones, whose initials can be seen on the obverse at the right base of the female figure.

The female figure, Liberation, is shown facing left as though looking to the dawn of a new day, her right foot resting on a Roman war god’s helmet. In her right hand is a broken sword with the blade that was broken off in her left hand, symbolizing defeat of the Axis powers. Visible behind the war helmet is a rising sun with rays.

very cool medal and the design is neat

i love the image, spectacular!

Beautiful Medal. Please excuse me for this off topic comment. Very sad that the various past Administrations and Congresses do not understand, honor and further the values ennobled in this Medal.

Carl