• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pocket change find
2 2

38 posts in this topic

Deleted.  I screwed up.  Sorry about that.  It's been a time lately.

Edited by Mohawk

On 1/24/2022 at 9:04 PM, tj96 said:

He's probably asking about that little bit of doubling on the right side of the spike.

Ahhh...okay.  That makes sense now.  I missed that and retract my earlier comment.  I apologize for that.

On 1/26/2022 at 8:53 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I found one just like this just now. Are you talking about the spike. 20220126_225232.thumb.jpg.b43173b6ee82424161ce3edefde17e85.jpg

If I had a set up to get a better image like this my observation of these coins would be much easier to share.

I have sent this coin to John Wexler for examination. Hopefully within a few weeks I will find out if this is infact a ddr or some other doubling. Looking at the 3 listed "P" ddr this is much larger than those.

Logically it is in the right area. Most DDs with single squeeze should be in the center area. With that said if it is a DD there sure seems to be a heck of a lot of them! Everyone who has looked seems to have this same design. 

Looking at my mint uncirculated set I don't see any doubling on either the "D" or "P" on the spike. Since I'm a novice my only recourse is to research and ask questions for what I don't know. I have only found this one coin, and have not seen any information on it.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:23 AM, Bart M said:

Looking at my mint uncirculated set I don't see any doubling on either the "D" or "P" on the spike. Since I'm a novice my only recourse is to research and ask questions for what I don't know. I have only found this one coin, and have not seen any information on it.

If you had not asked the question I would probably have never looked. With that, all of the coins l showed above are D mint, and depending on the light source, several appear to have similar strikes. 

Got 1 response at the Coneca forum that thinks its MD. If you need the picture of mine to help confirm yours with Wexler then go ahead and use it. Your more than welcome.  May help knowing theres more than one example. If it is what it is. Bob Piazza the Lincoln cent attributer says he thinks its MD. He may be wrong though. We will finx out what Wexler says when he examines yours. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 1/27/2022 at 2:44 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Got 1 response at the Coneca forum that thinks its MD. If you need the picture of mine to help confirm yours with Wexler then go ahead and use it. 

Thank you Hoghead for the offer. I have already sent the coin in to Mr Wexler and he should receive it tomorrow. Initially I sent pictures into coneca via attribution, which I believe is private and Bob Piazza responded that it appears to be dd. I've been waiting for instructions for examination but haven't heard back. That is why I posted it here and sent it to Mr.Wexler. I will post what it is when I hear back.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:31 PM, Bart M said:

Thank you Hoghead for the offer. I have already sent the coin in to Mr Wexler and he should receive it tomorrow. Initially I sent pictures into coneca via attribution, which I believe is private and Bob Piazza responded that it appears to be dd. I've been waiting for instructions for examination but haven't heard back. That is why I posted it here and sent it to Mr.Wexler. I will post what it is when I hear back.

He told me mine looked like MD. I dont think it is. I see it everyday coin hunting. This dont have the MD typical look to it. But hes been into way longer than I have. If he says mines MD then it probably is. We will see what Wexler says about yours and then we will know for sure. Lumii_20220127_103534357.thumb.jpg.fa7cb784e28439cc8282f17f43a4897b.jpg

Edited by Hoghead515

On 4/4/2022 at 6:05 PM, Bart M said:

Received coin and letter from J. Wexler today. This coin is now listed, 2007-D 25¢ UT WDDR-001

Very cool. Ill have to put mine in a coin flip now

Edited by Hoghead515