• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 5 cent pieces.
2 2

808 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2023 at 8:21 PM, Sandon said:

Shortly after @Lem E started this topic, I posted photos of a worn, battered and buffed 1801 Draped Bust, Heraldic Eagle half dime, the only one I owned. This 1803 that I just acquired (large 8 variety, though not noted on the holder) is NGC graded "Fine details, cleaned". The effects of the "cleaning" are limited to a slightly light color and some barely noticeable hairlining. Coins of this type are quite elusive.

This is an interesting coin, it has the look of possibly spending some time in the ground and the discoloration confined to the area around the date. (shrug)

I apologize, I'm not trying to scrutinize the the coin, just understand it. Congrats on the NEWP. :golfclap:

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

On 4/6/2023 at 10:19 AM, Buffalo Head said:

F026E993-2DD8-4F5C-BAE1-C07290C919FC.thumb.jpeg.e340fd37f1bed6982345bd62d501d677.jpeg5599DFBE-11DE-4213-9536-1A749A2EAC35.thumb.jpeg.91079b478e5b78cf9ec7653efcc02f4b.jpeg

I knew immediately who this guy is when I saw all the rainbow Buffalo nickels! Hello Joe! 

I am new to this forum, but have been hanging out at the CU forums since 2009. The admin over there got to be a bit too much, so I came over here. 

Seems to be many of the same folks, so that's awesome! :) 

On 4/26/2023 at 7:50 AM, DSessom said:

I knew immediately who this guy is when I saw all the rainbow Buffalo nickels! Hello Joe! 

I am new to this forum, but have been hanging out at the CU forums since 2009. The admin over there got to be a bit too much, so I came over here. 

Seems to be many of the same folks, so that's awesome! :) 

Welcome to the forum. :hi: