• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For those of you who love CAC...

216 posts in this topic

You sound like someone who is off of his medicines. Please don't clutter the thread with attacks and other word vomit. Thanks.

Edit.... eh not worth it for the hypocrite that tells me to not attack as he attacks me. You might have more respect for me if I did one of the worst things a person can do. Rip off so-called friends and long term clients.Stop bullying me or I might kill myself.

I think CAC would be of infinite more value if they blindly graded the coins and then compared them to whats on the slab. There are 10 other things they need to do too but That's how long term income gets spread out. Add a feature here, add a feature there. Keep the coins coming back.

It is probably hardest going first like the TPGers do and as Bill correctly pointed out. It's easier for CAC going second as Bill pointed out. You know what's the easiest position of them all? Going third like all Monday morning quarterbacks do. They get the luxury of sitting back and judge as they see fit. If they tables were turned It would indeed be interesting.

Anyways I'm convinced there is no perfect system and it's quite alright.

mark

That's what happens when position #2 has a 12.50/25.00 price attached to it.

You sound like someone who is off of his medicines. Please don't clutter the thread with attacks and other word vomit. Thanks.

Two new phrases I've learned in this thread:

Kim Jong Willis

Word Vomit

Those alone make this thread worthwhile. lol

jom

Seriously, if you want to see why some collectors are frustrated with those that strongly tout CAC, all one has to do is read a market report from you know who. Words like 'bottom feeders' (that be me), 'dreck' (my coins in fact), 'PCGS and CAC only' and 'non CAC lower end coins' pervade the prose. It makes it awful hard to have the love affair with CAC that apparently some have when you read this kind O'Stuff. So I agree with the view that 'I am more of a detractor of the people that promote CAC and try and make up their own rules of what they stand for' which was rightly said.

Best, HT

In fairness, Legend does in fact buy and sell NGC certified coins. I bought a CACed-NGC coin from them that I love; they bought it that way from Heritage. They offered it to me at a nice price too. Of course, this was all before NGC gave them the boot as an authorized dealer (for some of its rhetoric involving NGC), so there may be NGC animus now.

I've said this before and I think many don't believe me but its true. I asked Legend why they cross NGC coins to PCGS and end up with lower grades and she says some coins are not marketable in NGC holders. When I mentioned the fact that this behavior screws up census reports and draws into question the integrity of her company, I got a nasty reply that census numbers don't matter on many coins and I was given the impression that her business is above that kind of scrutiny. Believe this or not she's not the only PCGS dealer who does business that way and I take offense to that arrogance certainly not accepting this ranker to any degree. rantrant

Boy I'll say something....... have you forgotten how to smile, Feld. So serious everything has to be in order. I want to tell you where to stick it but I won't right now. Man, what a grumpy ol' codger. :)

I guess I thought we used to get along. That's what I get for thinking. Going home now! lol

But still, I didn't answer the way you wanted me to so you get upset. Not good for the heart feld.

Glad I have an online Psychiatrist. Which it seems you have a habit of coming into threads and demanding how others should act. Too bad you didn't warn others of your bad dealings with that member. Could have saved some people from loss and grief. But you got yours is all you seem to care about. Go ahead and toss around your word gymnastics, you ain't as slick as you may think.

To those who say this is OT and uncalled for, this member came at me so were my "medicines" that I was attacked on that I may be off. Nope, everything is full with refills. lol

This thread as well as the myriad other instances of "musical chairs" coin grading (for which no one has started a thread about) clearly illustrates that pcgs "professional" coin grading is actually nothing more than an expensive random opinion in time that can and will change like the weather IMO, with the only true constant being they will charge a fee for a differing opinion on the same coin no matter how many times it changes with no answerability.

....and these are the highly compensated "professionals" that pretty much dictate the pricing structure of the entire rare coin industry? Has anyone here seen the original 1960 version of 'The Time Machine' where the sirens would go off and the fair haired Eloi would go into a trance and willingly march into the caves of the Morlocks to be eaten?