• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
4 4

2,229 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2023 at 1:51 PM, leeg said:

1957-DRooseveltDimeinMS-67FTObv.png.71b46bda03c3146101abb9d6112b0b1d.png

1957-DRooseveltDimeinMS-67FTRev.png.2e0dbbe9e2ee9b86f663a655681bd025.png

The prongs on this holder appear to be a vast improvement over those currently in use by GENI, a TPGS in Europe.  Can you tell be what concern holdered this dime?  Thanks!

On 11/4/2023 at 7:40 AM, jimbo27 said:

NGC shipped my submission of Top 100 Morgans on Friday. The first four were yellow label ANACS coins and the last one was a raw coin I bought. I will post one coin a day with before and after photos to show how I did. I think I did okay. Hope you enjoy it, jimbo27.

100_3037.JPG

s-l1600 (21).jpg

5738428_Full_Obv.jpg

5738428_Full_Rev (1).jpg

I have to ask. Jimbo. Did you crack them before you sent them in?

The gentleman, having not been formally Mirandized and failing to state he wished to exercise his right to remain silent, folded under questioning and quite readily admitted to deflowering the encapsulation.

The TPGS would not detect evidence of a crime having been committed if the coin(s)were submitted raw. However, with one's signature one may authorize the vandalism when accompanied by the appropriate fee.  I would prefer to think all coins are received with an open mind but only the grade finalizer's barber would know for sure.

Three important things I learned in kindergarten from which I graduated Magnum C-m Laudanum:  1. Do not plagiarize another's work and misrepresent it as your own; 2. Do not defile a cinemaphotograher's black-and-white film with colorization; and most important: 3. Resist the urge to vandalize a Grading Finalizer's judgment.  🤣 

Edited by Henri Charriere
Die-polishing.

On 11/8/2023 at 3:15 PM, powermad5000 said:

I really thought that this beautiful coin would have graded higher when I bought it raw.

IMG_20171205_175148.jpg

Your coin looks pretty nice. What do you think brought it down to 61?

I'm really not totally sure @Lem E as the reverse looks just as good. It is sitting in my SDB so I can't currently access it right now, but maybe I will revisit it again in the future and take another look. I remember sending it in and I know I didn't expect a 65 but I really though it was a solid 63 and maybe a 64. I do remember there wasn't a lot of chatter on it so maybe the graders didn't think it was fully struck??

It is one of my favorite coins though and looks great!

Edited by powermad5000

On 11/8/2023 at 3:26 PM, powermad5000 said:

I'm really not totally sure @Lem E as the reverse looks just as good. It is sitting in my SDB so I can't currently access it right now, but maybe I will revisit it again in the future and take another look. I remember sending it in and I know I didn't expect a 65 but I really though it was a solid 63 and maybe a 64. I do remember there wasn't a lot of chatter on it so maybe the graders didn't think it was fully struck??

It is one of my favorite coins though and looks great!

That’s a shame. You would think it would be pretty obvious why it got a 61. Still looks like a nice piece no matter what the grade is.