• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just "Ignored" someone for the first time.
2 2

251 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2022 at 5:38 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

I didn't read any of the thread, my apologies. Can someone fill me in, please? What is this about the kabbala? I'm so lost and confused. All i want to do is block people, is that so demanding? 

Hover over their name/icon... image will expand, and "Message", "Content" and "Ignore" buttons will show.  Click "ignore" and you will be able to click the level to which you want to ignore the member.

To respond to the question:  I have blocked a few members.  I want my experience to be as nice as possible, and ignoring members who purposely detract helps my cause.

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist

On 9/12/2022 at 6:34 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Hover over their name/icon... image will expand, and "Message", "Content" and "Ignore" buttons will show.  Click "ignore" and you will be able to click the level to which you want to ignore the member.

To respond to the question:  I have blocked a few members.  I want my experience to be as nice as possible, and ignoring members who purposely detract helps my cause.

First, thank you. I will only use a burner phone with a vpn and only go through the tor network followed by a good duck duck going. I'll have to try the hover technique when i get a chance. 

And, your response is spot on. I was on that other site and there were so many people who just loved reading their own voices. I ignored about half a dozen members and walla, streamline city. I plan on doing the same here. Thanks again

On 9/12/2022 at 6:34 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

All very well and good. Easy to follow instructions. But the complainant is in a real quandary here. What does one do when a fellow member heaps effusive praise on you, embellished with genuflecting emojis to boot, and you absolutely refuse to block [ignore] him? In the morning, he is says, do whatever you like. A few hours later, in the afternoon, he issues a CEASE AND DESIST order! Is praise an actionable, reportable offense?  [If the Interstate is closed, you or I will try local roads. Not so the complainant. After all, the Interstate is not supposed to be closed.]  I have never blocked anyone, but then again, I cannot recall having encountered any offensive content. I am going to do something I picked up from a dear old friend. Stay away and try again later.

On 9/12/2022 at 7:11 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

All very well and good. Easy to follow instructions. But the complainant is in a real quandary here. What does one do when a fellow member heaps effusive praise on you, embellished with genuflecting emojis to boot, and you absolutely refuse to block [ignore] him? In the morning, he is says, do whatever you like. A few hours later, in the afternoon, he issues a CEASE AND DESIST order! Is praise an actionable, reportable offense?  [If the Interstate is closed, you or I will try local roads. Not so the complainant. After all, the Interstate is not supposed to be closed.]  I have never blocked anyone, but then again, I cannot recall having encountered any offensive content. I am going to do something I picked up from a dear old friend. Stay away and try again later.

I truly have no idea what you are talking about.  I was telling @CoinJockey73 how to block someone.  I think you are a good hearted dude, but your posts grow increasingly bizarre and cryptic.  Does your post have anything to do with me?  Not trying to be flippant, I really have no idea what you are saying here.

On 9/12/2022 at 7:17 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I truly have no idea what you are talking about.  I was telling @CoinJockey73 how to block someone.  I think you are a good hearted dude, but your posts grow increasingly bizarre and cryptic.  Does your post have anything to do with me?  Not trying to be flippant, I really have no idea what you are saying here.

I believe the first two sentences were directed towards you, but rest is in the ether. I try to just go with the flow with stuff like this, but i also like and support your approach as well. Little update on my end, i can't get to that hover function via cell phone. Going to have to get to my laptop and try from there. Laptop? Oh boy. Thanks again

@CoinJockey73:

Who are you fooling? You've never "blocked" anyone in your life! That's the point I was trying to get across to NN. It's a function you will never use. [You're way too happy-go-lucky and care-free. Read your posts!]

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Routine die polishing

On 9/12/2022 at 7:24 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

I believe the first two sentences were directed towards you, but rest is in the ether. I try to just go with the flow with stuff like this, but i also like and support your approach as well. 

I am no good without my decoder ring.

On 9/12/2022 at 7:24 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

i can't get to that hover function via cell phone. Going to have to get to my laptop and try from there. Laptop? Oh boy. Thanks again

It should work on the laptop for sure.

On 9/12/2022 at 7:29 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@CoinJockey73:

Who are you fooling? You've never "blocked" anyone in your life! That's the point I was trying to get across to NN. It's a function you will never use. [You're way too happy-go-lucky and care-free. Read your posts!]

I actually have blocked quite a few people. I can't stand people, other than myself, who pontificate. The dreaded pontificator, other than myself. Which it seems most coin people are, other than myself. So when i see someone is a know nothing know it all wind bag, they're blocked. Nice thing is, i usually don't venture too far from anything i started myself, or one of my buddies is involved in. So i don't see a lot of cross talk. I seem to have invited most of my issues here, myself, so. No one to blame but myself. How many myselfs is that? Myself. 

With that being said, you think I'm happy-go-lucky? Why don't you go scratch your butt with a broken coke bottle, huh buddy? Happy-go-lucky enough for you? I hear the "block" buttons being pressed en masse. lol

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/12/2022 at 3:59 PM, Oldhoopster said:

STOP THE NONSENSE!!

There is no entourage or cabal out to get you and no grand conspiracy against you on this chat board. You aren't getting any kudos by constantly posting the bizarre false praise and worship comments. I consider posts like this to be insulting.  In my opinion, It's juvenile and immature.  

PLEASE STOP IT NOW!

Maybe YOU are the one that needs to chill, ‘Hoop. QA is under a clear warning from the admins for “contentiousness”. If he wants to overcompensate, it’s a reasonable tactic. 

On 9/12/2022 at 8:05 PM, VKurtB said:

Maybe YOU are the one that needs to chill, ‘Hoop. QA is under a clear warning from the admins for “contentiousness”. If he wants to overcompensate, it’s a reasonable tactic. 

But will the admins do anything?  This childish nonsense has been going on ever since he's been reinstated.  Did you notice how he keeps taunting the moderators?  How many times has he commented that he's in trouble with admins?  Unfortunately, I don't want to engage him very much because I don't want to risk getting bounced from this forum, but this bizarre, insulting behavior is not needed.  

@Oldhoopster:

My alter-ego, Ricky the Rooster 🐓, wishes to know why you don't simply block ["ignore] Q.A., and be done with him, once and for all? I am certain other enquiring minds would like to know as well?

On 9/12/2022 at 9:43 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@Oldhoopster:

My alter-ego, Ricky the Rooster 🐓, wishes to know why you don't simply block ["ignore] Q.A., and be done with him, once and for all? I am certain other enquiring minds would like to know as well?

Because I don't enjoy being insulted and accused of nonsense by someone who seems to enjoy doing nothing more than stirring up trouble and this has been happening for a while. The only reason  I don't call out the majority of your nonsense is I prefer to remain a member here and not taunt admin (your specialty, it seems)

Can you point out any posts where you've actually posted some quality numismatic information or provided useful help to new collectors?  Many of your posts seem to have some bizarre and immature "member worship" or conspiracy theory attached.  WHY?  Are you trying to be the board clown?  If so, your succeeding beyond all expectations.  I'm challenging you to be a numismatist and not the board clown but  I have my doubts. Members are laughing at you, not with you

I enjoy this board, and enjoy trying to help new collectors by answering their questions.  I also enjoy sharing any knowledge I have in other areas of numismatics or science.  I really despise when people purposely try make a mockery of it.  This forum is too good and has too many good members that want to help collectors to allow it too degrade with nonsense.  

On 9/12/2022 at 9:43 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@Oldhoopster:

...u just cant leave that bone alone can u?....

@Oldhoopster:

My friend, there appears to be a failure of communication or skewed perception here. My fault. I apologize to you, and the upright, blameless respectable constituency you represent. Dena stuck her neck out and breathed life into me and I don't want to let her down. I know you were not happy about my resurrection. Others have voiced similar sentiments. Some have silently departed for other venues. The enduring mystery is what scriptural principle blocks you from blocking me? I cannot believe anyone in this day and age would take me seriously!  You force me to defend a part of me that is illusory at best. No matter. I will let the market decide my fate.  I bid you good-nite!  Thanks for stopping by. [No emoji]

On 9/12/2022 at 4:59 PM, Oldhoopster said:

STOP THE NONSENSE!! There is no entourage or cabal out to get you and no grand conspiracy against you on this chat board. You aren't getting any kudos by constantly posting the bizarre false praise and worship comments. I consider posts like this to be insulting.  In my opinion, It's juvenile and immature.  QAPLEASE STOP IT NOW!

