• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,893 posts in this topic

Some very nice new additions since my last.

(thumbs u

Check on the way to get this one paid and sent to me from Mike @ Kittle Coins: :)

Kittle_Coins_Bridgeport5_400.jpg

It's very tough to find a Bridgeport with nice color and lustre. I feel this example fit's the bill.

:)

My new addition... a pretty little Cleveland in an old NGC 65 holder...

63e0cbaa-0f8d-4933-903d-f6197cc57a92_zpsxyalouyu.jpg

_57%2054_zpsfl6ufgvk.jpg

Another nice example in an old holder.

An addition to my Type Set:

TomB2_722_H1917DP58O_COMBO3.jpg

Cool SLQ Lee. The toning is interesting. It is a little distracting, but I like it.

Joe,

That is a pretty good observation as far as distracting. There is a lot going on with this coin. Much nicer in hand. I actually split the coin into four equal parts and just looked at that part. That way all parts fit together.

Nice SLQ Lee.

I mean, I don't find the toning all that distracting myself but even if one did luster under the toning could alleviate much of the distraction. Luster can "cure" a lot of issues such as weak strike or surface issues from an eye appeal POV.

jom

Nice SLQ Lee.

I mean, I don't find the toning all that distracting myself but even if one did luster under the toning could alleviate much of the distraction. Luster can "cure" a lot of issues such as weak strike or surface issues from an eye appeal POV.

jom

Reading back what I wrote I didn't say things right. :blush:

I actually really like the coin and its not distracting to me at all. I was just letting Joe know how you can look at things a little differently.

Nice SLQ Lee.

jom

Reading back what I wrote I didn't say things right. :blush:

I actually really like the coin and its not distracting to me at all. I was just letting Joe know how you can look at things a little differently.

Actually, my reference to "distracting" was sort of directed to jpcienkus...not your later post.

jom

Thank you! All 3 are graded 64 by PCGS. I think the '99 came up short of 65 because of the hit on the eagles wing and light spotting on the reverse. Still, I like it. :grin:

I like em all, Aces, and that obverse on the 99 is a killer. (thumbs u

Thanks Joe and Irvin.

It is always a pleasure to go through here and see all the amazing coins so many here have collected.

Monetarily - Not really worth much more than melt. But I sure did think it was purdy. :grin:

I don't know Bill, unless im not seeing the lustre right this looks like a solid 64 with no major distractions and very nice soft toning. I will pay at least double melt for this one.

Here are some new purchases for my type set project.

I'll probably send the Morgan out for an axial lighting picture eventually, it has amazing reflective surfaces. I haven't figured out how to take good axial pics yet.

1878-Morgan-Composite_zpsf862ee24.jpg

A nice little gold half eagle...

1908-D-Indian-Composite_zps3a551b59.jpg

And a silver bicentennial Kennedy half dollar, which completes the silver bicentennial mini-set for me:

1976-S-Bicentennial_zps03593dd0.jpg