• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

By change, I meant from banks, etc. used to be you could go to a bank, not even 10 years ago, and get Ikes, Susie B's, etc.

You still can,all that junk just sits at the bank.They're more than happy to get rid of it.

My bank is a dumping ground for older dollars too, except that we only have those pesky Seated dollars available. Ughhh. frustrated.gif

Spider, I must say I'm surprised by this one. You branched out into natural looking coins. That one is a real stunner! thumbsup2.gif When are you planning on dipping it? tongue.gif

Spider, I must say I'm surprised by this one. You branched out into natural looking coins. That one is a real stunner! thumbsup2.gif When are you planning on dipping it? tongue.gif

That depends on who you ask.

Same as I don’t like purple hair, body piercing, color coded wiper blades, loud 5000 watt stereos in cars that shake your windows, $2500.00 set of wheels and tires on a $800.00 car, compulsive game boy playing, rude people, smart azz people, etc, etc. But I don’t attempt to impose my beliefs and taste on others.

Edited to add: I honestly started to not post this. And if you look back through the treads you will see that I have posted some colorful coins.

Hey,white morgans can be original...pretty darn ugly but still original... wink.gif

Hayden, That seems to be the normal way for the younger generation to think. And that is one of the reasons we are starting to see so many people doctor coins to mimic toning. While I agree that some colorful coins are extremely attractive I also enjoy a fresh from the mint look so as to be able to see the detail more. That doesn’t mean I will dip my coins to brighten them. I have never done that. And if I did I certainly wouldn’t parade it around to show it off.

Just my opinion!

Hey,white morgans can be original...pretty darn ugly but still original... wink.gif

Hayden, That seems to be the normal way for the younger generation to think. And that is one of the reasons we are starting to see so many people doctor coins to mimic toning. While I agree that some colorful coins are extremely attractive I also enjoy a fresh from the mint look so as to be able to see the detail more. That doesn’t mean I will dip my coins to brighten them. I have never done that. And if I did I certainly wouldn’t parade it around to show it off.

Just my opinion!

I think you misread my post,Spider.I was not putting down "white" coins,I just don't care for the morgan dollar design.

Hayden

Just my opinion!

I think you misread my post,Spider.I was not putting down "white" coins,I just don't care for the morgan dollar design.

Hayden

Your Avitar? The items you sell on ebay? The Rainbow Morgan? And you don't like the design 893scratchchin-thumb.gif