• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission forms

15 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2021 at 3:54 PM, Cecelia R. Valverde said:

While attempting to fill out a submission form I had a problem,anywhere I clicked the tier box  would get checked.Is that required?Do you have to pick a tier?

Absolutely. 

On 10/4/2021 at 4:20 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Oh dear.  :preach:

When I see someone for whom choosing a tier is a roadblock, I see someone who shouldn’t be submitting coins yet.

On 10/11/2021 at 9:51 PM, Cecelia R. Valverde said:

Thank you for your response.I can't learn if I don't try.

But you are asking here first so that's a good start. I would post a photo of your coin before you send it in to see if anyone can help first.

On 10/11/2021 at 8:51 PM, Cecelia R. Valverde said:

Thank you for your response.I can't learn if I don't try.

What are you trying to learn? How to send in a coin? How to decide whether you should? What exactly? You are NOT the first person to put the cart before the horse here, and you won’t be the last. This is WHY that for MANY years, submissions had to come through dealers - because new folks needed “screening” of their desires. 

On 10/12/2021 at 2:17 PM, VKurtB said:

What are you trying to learn? How to send in a coin? How to decide whether you should? What exactly? You are NOT the first person to put the cart before the horse here, and you won’t be the last. This is WHY that for MANY years, submissions had to come through dealers - because new folks needed “screening” of their desires. 

I would hazard a guess that even the most experienced numismatist needed help the first time through the NGC submission form.  Not exactly the most user friendly form out there the first time through.  

On 10/12/2021 at 2:26 PM, Morpheus1967 said:

I would hazard a guess that even the most experienced numismatist needed help the first time through the NGC submission form.  Not exactly the most user friendly form out there the first time through.  

I can see that IF you are the type who is also intimidated by the Long Form 1040. I am not. My personal belief is that too many view the NGC submission form as a “whole” entity, and miss viewing it as a dozen or so “mini forms” to be tackled sequentially. Just take your time and take it step by step. There’s no rush. Gawd knows there won’t be one when it gets to Sarasota. And please, if you’re at a show where NGC is taking submissions, learn, leave, fill out, and return. Do NOT hog up the chairs at NGC. 

On 10/12/2021 at 2:43 PM, Morpheus1967 said:

Turbo Tax. 

Yeah, I rock it old school there too. Paper form. My uncle died in 2019 at age 101. He was a stock option trader. He wrote covered call options from his own stock portfolio. His 1040 package typically ended up with an inch thick of paper. He did his own taxes, every year until he died. In his own hand. 

Edited by VKurtB

If submission forms have you flummoxed, you should see the dominance forms. ¡Caramba!