Have a Cigar! Show your Gold Coins!
3 3

274 posts in this topic

One of my few ICG coins, but the price was right. The coin has much more luster in hand, and is brighter. It is currently in an ICG MS67 holder. I keep telling myself that I am going to have it slabbed by NGC or PCGS, but I haven't gotten around to it.

21242-3.jpg

21242-4.jpg

I also like antebellum gold. This coin is in a NGC MS61 holder.

1851_Quarter_Eagle_Obv.jpg

1851_Quarter_Eagle_rev.jpg

I also have some nice antebellum New Orleans gold. If I can find it, I will post it too.

In response to coinman's post above here is a Saint I owned some years ago. Pretty weird.

20d-24p.jpg

jom

I would love to own this. It's a shame you no longer have it, and that it isn't on your sales website.

I would love to own this. It's a shame you no longer have it, and that it isn't on your sales website.

I looked up my records and I owned the coin for a short period of time in the latter part of 2003. It's been gone a LONG time....and only had a couple of months to boot. Keep looking you'll run across one again....

Also...I love Bill's Pan Pac! :banana:

jom

Here's a couple of more. Anyone have any thoughts on the $2.5 Indian? I've heard some think this is AT....the purple color anyways. The $10 is perfectly NT...typical of the data actually.

2.jpg

10d-11p.jpg

jom

When I was a kid collecting coins I really wanted one of these. Unfortunately, any gold coins were completely unobtainable, especially when my allowance was only $6.00 a week!

After 25 years, I finally got one!

Coin1986StatueofLiberty70.jpg

Coin1986StatueofLiberty70a.jpg

$5 1808/7 Breen-6455, B-2A. Rarity-5 Obverse Struck Thru Mint Error ex Harry W. Bass Jr. collection, formally Quality Sales Corporation’s auction of the estate of John A. Beck, Part I, January 1975, Beck began collecting in the late 1860's. It's the only John Reich error known for this series, as it has a large planchet strike through imperfection which covers star 4 on the obverse. The obverse also has a diagonal bisecting crack from the border at 1:00 through the cap and head of Miss Liberty to star 2. Another crack from the border through star 11 almost reaches the hair.

5yjesfb.jpg63c584m.jpg

Preliminary images of a recent NEWP are below. Sometimes I have a hard time getting worn gold just right. I could increase the contrast a touch but then the images are oranger than the true color so still working on this one. These were done with CFL's, I might go back to halogens as I tend to get better images of worn gold with these.

Nevertheless a nice example with original surfaces and minimal hits from its time in circulation. Still has nice cartwheels on both sides under the light.

Best, HT

1881-CC5dPCGSXF45CAC.jpg

Edited by Hard Times