• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,893 posts in this topic

Thanks jom,

I think without looking at this coin I will return it. Listed as georgeous black and white cameo. Which it's cleary not in "real pictures". I buy coins with eye appeal just like most normal people, and I think the magic trick fooled me! Fortunately I don't buy from sellers who wont allow returns. This coin isn't a pig, but if it was, it would be wearing lipstick.

Thanks jom,

I think without looking at this coin I will return it. Listed as georgeous black and white cameo. Which it's cleary not in "real pictures". I buy coins with eye appeal just like most normal people, and I think the magic trick fooled me! Fortunately I don't buy from sellers who wont allow returns. This coin isn't a pig, but if it was, it would be wearing lipstick.

His prices are a little bit strong, but tell Don Rinkor what you want, and he'll make sure you get the best. I got my DMPL Morgan from him, and I'm very happy with it. http://www.certifieddollar.com/

I have bought most of my DMPLs from Don. He is extremely knowledgeable and just all around great to deal with. Be prepared to pay well over sheet for nice cameo coins, either from him or at auction.

78-CCs often have nice contrast and are readily available in PL/DMPL. Heritage has a couple in their Long Beach auction:

http://coins.ha.com/itm/morgan-dollars/1878-cc-1-ms63-prooflike-pcgs-pcgs-population-563-594-ngc-census-462-423-numismedia-wsl-price-for-problem-free-n/a/1217-7541.s?ic3=ViewItem-Auction-Open-PreviousLot-081514

http://coins.ha.com/itm/morgan-dollars/silver-and-related-dollars/1878-cc-1-lines-in-wing-vam-11-ms64-deep-mirror-prooflike-anacs/a/1217-3995.s

By way of comparison, here's my DMPL 78-CC VAM-11.

IMG_2204_zpsc19fe01f.jpg

IMG_2211_zps2aadc151.jpg

New Bust Quarter. PCGS XF40 CAC Browning 3 (noted on holder as Browning 2 which is wrong...thanks PCGS! lol )

Actually looks a bit nicer in hand (vs. photo)....good luster...

25c-1825_zps6e96e956.jpg

jom

New Bust Quarter. PCGS XF40 CAC Browning 3 (noted on holder as Browning 2 which is wrong...thanks PCGS! lol )

Actually looks a bit nicer in hand (vs. photo)....good luster...

jom

That has a really similar look to my NEWP. This was the Only coin I got at this years FUN show:

IMG_0218copy_zps566dafe6.jpg

IMG_0221copy_zpsde494761.jpg

That's a beautiful coin, Jason! This thread makes me wish I could collect everything...

Thanks. In hand, the luster pops a bit more. But if you think this is nice, you really should see the ones that ldhair and Hard Times got at the same show. They make mine want to go sit in the corner.

Nothing special here. Filling a hole in my birth set. Waiting on ROBEC to sell me his 57 in 67RB. ;)

57Lincoln_66RB_ComboB.jpg

Seller's Image

Looks like an awful lot of red in that picture to me. Does Bob have a 57 in 67RB to match the 57-D or are you completing a date set? If he ever decides to sell that 57-D I will arm wrestle you for it!

Looks like an awful lot of red in that picture to me. Does Bob have a 57 in 67RB to match the 57-D or are you completing a date set? If he ever decides to sell that 57-D I will arm wrestle you for it!

He does and you're on.

:)

It is the 57-D, no 57 that I'm aware of.

Edited by leeg

Just a pretty little commem and my first one. I found it on a short walk from the 'dark side' ....

_57_zps6readk4l.jpg

_57204_zpsbb2qml7w.jpg

Nice one!

(thumbs u

Picked this up for my type set. I really enjoy the NGC "*" designated coins and I believe I'll be very happy with this in hand. A few minor contact marks, but none too distracting. The fields look remarkably clean and I believe there is some depth to them as well.

1901MS65starCAC_zpse566916b.jpg

1901MS65starCACreverse_zpsc1db7f8b.jpg