• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Those Who Just Ordered the UHR 2009 Saint-Gaudens ...

372 posts in this topic

I scheduled to give a speach on the 1907 High Relief $20 gold this month. I hope that I will have my coin by then, but it's looking doubtful.

I think this will go down as the "Greatest Mint Fiasco in History"

I don't know I think when they took down their online ordering system for a week at the very same time they put the Bald Eagle commemoratives on sale would give it a good run for its money.

I wonder how many people will be cancelling their orders on the 10th when they know they can't get the Early Release anymore.

There is one more thing that could be causing delays (and probably outright cancellations) for some of the early order people. A lot of credit cards are drastically reducing cardholders credit lines. Credit lin on a card being used to fund a UHR purchase gets its credit line cut and when the mint goes to charge the card it gets rejected as being over limit and the order gets put on hold. The Mint has a very poor track record of informing people that their order has been put on hold and usually the only way the customer finds out is by checking his order status. Oops, order status is offline now. So they don't tell you and you can't discover it for yourself and get it corrected.

Finally! I just got notified via e-mail that my URH is shipped UPS next-day air ... unfortunately I can't wait around past 10:15 AM for it to arrive. As stated in the first post, my order was placed at about 12:45 EST on the first day and was #308314--.

I will post high-res photos once I get it, and thanks to y'all who already have!

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate advice on how to lift it out of the recess it sits in with the box without damaging the capsule the coin is encased in?

Is there a technique for this?

Congrats, I sorted my problem so it will come soon.. no ER won't matter

Ordering again soon, it says the limit is re evaluated every week ?

Hmm I'm going to say its ambigous and order again if gold goes under 900 or maybe even 850 :D

Mine JUST came. I have to leave soon, but I will definitely take pictures tonight. Oh, and guess what - it was loose in the box (still in its capsule, but not in the display hole). And it's not tight in the capsule, it can wiggle around a bit. Sigh. But it looks like an MS-69 to me, so I'm keeping it.

My cap was loose, my mom's cap was loose. We'll see what my brother's is when it comes.

edit: UPS did NOT require signature for any of the three coins delivered to us.

My coin was still snug in the display hole, but it rattled in the capsule.

Sent it in to NGC today. Hoping it grades a 70.

I came out of the shower this morning and found the box on my kitchen table. Wife said the UPS guy just handed her a $1200 box with no signature confirmation or anything.

Grr. I didn't open it - it's just going out the door again.

She just came in, so I took a couple of fast shots. With the bowl shape of the coin, the lighting is a bit iffy at best. But she is a beauty.

UHRDEobv_007.jpg

UHRDErev_006.jpg

Mine was also loose in the box. so thanks for the info on how to get it out (I prefer not to have to ship it to myself again to get it out!), it was also a little loose in the capsule, but no harm done.

My coin was delivered today. 30831XXX 12:48 1/22

I'm glad I sold it on eBay. I was not impressed. The reduced diameter didn't appeal to me.

AFTER SEEING SOME OF THE PICTURES, WILL ANY GRADE 70?

Several coins have already been graded MS70.

I've found two scuffs on mine as well as a rim nick on the obverse (grr), so I don't think it'd grade a 70. I'm amazed at the relief on this coin ... without actually sticking a caliper on it, I'd guesstimate the relief is on the order of a millimeter or perhaps slightly more. Very cool. But, difficult to photograph. That said, here's my attempt, and I couldn't quite get the color to come out right:

2009_UHRDE_large.jpg

Good 'ol UPS delivered mine today - the box was half way opened on the perforated side of the box and it was WET... The guy left it on the front porch towards the front (not behind the potted plant - duh!). My sprinkler system turned on and carried over making the cardboard box mushy.

What makes it even better - no sigature, no card. But it was to be expected based on other responses.

Man I miss the days of buying stuff over $300 from the mint and getting next day FEDEX. If I was not home, they left a hanging tag - no product and came back the next day.... rantrant

I'd be very upset Is the coin OK? water would NOT be a good thing

My should here soon fingers are crossed!

It's ok - just the outside white box got wet to the point it was soft. The inside package was just nice and snug with the fabric white cover - of course the coin was loose once I opened the wood box. All is good!!!