• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,908 posts in this topic

Thanks Guys! It's been easier than I thought it would be and have had help with links to a couple of these from friends here on the boards and Jaime startin me off.

That's a sweet set Bobby!

I got this one on the BAY for $6.95 shipped. :) I thought it would fit in my horses set, as I haven't ever seen a SAMPLE slab with a horse coin before.

That's a neat sample slab. I don't think I have seen a sample slab from this era before (in terms of slab design that is).

Greetings!

Just arrived Saturday, over priced but I have to keep the set going right?

I do love the coins.

Cheers

OP

Got 2 of them myself OP. They look very nice!!

I posted a new purchase of a 1832 1/2c from Teletrade earlier. Received the coin and was pleasantly surprised. It has very nice color and luster with prooflike fields. Here is a couple of my new images.

32-001.jpg

32-002.jpg

Mod great new raw cams! You know how I love them! I think that 52 is special being as you very rarely see them with the same contrast on obverse and reverse, but I don't think it will cam unless the mirrors are deeper than you show in the pictures. That 52 nickel is oh so close and the key to the Jefferson series! You should do well on that one when (I hope) it comes back cameo. That 58 half is super sweet too, could possibly go ucam! And, that colorful dime... has Jaime (schatzy) contacted you yet!! :)

Mod great new raw cams! You know how I love them! I think that 52 is special being as you very rarely see them with the same contrast on obverse and reverse, but I don't think it will cam unless the mirrors are deeper than you show in the pictures. That 52 nickel is oh so close and the key to the Jefferson series! You should do well on that one when (I hope) it comes back cameo. That 58 half is super sweet too, could possibly go ucam! And, that colorful dime... has Jaime (schatzy) contacted you yet!! :)
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I'd agree on your evaluation of the 1952 half Sam, I think it'd be a tough CAM also, one of those infamous "whatsit" coins that won't make cameo, but a + or star probably doesn't quite account for the premium coin it is. However, I believe they could give a CAM because the frost is visible at all angles which could off-set the fields.

Also picked up these over the weekend:

1925Lexington.png

1920Pilgrim.png

19525c.png

19591c-1.png

19551c.png

Edited by ModCrewman

Looks like some nice colour there Jom . Are the marks adjustemtn or post mintage?

They looked like adjustments to me...but I'm no expert. In an OGH holder VF30.

jom

Raw? Nope. OGH PCGS VF30

jom

Niiicce!!! Love the toning and the adjustment marks. (thumbs u

Latest pickup from Stack's and the Guttag Family.

1926sOregonP65rev_12sm.jpg

1926sOregonP65_29sm.jpg