• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,893 posts in this topic

Even though that's been cleaned and is now retoned I find it quite attractive.

I assume you mean dipped....I agree.

jom

Speaking of reverse colors. Nice one JCat.

BTW, I saw the post of your other PD ATS in the "wow" thread (or whatever it was). That's just an amazing PD...and I'm not a huge fan of PDs.

jom

Speaking of reverse colors. Nice one JCat.

BTW, I saw the post of your other PD ATS in the "wow" thread (or whatever it was). That's just an amazing PD...and I'm not a huge fan of PDs.

jom

Thanks!

I plan on sending that one and two others off for designation review, and try to get a STAR or two.

jom

Based solely on the pictures I would have guessed an old cleaning. You have the coin in hand so I'll default to your description. I think it now has excellent eye appeal.

this Libertad is BEAUTIFUL

missed it by a few minutes

great buy!

Thanks Johnny! I jumped on these coins as soon as I saw the listing in the MMP. This is my first Libertad and after I looked it over for a while, I'm really starting to like the design! I may have to start looking for more of them!

this Libertad is BEAUTIFUL

missed it by a few minutes

great buy!

Thanks Johnny! I jumped on these coins as soon as I saw the listing in the MMP. This is my first Libertad and after I looked it over for a while, I'm really starting to like the design! I may have to start looking for more of them!

of all the bullion rounds designs from different countries, the libertad is definitely one of my favourites. i love it!

jom

Based solely on the pictures I would have guessed an old cleaning. You have the coin in hand so I'll default to your description. I think it now has excellent eye appeal.

On the cleaning issue I actually took the "CAC" sticker to mean there wasn't any kind of surface issue with the coin. At least not anything severe. I've sent a good number of coins through CAC and Albanese is pretty picky on surfaces so I had a bit more confidence with it since I couldn't view it before hand. It's definitely been dipped but it's got a proof-like look to it...a shiny look to it. It's certainly different that a similarly graded CBQ I got recently with the same kind of secondary toning...that one is more typical of a VF worn coin.

jom

In hand, the spots are much less conspicuous and the fields are mirror like. The devices do exhibit a cameo contrast in hand on the obverse especially. Even though it is a low grade uncirculated piece, I'm very excited about it. The total PL population for the entire series is a mere 6 pieces. There are no DPL pieces certified.

01_obv_SC_zps10b2dd9b.jpg

01_rev_SC_zpsd47e2a89.jpg

01_obv_slab_SC_zps075401a1.jpg

WOW Kenny. I suddenly find myself very jealous. Great coin! Remind me, where did you buy this one from? I think I recall seeing it previously, but can't remember. Send me a PM if you like :)

WOW Kenny. I suddenly find myself very jealous. Great coin! Remind me, where did you buy this one from? I think I recall seeing it previously, but can't remember. Send me a PM if you like :)

You have seen this coin previously, or at least, the original seller's photographs on eBay (from "thehistorydepot"). We spoke briefly about it after I purchased it. The purchase isn't brand new per se, but it is newish (I have never posted this here before). I finally got around to having it professionally photographed. (The images are courtesy of Shane).

You have seen this coin previously, or at least, the original seller's photographs on eBay (from "thehistorydepot"). We spoke briefly about it after I purchased it. The purchase isn't brand new per se, but it is newish (I have never posted this here before). I finally got around to having it professionally photographed. (The images are courtesy of Shane).

Yeah, that's what I thought. Great pics by Shane. I remember thinking the coin had good potential from the sellers photos (and I'm pretty sure I made an offer on it that was not accepted) - but Shane's new pics are making me regret not buying it.

Wow....great 1/2 Cent! I'm not big into copper and I think it's a great one. Nice luster...

jom