• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,893 posts in this topic

Hi Coin Collectors......Well I'm new to the coin world. I just recently purched my first coin at an antique mall. I would love to know if anyone out there has seen a 1943 steel war penny..... but its not just your average steel penny.....this one has a unique side to it....the wheat side has a rotated die. I would really appriciate if someone could. Get back with me on this.

Thanks Patricia

Nice additions everyone, I thing my S-mint ASEs aren't scheduled to be shipped out until late September! In the mean time I just picked up this worn out old 50-cent piece at the post office yesterday.

128961.jpg.05c4e6dc058e2311628e494937fa014a.jpg

128962.jpg.ff5bd0a99a96a3adc4e6f5377c1b5b3d.jpg

Nice additions everyone, I thing my S-mint ASEs aren't scheduled to be shipped out until late September! In the mean time I just picked up this worn out old 50-cent piece at the post office yesterday.

I hope you didn't pay much for that. I can send you one 200 years newer, complete with luster. I'll even pick up the shipping for both coins if you want to trade. :D

Forgot to mention.......Great Pickup!!! (worship)

Edited by robec1347

I hope you didn't pay much for that. I can send you one 200 years newer, complete with luster. I'll even pick up the shipping for both coins if you want to trade. :D

Forgot to mention.......Great Pickup!!! (worship)

You know, now that I've had it in my possession for 24 hours it has sentimental value and I just don't think I could trade that away! lol

Bob! Did you hit the mother lode or what!

Isn't that your birth year? :o

Thanks for sharing

OP

Thanks guys.

And a special thanks to OP giving me back an extra decade + of youth.

No mother lode, just eBay searching. Getting harder to find.

One more I forgot about. 1970-S proof Lincoln's are known for their rim toning. The colors on this are a bit unusual.

It is in for grading as of yesterday. It may or may not grade, but at $7 it was a gamble worth taking.

Robec_1970-S_RawProof.jpg