• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,911 posts in this topic

Saw this Liberty just standing there.... at the LCS...... Much nicer than the photo.... bronze, wine, and blue album toned :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_1831.jpg

That 83O sure is vibrant. This isn't new, just haven't shot it in a while. Toned in my sock drawer obverse up. Took about 3 years to get to this state, must be the drawer liner, don't know.

76a7be57-7639-41d9-97e7-f41eb32d9df3_zpse45c066a.jpg

Very Nice addition Jimbo!!! I actually added this S mint of the same date this weekend.....(pics came out a little flat looking)

1918S-2_zps907a33eb.jpg

.... nice clarity...... a sharp Standing Liberty is truly a thing of beauty. The LCS owner said it was all he could do to resist dipping the one I got...... he's 82 years old and for years he said he couldn't sell 'em without a dip. I really like this guy...... he carries stamps, cards, militaria, autographs...... and man does he have some stories. GOD BLESS...

Well, they finally arrived: my 2 pc West Point sets. Getting ready to send them off to NGC for grading; they look really good so I am expecting 70's (keeping my fingers crossed).

I ordered them on the first day that they were available and they just came in today. I know that others (the big coin networks) ordered a lot more than I did but the mint should process on a first come first served basis, not by who orders the most. Give the regular customers a chance to get early release designations. The big coin networks have had them on sale for a month now.

Oh well, I guess I will just have to hope for the best.

A new medal. I found the design to be quite lovely.

This medal is a restrike of the medal given to all members of the armed forces who served in World War II. It was designed by Mr. Thomas H. Jones, whose initials can be seen on the obverse at the right base of the female figure.

The female figure, Liberation, is shown facing left as though looking to the dawn of a new day, her right foot resting on a Roman war god’s helmet. In her right hand is a broken sword with the blade that was broken off in her left hand, symbolizing defeat of the Axis powers. Visible behind the war helmet is a rising sun with rays.

2000_WorldWar2_Medal_Bronze_Victory_NGC_MS67_composite_zpsf2189e64.jpg

I'm not a medal fan.. however, I LIKE THIS ONE!!

Very Nice addition Jimbo!!! I actually added this S mint of the same date this weekend.....(pics came out a little flat looking)

1918S-2_zps907a33eb.jpg

.... nice clarity...... a sharp Standing Liberty is truly a thing of beauty. The LCS owner said it was all he could do to resist dipping the one I got...... he's 82 years old and for years he said he couldn't sell 'em without a dip. I really like this guy...... he carries stamps, cards, militaria, autographs...... and man does he have some stories. GOD BLESS...

Great detail.. wonder who bad it looked before it was dipped.

A new medal. I found the design to be quite lovely.

This medal is a restrike of the medal given to all members of the armed forces who served in World War II. It was designed by Mr. Thomas H. Jones, whose initials can be seen on the obverse at the right base of the female figure.

The female figure, Liberation, is shown facing left as though looking to the dawn of a new day, her right foot resting on a Roman war god’s helmet. In her right hand is a broken sword with the blade that was broken off in her left hand, symbolizing defeat of the Axis powers. Visible behind the war helmet is a rising sun with rays.

2000_WorldWar2_Medal_Bronze_Victory_NGC_MS67_composite_zpsf2189e64.jpg

I'm not a medal fan.. however, I LIKE THIS ONE!!

so do i :)

Yes, she was probably dipped at some time in her past. But doesn't look as flat looking as the pics imply. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong when taking pics, but they all seem to get a flat look to them unless they have a lot of luster, then they come out too bright where you can't see the details as well.

Edited by AcesKings

Yes, she was probably dipped at some time in her past. But doesn't look as flat looking as the pics imply. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong when taking pics, but they all seem to get a flat look to them unless they have a lot of luster, then they come out too bright where you can't see the details as well.

...... Don't feel bad..... it's still a mystery to me also..... GOD BLESS....

Here are a few coins I just received from Mumu. Grades are- #1- '47 PCGS MS65,#2- '47-S PCGS MS65, #3- '48 PCGS MS66, #4- '55-D PCGS MS65, #5- '58 PCGS MS65, #6- '58 NGC MS66, #7- '58 NGC MS66.

WashingtonFullCoin_zps75a9546c.png

Sure look much better than my selling pics :D

I haven't bought a coin since Central States so it's not exactly "recent" but it is one of my all time favorite acquisitions and the last coin I purchased. One contact mark on the Owls wing away from Gem.

1915-s.jpg

Boiler that is one wonderful coin. That is one if my all time favorites and even though the round is rarer had I the money I would own the octagonal myself.

Boiler that is one wonderful coin. That is one if my all time favorites and even though the round is rarer had I the money I would own the octagonal myself.

No question about it. I didn't know the round one was rarer but I like the octo much better. Great coin!

jom

Wow!! That is a beautiful Morgan you have there Brandon! Very nice pickup.

+1

Nice job of capturing the way the Golden/Yellow toning runs around and through Liberty's hair. I like it (thumbs u

Saw this Liberty just standing there.... at the LCS...... Much nicer than the photo.... bronze, wine, and blue album toned :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

101_1831.jpg

..... sorry to hog space.... but I really wanted to try and get a shot that captures the color on this..... the year didn't fit my "Famous Dates" type set..... but I had to get it anyway. GOD BLESS....

101_1878.jpg

very nice pickups ya'll! that's a very nice morgan there, and an awesome octo $50!

i especially like the Jom's SLQ, the new pic made me like it even more :applause:

been kinda slow this week for me, i did manage to pick up 1 quarter off ebay, and 2 more peace dollar samples to my rapidly growing sample slab collection:

KGrHqUOKpYFG8JBdBRycH6Q6MQ60_3-Copy_zpse5b9c7f9.jpgKGrHqUOKpYFG8JBdBRycH6Q6MQ60_3_zpsca5ab530.jpg

DSC01266_zpsd10fc0b4.jpg