• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Banned from PCGS

172 posts in this topic

I will be spending more time here now that PCGS banned me from their boards. They cant stand a little criticism. So be it. I know many more knowledgable people than me have also been banned and are now over here. I look forward to reading all the posts and even contributing a bit.

Don't feel bad. I was banned from the PCGS Currency Forums. My analysis and comparison of various collectible markets was not appreciated. Heaven forbid, I said I prefer PMG (their direct competition) and mentioned both NGC and CGC. This happened years ago. I don't miss it all!

Respectfully,

'mint'

Oh I dont feel bad. Its pretty sad that a company like PCGS has an almost bully like mentality. They should realize they get a lot more from the boards than the contributors do. I still read the boards but dont post. Its funny how the koolaid drinkers over there suck up to PCGS . I know a lot of real good posters have moved over here anyway so it should be fun.

I figured I would not last long when I read the rules that Willis posted. Real negative tone and threatening sounding. NGC on the other hand in reading their rules I sense a much more reasonable and softer tone. I can see banning people for swearing and threatening comments but just criticism? Come on !

Welcome to NGC! Unfortunately, valid and truthful criticism is most intolerable to the big stockholders there, who also do most of the moderating in such an unfair way.

You especially deserve thanks for pointing out the essential ingredient of the entire situation when you said: "They should realize they get a lot more from the boards than the contributors do."

It would not surprise me if their business would decline by 50% without all the discussion forums which serve as continuous publicity and advertisement. If the forums ended today, their patronage would gradually begin to dwindle.

They are touchy about criticism. Even criticism of a different member can get you the boot. The rules are tough but they had to do something. The place got way out of control before the new rules. Some good people have been caught in the mess.

...The rules are tough but they had to do something. The place got way out of control before the new rules. Some good people have been caught in the mess.

Yup. They went a long time without making those rules. The traffic ATS is way higher than it is here, and as a result the brush fires would get out of control really fast.

I saved them the trouble and banned myself. The big deal about those captive boards is the big dealers regularly feed there, and that's no small coincidence.

Well, I'm glad that you've decided to join us. You're welcome to pull up a rocking chair on the veranda with the rest of the group, sip some Hawaiian Punch and munch on Doritos while we watch the world go by.

You'll find that NGC is very tolerant of criticism, and will rarely ever say or do anything about it. I think it's pretty smart of them because it is some of the best feedback they will ever get.

Chris

Ahhhh I recognize that username. I should be careful myself as I may say things like "ngc and pcgs are both inconsistent, don't drink the kool aid". That could get me banned.

I was Golfer 72. I made comments about their grading inconsistency mostly.

I was actually banned for my posts to the same thread (1) agreeing with you and (2) responding to the original poster's comment about whether PCGS was amenable to suggestions. I wrote that they were not going to respond to those particular suggestions (I had made them in a thread that actually garnered some agreement with me and that I sent a PM to Don Willis but never received a reply).

The truth hurts. Oh well. I don't particularly care, and I still have viable ways of contacting members ATS if need be.

Yeah I remember a lot of you guys from over there. Always enjoyed the back and forth. I will have to figure out how to post coin pictures over here. I use photobucket so I guess that would work here as well.

Yeah I remember a lot of you guys from over there. Always enjoyed the back and forth. I will have to figure out how to post coin pictures over here. I use photobucket so I guess that would work here as well.

Works the same. Just paste the image code in the post.