• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just "Ignored" someone for the first time.
2 2

251 posts in this topic

On 10/1/2020 at 11:30 PM, Conder101 said:

Not after you block all the trolls.

With all due respect, one man's troll is another's esteemed colleague.  As I recall Ratzie33, or perhaps it was RichieRich2020, dismissed all naysayers as trolls with one broad brushstroke -- which ironically did not include me.  Maybe I should consider myself lucky for not being a Uighur.  It's all relative.  I reiterate, however, that I will never stoop so low as to block a fellow member or ignore his constitutional right to freely express a opinion.  (For those interested, NGC did in fact "punish" me for that off-hand remark of secretly inviting me to become a chat room monitor.  Learning the limits of tolerance is an on-going process.)

Edited by Quintus Arrius
One missing letter.

15 hours ago, Conder101 said:

Not after you block all the trolls.

True, then by my count, you're left with 299,999,963.  Big deal.  (There are also three million migrants but no one knows what their religious inclinations are.)

I'm starting to understand why some of these posters were banned ATS and at CoinTalk - my ignore list just keeps getting larger and larger.  (shrug):facepalm:

1 hour ago, brg5658 said:

I'm starting to understand why some of these posters were banned ATS and at CoinTalk - my ignore list just keeps getting larger and larger.  (shrug):facepalm:

I've only ignored 2 folks in four years.  That's because they had NOTHING OF VALUE to add to a discussion about coins or anything else.   Folks that disagree with me are no problem at all - Bless their hearts.  I learn things about coins and other things from many forum members.

BTW, I was banned from ATS for arguing about the nonsense being posted about the virus from folks whose opinions were formed by CNN.  Then, when I posted about how I would treat criminals (I'm of Italian/Arab decent) it was too much for the "snowflake types" who think prisons should be closed, our border open to invasion, and bailing out rioters so they could riot again the next day!  :facepalm:  

5 hours ago, Insider said:

Then, when I posted about how I would treat criminals (I'm of Italian/Arab decent) it was too much for the "snowflake types" who think prisons should be closed, our border open to invasion, and bailing out rioters so they could riot again the next day!  :facepalm:  

The prison population nation-wide is down sharply.  Scores of prisons have been decommissioned, mothballed and sold. 

The native Americans -- and Mexicans, which anyone remotely acquainted with U.S. history knows, were the ones who were invaded and had their lands stolen right from under them.

And the sole purpose of bail is to insure a defendant's appearance in court.

Maybe you ought to stick to what you know.

Back on track, I tried to ignore myself and it wouldn't work. :)  Software.. Still have to listen to myself singing in the shower, off key, and can't remember the words. Pitiful.

2 hours ago, ronnie stein said:

Back on track, I tried to ignore myself and it wouldn't work. :)  Software.. Still have to listen to myself singing in the shower, off key, and can't remember the words. Pitiful.

You think that's bad.  As an accredited Troll, I am beginning to feel I deserve better.  Time will tell...

On 10/7/2020 at 3:12 PM, brg5658 said:

Take it easy there, BRG5658.  You should do what I do. Heretofore, the secret of my success...

First, never give in. Do not stoop so low as to ignore anyone. You are always free to turn the page or risk suffering a cerebral hemorrhage, as one member did, or develop an aortal aneurism -- now complicated by atrial fibrillation requiring "a procedure" my cardiologist has informed me is "inevitable" if left uncorrected.

What I, and a few others, apparently, do is sit back quietly and watch. When I am in a good mood, I drop by to see what new offerings Just Bob, possibly the nicest member, has introduced on his Token Tuesday thread, and compliment him appropriately.  (I was thrilled when he responded to me personally one, and only one, time.)  There are others who dislike me intensely, and I shower effusive praise on them unreservedly.  They know who they are.  I kill 'em with kindness.

VKurtB posed a special problem.  He would pay out just enough rope for me to hang myself -- and pounce.  I admired his technique so much that I try not to get him all riled up out of concern for his health.

There is one member who has blocked me and if I am capable of admitting I was wrong, and undeservedly rude, I would apologize to him publicly, but do not know how -- whether he accepts my sincere apology or not.  I will be drafting a note to him shortly at an address my innate nosyness found with the help of Ms. Google's niece.

You have been around a long time and have held your ground magnificently. It would be a shame to tamper with the rules of engagement.  Is there really anyone on this site "better" than you are? Maybe different, but not better.  Stick around.  You're doing just fine!

I used the ignore function on myself, but after several hours I changed it back. I realized not only did I like myself, but I'm the only person I trust, and I'm my own best friend. I missed me.

16 minutes ago, ronnie stein said:

I used the ignore function on myself, but after several hours I changed it back. I realized not only did I like myself, but I'm the only person I trust, and I'm my own best friend. I missed me.

The main thing is you knew how to do it and didn't need to break the rules .. :applause:

On 9/30/2020 at 2:01 AM, MAULEMALL said:

Can you still check the old Water cooler ... That's where the flames were thrown

I've checked with what I have left of the 'Good Old Days' but have none from the Cooler.  Sorry  :(

MAULEMALL said:

"Wow......I just read through all of it and I am a bit surprised by some of the attacking thats going on.

Some of those guys need to go get a breath of fresh air, Rub some sunshine on their face and relax.

It's like watching a little league football game.

Kinda sad really"

LucyBop said:

Selective quote there busman. Where did I say NGC overgrades by half a point all the time? And you claimed I say it all the time, you only provided one link.

I stand by that statement. It is true when it comes to Morgan Dollars.

That was too easy. It was necessary to go back only 3 pages to find the above comment. I have no interest in going back into your hundreds of posts to point out the many comments about NGC. Your comments are known by many. Try as you may, you can't go over there and say one thing, only to come over here and make inconsistent, hypocritical and contrasting statements over here.

foreheadslap.gif

We don't need this over here. Quit making these forums a bad place to be.

If you have nothing good to offer, don't come

1 minute ago, Alex in PA. said:
MAULEMALL said:

"Wow......I just read through all of it and I am a bit surprised by some of the attacking thats going on.

Some of those guys need to go get a breath of fresh air, Rub some sunshine on their face and relax.

It's like watching a little league football game.

Kinda sad really"

I have been in touch with her loveliness..

She's Wonderful and has a tough job.. A lot of people abuse her good nature.. I hope to see her again at Fun. Maybe I'll give her a Maulemall coffee mug..🤣

12 minutes ago, MAULEMALL said:

I have been in touch with her loveliness..

She's Wonderful and has a tough job.. A lot of people abuse her good nature.. I hope to see her again at Fun. Maybe I'll give her a Maulemall coffee mug..🤣

LucyBop was my favorite of all the Old Ones.  She made me laugh when times were tough.

5 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

LucyBop was my favorite of all the Old Ones.  She made me laugh when times were tough.

She is awesome.. I sent her some Franklin's to check out.. She was ALWAYS helpful and giving of time..Gregs like that too. Just a standup guy.. Jom Braddick ..Those guys were great.. I got K6 to come to this forum before Alan Hagar Of ACG Sued him The ANA And everyone else he thought he could screw.. I even went over his house to look through a bank sealed bag of Morgans.. Got a couple from him.

This forum had some ACTUAL EXPERTS Back then.. :applause:

On 9/8/2020 at 10:00 PM, Alex in PA. said:

I hope everyone reads this thread then no one should ever have to ask why they call this unfortunate forum "Sleepy Hollow".

Hello, everybody! Retread guy here ready to carefully tread thru this classic thread. Old-timers may recall the above comment made by a distinguished member. In the days ahead, with the indulgence of Moderation and the present membership, I am going to be mining this thread to see if it's ready to yield its hidden gems. All in favor, say Aye! The sentiments of those who do not, shall be respected.

On 9/8/2020 at 10:00 PM, Alex in PA. said:

I hope everyone reads this thread then no one should ever have to ask why they call this unfortunate forum "Sleepy Hollow".

Hello, everybody! Retread guy here ready to carefully tread thru this classic thread. Old-timers may recall the above comment made by a distinguished member. In the days ahead, with the indulgence of Moderation and the present membership, I am going to be mining this thread to see if it's ready to yield its hidden gems. All in favor, say Aye! The sentiments of those who do not, shall be respected.

@Oldhoopster:

Funny I was thinking about you. If I may just direct your attention to the very last line of my spiel:  "The sentiments of those who do not, shall be respected." MINING OVER.

On 9/12/2022 at 11:25 AM, Oldhoopster said:

Im curious. Why do you feel it's necessary to bring back these old, irritating threads? 

I can guess. He’s limited by a recent injury and he is bored. 

On 9/12/2022 at 12:52 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@Oldhoopster:

Funny I was thinking about you. If I may just direct your attention to the very last line of my spiel:  "The sentiments of those who do not, shall be respected." MINING OVER.

...i believe we have had this conversation before, this path will put u on the fast track for the exit door...it has no merit, benefits no one...perhaps u should continue to pander ur triviality on the nothingburger thread so the rest of us only need to skip over one thread instead of two....

In deference to you and one other member who finds this thread "irritating," I am abandoning this thread forthwith. It is a rare privilege to be so honored by not one, but two highly esteemed members in the course of a day!  Rest assured, I will not coerce you, or anyone else, to scroll anymore. Wish granted!   🐓 

[Gratuitous add-on: Is this place great, or what?]:roflmao:

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Addition of an unsolicited comment

On 9/12/2022 at 3:34 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

In deference to you and one other member who finds this thread "irritating," I am abandoning this thread forthwith. It is a rare privilege to be so honored by not one, but two highly esteemed members in the course of a day!  Rest assured, I will not coerce you, or anyone else, to scroll anymore. Wish granted!   🐓 

[Gratuitous add-on: Is this place great, or what?]:roflmao:

Make that three, I'm here now! What are we a steaming? I hope broccoli. Ever a steam broccoli? That's how i imagine the halls at NGC smell. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/12/2022 at 3:40 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Make that three, I'm here now! What are we a steaming? I hope broccoli. Ever a steam broccoli? That's how i imagine the halls at NGC smell. 

No, no, no!  The aforementioned gentlemen have arrayed their respective entourage, against me!  I promised them I would vacate the premises! Please do not get me into any more trouble than I'm already in.

On 9/12/2022 at 4:16 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

No, no, no!  The aforementioned gentlemen have arrayed their respective entourage, against me!  I promised them I would vacate the premises! Please do not get me into any more trouble than I'm already in.

STOP THE NONSENSE!!

There is no entourage or cabal out to get you and no grand conspiracy against you on this chat board. You aren't getting any kudos by constantly posting the bizarre false praise and worship comments. I consider posts like this to be insulting.  In my opinion, It's juvenile and immature.  

PLEASE STOP IT NOW!

Edited by Oldhoopster

On 9/12/2022 at 4:16 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I didn't read any of the thread, my apologies. Can someone fill me in, please? What is this about the kabbala? I'm so lost and confused. All i want to do is block people, is that so demanding? 

On 9/12/2022 at 5:38 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

I didn't read any of the thread, my apologies. Can someone fill me in, please? What is this about the kabbala? I'm so lost and confused. All i want to do is block people, is that so demanding? 

Too late now. 

On 9/12/2022 at 4:59 PM, Oldhoopster said:

STOP THE NONSENSE!!

There is no entourage or cabal out to get you and no grand conspiracy against you on this chat board. You aren't getting any kudos by constantly posting the bizarre false praise and worship comments. I consider posts like this to be insulting.  In my opinion, It's juvenile and immature.  

PLEASE STOP IT NOW!

Perfect thread for you! Why not just block him? I was able to block a few wind bags over on CT. It frees the content up something fierce. It's a great tool for weeding out the nonsense. Wish i could figure out how to use it.