QA marches to his own beat....but he is NOT a troll and has contributed lots of useful information.  (thumbsu

For the record, I do like resurrecting old threads IF they have useful information on coins or themes I like.  Obviously, this thread is a bit off the beaten path from most of the forum threads.

On 9/12/2022 at 8:42 PM, Oldhoopster said:

But will the admins do anything?  This childish nonsense has been going on ever since he's been reinstated.  Did you notice how he keeps taunting the moderators?  How many times has he commented that he's in trouble with admins?  Unfortunately, I don't want to engage him very much because I don't want to risk getting bounced from this forum, but this bizarre, insulting behavior is not needed.  

Look, I get that not all of us agree all the time.  Sometimes we get on one another's nerves.  We'd probably feel differently about one another and our foibles or likes and dislikes if we had all met one another in person.  But for the most part, we haven't.

That said, I would just ignore this thread -- as I ignore threads on topics I have no interest in or coins I have no interest in -- at this site.

Let's help one another with interesting posts and spend the time contributing to active Coin Threads that can help us and others who come to this site.  I'm waiting for another 5 new pages on the RWB Saint Gaudens DE Thread to get to Page 70 and let me backup, so anybody....feel free to post over there. xD  (thumbsu

@GoldFinger1969:

My intent was to shed a light on some of the really fantastic people we "grew up with," regardless of the commentary they provided. I guess it's not everybody's cup of tea. This thread in particular was not unlike finding a Wooly Mammoth trapped for centuries beneath the frozen tundra. This thread brings personalities, some no longer with us, to life. Ok, point made. Many thanks for your post-midnite contribution. And thanks for stopping in.

On 9/12/2022 at 3:25 PM, zadok said:

...perhaps u should continue to pander ur triviality on the nothingburger thread so the rest of us only need to skip over one thread instead of two....

That's right! Say it's name! You're my female dog! I said it, your my female dog. Thanks again for stopping in! Haha! 

*edit

I changed this after @Quintus Arrius liked it. Take the like down Q.A., this doesn't involve you

Edited by CoinJockey73
Not looking for any outside trouble

Thank you @The Neophyte Numismatist, i finally made it to the liberry today to use an antiquated piece of hardware called a "computer". I hadn't seen one in years, but you are correct, by hovering my mouse over a certain boot-lick's name, i saw the option to ignore. Great info, as always compared to other loud mouth know nothings who pipe in with nothing but dud comments like,  "...blah blah blah, I'm @CoinJockey73's female dog...", know what i mean? 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/13/2022 at 7:45 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

That is laughable! You can't keep away! 

[At least the gentleman did not order you to vacate a dormant thread. That's unprecedented.]  :whistle:

On 9/13/2022 at 8:11 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[At least the gentleman did not order you to vacate a dormant thread. That's unprecedented.]  :whistle:

That's the original quote before i suffered from the "spirit on the escalator" syndrome, and changed it to something a little more, provocative. Thank goodness for the edit button, see how weak that first one was? Sorry you're in the mix, buddy. But i should be on full "ignore" by this member, so my harsh words should fall on deaf ears. This member blessedly won't know a thing. Shhhhh. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/12/2022 at 8:42 PM, Oldhoopster said:

But will the admins do anything?  This childish nonsense has been going on ever since he's been reinstated.  Did you notice how he keeps taunting the moderators?  How many times has he commented that he's in trouble with admins?....

[Some showboating and grandstanding noted as well as an admission of stalking. "Ever since he's been reinstated." Well, I never! Who is "taunting the moderators"? I am simply stating a fact! I never, not once, said I am "in trouble with admins." Only "moi" can see the warning ⚠️ points. I am, figuratively speaking, on a short leash. Now are you quite ready to move on and talk about coins? Heaven's to Betsy!] 

On 9/13/2022 at 8:16 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

.... i should be on full "ignore" by this member,.... 

There are some members who are unalterably opposed to availing themselves of that function. Only de-escalation--or unremitting silence 🔕 works.  🤔 

On 9/13/2022 at 8:35 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

There are some members who are unalterably opposed to availing themselves of that function. Only de-escalation--or unremitting silence 🔕 works.  🤔 

So strange. That option is a godsend. I can't wait to block basically everyone when i get back to the liberry, next week. Small list of about 10 people whom i consider fellow spirited coin people that'll remain unscathed. You know who you are. If you find me so detestable, ignore me. Me, and all my horrific content will disappear. Whoa is me.