Have a Cigar! Show your Gold Coins!
3 3

274 posts in this topic

It's a 69...I don't pay premiums for a 70 grades or anything like that. I just bought it for the nice orange color.

jom

Absolutely nice color. I was bidding on one on GC that had that kind of orange color but bailed early and focused on a couple of others. Was just curious. Very nice gold.

Some of mine. Thanks for looking.

It's no secret that I am not very good at grading coins but that 1882 looks much better than a 62 to me. What held it back or is it just under graded.

Nice gold btw

Gold coinage isn't my thing (dredge or sluice for raw is lots more fun!) but I couldn't help but peruse this post.

Is it just me or is almost every face used god-awful ugly (1869 1/4 Dol.) or misrepresented (1907 $10 looks like a modern white woman with a war bonnet).

The engravers seem to have gotten all else fairly well detailed but the faces??? UGH!!!

I recently purchased this 1839-C quarter eagle in an auction. I have two more coins to go to complete the Classic Head Quater set. They are supposed to be "somewhat common," but I have not had much luck finding them. ???

1839-C $250 O.jpg

1839-C 250 R.jpg