• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Those Who Just Ordered the UHR 2009 Saint-Gaudens ...

372 posts in this topic

I just got my book this morning. Signature confirmation. It's kinda interesting, but it's definitely not worth a signature confirmation for something that looks like it'd cost $3.99 at a bookstore.

Sig confirmation for the book, yet they just left the coin on the doorstep....yup, sounds just like a government run organization. doh!

MM

I just got my book this morning. Signature confirmation. It's kinda interesting, but it's definitely not worth a signature confirmation for something that looks like it'd cost $3.99 at a bookstore.

Sig confirmation for the book, yet they just left the coin on the doorstep....yup, sounds just like a government run organization. doh!

MM

Yeah, actually I had a conversation with the UPS guy about that. He said, "I have a next-day air package for you," and I rolled my eyes and replied, "Yeah, I have no idea why they did that."

He looked at me oddly and so I continued, "See, it's a little book. The Mint this year released a 1 ounce gold replica of a coin that was made in 1907. But they didn't require signature confirmation. So across the country, you guys were leaving a $1200 gold coin on peoples' doorsteps." At this point, he's rolling his eyes, too. So I went on, "So there was a big uproar about it, and now since this book that went with it is technically part of that order, they're shipping all these little booklets next-day signature-required."

His reply: "Only in America."

Wow. So much for the order limit of 1 per household. I just placed an order for a second one, somewhat accidentally. I just wanted to try. I didn't do anything sneaky other than not logging in under my user name / password. Ship to same address, using same credit card. Of course, now I can't cancel through the website, but would need to call them. Grrr.

Now I'm debating whether it's worth going through a cancellation now, even though I did plan on ordering a second one later in the year, and risk the price of gold going up, or just wait and do a return if I decide I don't want to pay for it. I guess from now 'til late June there's no point in canceling it unless gold drops to another pricing tier.

Well, I called again today because my bank account showed it was charged for part of the order. Of course it was the Lincoln cents. So,I'll be getting those soon. Anyway,I asked about the UHR and the rep said since I ordered two weeks ago,mine will ship May 24th. Two more months!!The rep also said it was a "mistake" that the website showed them in stock the day I ordered. Duh!You think?

After hearing about all the issues with the Mint it makes me fell better and better about canceling my order and picking up the 1884 3cn and 1870 3cs.

For those of you who stuck it out good job. It is one very nice coin which I still hope to pick up one of these days. Maybe I will get lucky and get one of those 10% ebay coupons and the microsoft cash back on top of that when I finally decied to pick one up.

NGC has designated some UHR as prooflike. In a post on the PCGS forum, a high volume dealer claimed to have submitted approximately 500 and a few received the designation. I can’t find this information in the NGC census report. Does anyone know how many have been graded and what percentage have received the PL designation?

How can MS69 be pl before a 70. That is like almost having a 70, but its a 69.

The PL designation is separate from the grade.

In the case of UHRs, the prooflike (PL) designation refers to coins with deeply reflective fields. Not all UHRs have this reflective appearance, actually very few have deeply reflective fields on both the obverse and reverse.

Wow. So much for the order limit of 1 per household. I just placed an order for a second one, somewhat accidentally. I just wanted to try. I didn't do anything sneaky other than not logging in under my user name / password. Ship to same address, using same credit card. Of course, now I can't cancel through the website, but would need to call them. Grrr.

Now I'm debating whether it's worth going through a cancellation now, even though I did plan on ordering a second one later in the year, and risk the price of gold going up, or just wait and do a return if I decide I don't want to pay for it. I guess from now 'til late June there's no point in canceling it unless gold drops to another pricing tier.

So much for that. Just got a cancellation notice from the Mint without me doing anything. No explanation other than the form letter: "The following order has been cancelled either at your request or because we were unable to process it. We invite you to resubmit the order via our website at http://www.usmint.gov and click on Product Catalog."

Yeah I ordered a second one weeks back when I got sick of waiting, and it got cancelled

Thought they would take the hint. In stock but no shipment, just like the rest of my stuff ! what is going on over there..

I can't understand why the mint is canceling your orders - does it mean they haven't minted adequate quantities to meet demand or has production of UHR's been stopped due to shortages of gold?

This may be a stupid question (especially if the answer is as easy as going to the us mint site and looking for it, but I doubt anything is easy to discover about these coins there) but have they stated the total mintage planned and is that number fixed or is it going to change based on the fact they have seemingly stopped production?

Same question regarding the American Buffalos - they stopped production and prices have risen on the 2008's, did they achieve the stated mintage numbers (were there stated even mintages or do they simlpy mint as many as they can depending on demand and gold supply) - how does it work?

Bob

You guys weren't reading my post well enough. The order that was cancelled without explanation was the duplicate one that I made. It seemed to go through fine, but then the next day the Mint cancelled it because I had already ordered one. So stop getting mad at me. ;)

PROOFLIKE UHR

2009 Ultra High Relief .9999 1 oz. Gold NGC Mint State 70 PROOFLIKE $4,485!

Wow. $4,485 for an MS70 and $2,385 for an MS69.

The MCM advertisement states “We have finally received a small quantity of coins graded Mint State 70 Proof-Like”, however, I can’t find any information on the number of Prooflikes graded in the NGC census report. The UHR and UHR ER data are listed under “.9999 Fine Gold Bullion Coins”, but figures for PL coins is missing.

Does anyone know how many have been graded and what percentage have received the PL designation?

What i don't understand is how some can't get one coin and others get two or three.

I can't seem to get any coins at all. 90% of my orders say in stock and reserved and have said that for quite a while now including my UHR. Not one coin has arrived. One more recent order acutally had tracking so I guess it was sent. I checked my credit card and hardly anything I have ordered has even been charged. I called them and hung the phone up more confused then prior to calling. doh!