• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 d dime

18 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2022 at 1:47 PM, RWB said:

Who or what told you it might be worth "grading?"

Yes. This. Whoever or whatever it was, don’t ever use that source again. 

On 2/9/2022 at 11:12 AM, VKurtB said:

Just evil. The 50’s and 60’s. We all knew who represented evil and we said it unashamed out loud. No snowflakes, except in snowstorms. 

Thats how I grew up around my homeplace in the 80s and 90s. Its taking that snow storm a while to get here because were still all like that. We dont get offended very easily. 

I often wonder whether my question "Can you imagine school, college, and life without an Internet?" mirrors that of 1940s people asking "Can you imagine life without a telephone?"

"Dad, without telephones, how did you even communicate? Did you just write a damn letter and wait for it to show up?" "Mom, what was it like when all your communications had to go by stagecoach?"

On 2/9/2022 at 10:49 AM, JKK said:

I often wonder whether my question "Can you imagine school, college, and life without an Internet?" mirrors that of 1940s people asking "Can you imagine life without a telephone?"

"Dad, without telephones, how did you even communicate? Did you just write a damn letter and wait for it to show up?" "Mom, what was it like when all your communications had to go by stagecoach?"

We (my school) wrote our papers after doing research in libraries, writing down quotes on 3x5 cards, sometimes from books that were originally owned by Benjamin Franklin and Chief Justice John Marshall. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 2/9/2022 at 11:02 AM, Hoghead515 said:

If we had a research paper to write up we had to use encyclopedias. Then wasnt aloud to plagerise it. Had to figure out how to write it in our own words. 

Also is we didnt like something one said about the other we would just knock it out and then go back to being friends again. We didnt run and cry with hurt feelings and make threats of calling someone with authority. Most of the time we all got along though. 

We argued political points ROUTINELY at my college. There were no “safe spaces” or “trigger warnings” or “forbidden viewpoints”. And remember, when I did my undergrad work, the Prezzez were Nixon, Ford, and Carter. 

This at a school that had only recently gone coed. It had been men only and had a military academy style Honor Code for academics. If you knew somebody else cheated and you didn't rat them out, YOU would be expelled.

Edited by VKurtB