• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,901 posts in this topic

Got 2 proof Franklins from Deerefan8420, thank you! The Morgan was from Northeast Coins, My 1895-S isn't a pretty coin, but that's all I can afford. I am glad to have it in my Morgan collection.

IMG_0195_zps081dd655.jpg

IMG_0196_zpscdf884b6.jpg

new-ish, but just got imaged.

pics are courtesy of ERIC HAZEN, and he did a great job on them. colors are as accurate as they can be in pics. THANK YOU ERIC!

NGC MS65 CAC:

2014_03_15_0493_zpsa41495da.jpg2014_03_15_0494_zpsf2c5312c.jpg

and PCGS SP68:

2014_03_15_0495_zps254f7333.jpg2014_03_15_0499_zpsbe8108a7.jpg

As I usually post my newps on the Barber Thread ( still plugging away at the collection )

and everyone is invited to stop anytime to see what I have been picking up. As of late, I

have been concentrating on Quarters. Although I have recently added a Dime and a Half

for my collection.

This Quarter was originally in my 1st Set of Quarters - and it's been for sale since the

guy bought it. My coins sold for what was considered (at that time) Moon Money. Although

I would buy back everyone I sold at the price they sold for in 2011 !! :o

I inquired about this coin a few times and the seller would hardly budge - all he kept saying

was ..." Do you know whose set this coin is from ? All the coins were premium toned and sold

for twice or three times sheet ! " I chuckled to myself and when he was thru defending his

price ( which would have made a Hooker blush ) ... I calmly mentioned, I was the previous

owner and it was my hard work and dedication that paid off. I marketed the collection throughly

and most coins sold for double their competitors' price. I offered him a 20% profit of what he paid

and he refused. I let it slide, thanked him for his time ( he seemed like a nice enough guy )

and would still see the coin on eBay every so often.

Well, I saw the coin again last week and sent him an offer, still giving him a 20% profit and

mentioned to him that if he refused the offer again, the chances were good that he'd still have the

coin in inventory in another 2 and a Half Years. Just said some profit is better than no profit, or

yet, a loss. The coin is a very minor variety of the most populous date in the entire Barber Series.

Edit to add: This image was taken before I sent the coin to CAC where it received a Green Bean !

145809.jpg.4a391fe5a86db655b56c6b793a2cae74.jpg

Edited by Elbesaar

As I usually post my newps on the Barber Thread ( still plugging away at the collection )

and everyone is invited to stop anytime to see what I have been picking up. As of late, I

have been concentrating on Quarters. Although I have recently added a Dime and a Half

for my collection.

This Quarter was originally in my 1st Set of Quarters - and it's been for sale since the

guy bought it. My coins sold for what was considered (at that time) Moon Money. Although

I would buy back everyone I sold at the price they sold for in 2011 !! :o

I inquired about this coin a few times and the seller would hardly budge - all he kept saying

was ..." Do you know whose set this coin is from ? All the coins were premium toned and sold

for twice or three times sheet ! " I chuckled to myself and when he was thru defending his

price ( which would have made a Hooker blush ) ... I calmly mentioned, I was the previous

owner and it was my hard work and dedication that paid off. I marketed the collection throughly

and most coins sold for double their competitors' price. I offered him a 20% profit of what he paid

and he refused. I let it slide, thanked him for his time ( he seemed like a nice enough guy )

and would still see the coin on eBay every so often.

Well, I saw the coin again last week and sent him an offer, still giving him a 20% profit and

mentioned to him that if he refused the offer again, the chances were good that he'd still have the

coin in inventory in another 2 and a Half Years. Just said some profit is better than no profit, or

yet, a loss. The coin is a very minor variety of the most populous date in the entire Barber Series.

Edit to add: This image was taken before I sent the coin to CAC where it received a Green Bean !

Excellent looking Barber!

Great looking coins everyone!!

I particularly like the looks of the Classic Half Eagle and the '95-S Morgan. (thumbs u (thumbs u

One of the tougher coins to find in this series (I think). I liked it so what the hec...

10c-1811_zps140a8c8b.jpg

jom

One of the tougher coins to find in this series (I think). I liked it so what the hec...

10c-1811_zps140a8c8b.jpg

jom

That is a stunner jom, send it to me for imaging! :devil:

Best, HT

MFH---Awesome Barber, as ALWAYS!

Jom--That 1811 CBD is a stunner!

JPC--I don't see a single speck on that pristine Peace dollar---love the older slab, too!

Great Pickups!! :applause:

Thanks Bobby and Walkerfan. I'm very happy with the purchase. I didn't see a mark on the obverse either and that was the reason I bought it. There is a little bit of "toning" on the right reverse, and 2 contact marks on the eagle, but nothing too distracting. I think the reverse actually kept it from a higher grade. When I saw the Peace Dollar, I knew I wanted to add it to my collection.

Yes, nice Peace dollar!

Also, the Mint commem is pretty neat. Is there a gold version (I'm too lazy to look it up)? :insane:

jom

Last night was one of these times when i couldn't win anything.

every single coin i bid on, i was outbid by a dollar or two, right at the end of the auction..

this is the only one i managed to get (although i got it at my max bid, so not very happy)

1921 Morgan Dollar, PCGS 63

179214-1_zpsa5824c06.jpg

179214-2_zps9a3530c1.jpg

Edited by yonico

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and I'm new to the coin collecting world. So don't mind me if I seem to be such a newbie. I'll eventually get good enough to know what I'm doing and I'm hopping that I am making the right choices when it comes to purchasing without being suckered into wasting a ton of money.

So I went down to a local auction house to bid on some items that weren't relating to coin collecting (I won a baby bassinet and a vintage porcelain sign). So before I was ready to cash out they pulled out some coin lots and I decided to try my luck on some of them. I eventually won 1 lot. I was happy and the best part was that I had fun. The lot contained 9- Barber Dime and 1- Eisenhower Dime. My coins aren't the best from what I've seen here on the forum but I chosen the best looking Barber Dime and the Rosevelt Dime to show everyone. I'm sorry for the image quality as I don't have one of them fancy DSLR cameras and I used my iPhone instead.

1905-S Barber Dime

B66AFEDF-F1E6-4300-B6EB-B2CD1C6E9340_zpsixkebhc0.jpg

6D2F1322-4453-483B-9B78-3961CE31732A_zpsrmb46s1z.jpg

1946 Rosevelt Dime

image_zps5886bfba.jpg

2AD0E9DF-678D-4509-A7B4-1388974D7A55_zpszsl3ff4o.jpg

Edited by wygold