• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Those Who Just Ordered the UHR 2009 Saint-Gaudens ...

372 posts in this topic

Another NGC MS70 PL sold on eBay yesterday for $3708, though is not an early release.

I am still not able to find any population data on the number with this designation. In other series, PL coins are listed below non-PL coins, however, prooflikes are not listed with the other UHR's in the ".9999 Fine Gold Bullion Coins" catagory.

Humm.. I finally got my UHR and a couple of other coins. Still have about 10 unfilled in stock orders.. ERRRRRR.

When was the deadline for early release? March? I was thinking of sending my coin in.. what should I look for prior to sending it off? The PL coins.. I take it have less of a satin look?

I wonder if the PL specimens are still being found in coins being shipped now?

Has anyone seen any official statements about this variety?

Noone can be expected to ALWAYS see the flaw on a 69 with the naked eye

Many 69 flaws are of course spots and could be seen. But many others are not.. so personally I see it this way. 69's are flawed and 70 is better, while some 69's are in fact premium quality.

Nothing wrong with full sets of 69's each with ONE tiny flaw, at discounted prices.

As for the UHR.. Many of these will be nice 69's too, but I definitely want 70. I do not want die polish lines. I want PL.

Tonight on HSN they were selling UHR coins for 2999.95 that had a 70 grade. The coin they were showing looked to me like it had polish lines when the light would reflect at some angles. Could be wrong, but I don't think so.

No.You aren't wrong. Die polish lines are something people have been complaining about.But,an MS 70 shouldn't have them.My opinion only.

It appears there are cleary 2 different finishes you may get depending on the amount of die polish lines. I had the PL finish with a few polish lines above the right rays. I also just received another with the entire surface with polish lines (pictured below), giving it the UNC look. IMO the one with the polish lines on the entire surface is at least consistent as your eyes are not drawn to the few polish lines as on the PL.

Just my 2c

IMG_0042.jpg

Tonight on HSN they were selling UHR coins for 2999.95 that had a 70 grade. The coin they were showing looked to me like it had polish lines when the light would reflect at some angles. Could be wrong, but I don't think so.

No.You aren't wrong. Die polish lines are something people have been complaining about.But,an MS 70 shouldn't have them.My opinion only.

Why?

It's not damage, and it is as-struck. That does not factor into the grade.

Between polishing and die changes I wonder how many 70's they produce. I will bet your coin is a 70. Every run on these coins they are making changes in the process, that is why the later coins are PL. Trial and error has made these coins better. " GOOD LUCK"

Will be a few days yet.. fingers crossed ! I am going to get someone to order me another one ;)

Can't you just order one yourself? I went to the mint on-line site and there didn't seem to be any restriction from ordering another, only 2 at once.

However, as I didn't complete the order, maybe not?

Will be a few days yet.. fingers crossed ! I am going to get someone to order me another one ;)

Can't you just order one yourself? I went to the mint on-line site and there didn't seem to be any restriction from ordering another, only 2 at once.

However, as I didn't complete the order, maybe not?

It has always had 1 per household limit. This limit is evaluated every week. They have not removed it, so it is still 1 per household right NOW.. 1/3 of the way into 2009 !

Definitely going to get another one through someone else

I did order another. Next day, it was cancelled.

Noone knows for sure if the limit will be lifted at all. Hopefully not..

Got it !! UPS tracking at least was right.. best of all no import duties (yay GOODBYE FEDEX)

No die polish lines to the naked eye, but dont think its one of those lovely dark PL examples

It is a chance at 70, but I will have to cross my fingers :) now time to buy another through someone else!

Well, opened my book :) all I can say is WOW !! will read it in detail later

The 15-55 ton progressive test strikes are an awesome pictorial :)