• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,893 posts in this topic

Nothing super special, but a pretty coin to look at and very fun to photograph. :)

Nice dime! One of the very few PL coins I've seen around here I actually like...not too much die polishing....something I don't care for myself.

jom

Tonite's teletrade pickups.

Another PCGS 1950 PF-65 CAM Franklin for my mini-hoard of them. This one is CAC.

1950_pf_65_cac.jpg

1950_pf_65_obv.jpg

1950_pf_65_rev.jpg

This SLQ isn't that special, but needed something to push me over the limit to avoid state sales tax. So this one accomplished that and a pretty good hammer price + I like the SLQs.

1926_slq.jpg

1926_slq_obv.jpg

1926_slq_rev.jpg

Thanks for looking.

jimbucks what did you have to pay for that 65 cam frank?

$1050 plus buyers fee. I was prepared to pay more, it went stupid cheap. The pics don't look great (but not that bad either), but the CAC sticker suggests it looks better in hand.

Here are the Heritage pics. HA shows a cheaper hammer price, but I am guessing it didn't meet reserve (?).

I will take advantage of a soft market on these all day long.

1950_pf_65_cac_obv_heritage.jpg

1950_pr_65_cac_heritage.jpg

Well, here we go. These are recent purchases going back to a bit before the ANA...probably in July. I've shown a couple of these before but I didn't have my own photos until now. Special thanks goes out to Mark Felderino for viewing the 1832 CBQ for me in Philly. Although, I could not purchase the coin in the auction I was able to acquire it later from a dealer...and it actually cost me less than if I had got it auction at the next bid. Lucky.

5c-1835.jpg

10c-1833.jpg

25c-1819.jpg

25c-1832-1.jpg

50c-1823-1.jpg

50c-1831.jpg

10d-2008w-Buff.jpg

jom

Great coins Jom, but what is going on with the $10 gold piece.

Funny color or something. The coin is graded as "First Strike" by PCGS but "only" MS68. So whatever it was it was mint made...I kind of like it though.

jom

Here are the Heritage pics. HA shows a cheaper hammer price, but I am guessing it didn't meet reserve (?).

I will take advantage of a soft market on these all day long.

1950_pf_65_cac_obv_heritage.jpg

1950_pr_65_cac_heritage.jpg

way nice pick up jb and yes i agree it is a soft market right now. nice move on the pick up

Purchased a new type coin from board member BillJones. It's a beautiful coin, and a nice upgrade for my type set. The surfaces are an even chocolate color, and the luster is stunning in hand. Also, Bill is extremely easy to deal with and professional. (thumbs u

The streaks are on the slab...

129912.jpg.f8a4581e090e30a4327758119f33f2cf.jpg