• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outta here
2 2

283 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2024 at 10:25 PM, zadok said:

...apparently not....

🐓:  Look at the bright side.  The number of followers you [had] just doubled in three days. 🤣

On 1/2/2024 at 7:27 PM, ldhair said:

I don't care if he stays or not....

🐓:  Equivocation, eh?  [I have always held you in the highest regard -- and I believe you know that.

On 1/3/2024 at 9:53 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I LOVE "The Odd Couple" but don't see what the classic parking scene has to do with members here.  Maybe you can elaborate ? ???

🐓:  That classic exchange captures the very essence of the spirit, i.e. joie de vivre of your Noo Yawk neighbor.  :makepoint:  doh!  :whistle:

On 1/3/2024 at 5:19 PM, VKurtB said:

Be aware that if you get an RSV vaccine, that one gave me the worst injection site reaction I’ve ever had. I participated in a clinical trial, and for the study year, I never got so much as a sniffle. But, medical research does not swing on one participant’s experience. I found out, after the study, that I had indeed gotten the active “candidate” vaccine, not the placebo, but that the efficacy was not high enough for FDA to approve it. I got SOME protection from it, but statistically, not enough people did. I’ll do another if asked. But an “arm ouchie”? Oh yeah.

So you tried out an RSV vaccine, just not the one that is now available and got approved ?

On 1/3/2024 at 6:06 PM, RWB said:

Sounds like an advantage to coin collecting....Buy $500 in nickels and hunker down.

Nah, I have hunkered down into my numismatic library and started the re-read from there. The next time I hunt rolls will be the first time.

On 1/4/2024 at 12:22 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

So you tried out an RSV vaccine, just not the one that is now available and got approved ?

It was a clinical trial that I got invited to participate in by the Heath app on my iPhone. Test subjects are told NOTHING until the clinical trial is over.

On 1/3/2024 at 8:49 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I just got the new Covid Moderna shot yesterday.  Seemed to have a worse reaction this time.  My left shoulder is still very sore 20 hours after I got the shot.  :(

My reaction to my latest booster was pretty terrible at the injection site. Same for my son and Mother-in-law. I was quite shocked. I had redness for days in that spot and the skin was hot to the touch.

On 1/4/2024 at 5:28 PM, Revenant said:

My reaction to my latest booster was pretty terrible at the injection site. Same for my son and Mother-in-law. I was quite shocked. I had redness for days in that spot and the skin was hot to the touch.

So what kind of COVID vaccine is Moderna doing? Is it still mRNA or is it a different technology? My first three jabs were Pfizer/BionTech mRNA, and I never got any of those targeted variants. But we have begun interacting more lately, and now I’ve gotten different variants two times. In case you haven’t figured it out, COVID will be with us forever. 

On 1/4/2024 at 5:53 PM, VKurtB said:

So what kind of COVID vaccine is Moderna doing? Is it still mRNA or is it a different technology? My first three jabs were Pfizer/BionTech mRNA, and I never got any of those targeted variants. But we have begun interacting more lately, and now I’ve gotten different variants two times. In case you haven’t figured it out, COVID will be with us forever. 

Yes, they ditched the cards and the last time we got the jab the Dr told us that it was now considered endemic and we were going to just have annual CoVID shots now to go with the flu shots. Such a joy. The world keeps turning and finding ways to try to kill us.

On 1/4/2024 at 5:56 PM, Revenant said:

Yes, they ditched the cards and the last time we got the jab the Dr told us that it was now considered endemic and we were going to just have annual CoVID shots now to go with the flu shots. Such a joy. The world keeps turning and finding ways to try to kill us.

And it leaked, or was intentionally released from the Wuhan lab. Thank you, China! Wait, did I say “thank”? I meant to say ****.

On 1/4/2024 at 7:01 PM, VKurtB said:

And it leaked, or was intentionally released from the Wuhan lab. Thank you, China! Wait, did I say “thank”? I meant to say ****.

🐓:  You worried about this Wu-Tang Clan?

Q.A:  I'm 72!  What, me worry?  🤣