• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp! Controversial Neon Monster Bust Half!

182 posts in this topic

Many of you may have read the thread about the 1831 Bust Half with neon toning. I am the one who purchased this amazing coin! In the past 7 years, I had two opportunities to buy it, but passed as it was too "pricey" :lol;

When I saw this piece in the previews in Heritage, it went onto my watch list. There was a vast discussion from a well known dealer here ;), which brought a great deal of attention to this coin. It was described by him as the "Most Amazing Toned Bust Half I have ever seen". When I look at this coin in hand, it appears that there is something radioactive making the coin glow from the inside out! Every crevice of lady liberty glows with greens, reds, and violets. There is toning on this example that no image will capture. It must be seen in hand to be truly appreciated. Mint luster adds to the amaing eye appeal of this piece. That along with the gold CAC sticker and old holder makes a perfect trifecta.

I may have paid a strong amount for it, but have no regrets. This coin will be one that will reamin in my collection for many years to come.

Thanks for looking!

20qx575.jpg

Congrats Ankur. The beauty of that coin will long outlast any price paid for it .

You should be way proud of that Bustie :)

Martin

....congratulations....a real beauty.....I guess it will have to be named the "Los Alamos Specimen".....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This coin will be one that will reamin in my collection for many years to come.

You better call Heritage then because:

Bustie_zpse858342e.jpg

It appears as if you are actively entertaining offers.

No offense meant Ankur but Someone has to ask the obvious question and since everyone thinks im a I will go for it. What makes you love the coin now at 3800$ that you didnt like at 900$ ? Is it the gold CAC sticker?

Now with that out of the way I do love the coin and congrats on owning it at whatever price.

Someone from ATS signature sounds like "Great Coins are Not Cheap, and Cheap Coins are Not Great".

I think Ankur paid Great price for this coin, but I guess he didn't steal the money and make them with his head. With my limited resources I would never pay that high for this coin, but Ankur is not me and I'm not Ankur.

Congratulations, the coin screams at me from your picture! (thumbs u

This is a trophy coin that has everything going for it. Someone someday will pay more for it if Ankur ever decides to sell. It takes real guts to buy at such a perceived premium over published market values and auction record prices. Well done Ankur!!!! :applause:

Ankur, we had a photo contest a while back for a very colorful Bust Half. The person who captured the color perfectly was BuffaloHead, aka Joe. I'm sure you know him and you might think about sending this coin to him to image. I am not kidding when I say that Joe can capture color like no one else I've ever seen and that's no offense to anyone here on these boards as there are a few people here who take photos who I hold in very high regard.

Mumu: the reason I didn't buy it then was because I was unsure of the color being natural. Obviously I was wrong.

I will have Todd take a shot (photo humor) at Baltimore maybe.

Mumu: the reason I didn't buy it then was because I was unsure of the color being natural. Obviously I was wrong.

OK, I know CAC is a big deal to you so it made me wonder if it made that big of a deal in price. In a sense I guess you can say it did since CACs approval of the color in the end made you buy it.

No offense meant Ankur but Someone has to ask the obvious question and since everyone thinks im a I will go for it. What makes you love the coin now at 3800$ that you didnt like at 900$ ? Is it the gold CAC sticker?

Now with that out of the way I do love the coin and congrats on owning it at whatever price.

A "fork" maybe, but not a spoon.. haha (did you know I can see you called yourself Richard when I posted this?)

A "fork" maybe, but not a spoon.. haha (did you know I can see you called yourself Richard when I posted this?)

You have your filter off I guess?

OK, I know CAC is a big deal to you so it made me wonder if it made that big of a deal in price. In a sense I guess you can say it did since CACs approval of the color in the end made you buy it.

Mumu - I'm mystified at your hostility. What's the problem?

Mumu - I'm mystified at your hostility. What's the problem?

I dont feel that's hostile. I am simply saying that rather than purely buying the sticker, he used CACs approval of the color as the deciding factor. Point being there are people who buy just because of the sticker, Ankur not being one of those people. I am mystified that everything I say is deemed hostile. Maybe I should just be hostile all the time from now on. No sense being accused for no reason.

However, YOU love it, and that's what counts!

Agreed. I've fallen out of love with my toners. The only tone I've been picking up as of late are of the gold variety. lol. I'm hoping to swap/sell them at the upcoming ANACS coin show in McAllen in February.

I got most of them from Krypto & great toning. Boy were they an expensive addiction!