• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Banned from PCGS

172 posts in this topic

To be fair this board owes quite a bit to PCGS in terms of overall traffic with their banning. But when you look at the influx of new members with only a few exceptions (RWB and Coinguy1) the old adage of Quantity Vs Quality still applies.

Mind you, I am talking about the people forced over not the community as a whole... for the most part

Nobody was forced over here. You really think PCGS forum is some type of super exclusive club dont you?

Not at all, merely one with a lower tolerance for stupidity. Both forums have their merits and target demographics and of course there is overlap. That said there does seem to me IMHO to be a larger group of fan boys who participate on one location over the other. Many top shelf poster post in multiple locations and at their best, nothing separates the two it is the bottom of the totem pole that the two differentiates.

It's comments like this that make me realize that some people think they are far better than others. We all put our pants on the same way. Most people look at others in asking questions in two different ways, Stupid or Unknowledeable. I like to think of my self as looking as the latter group.

To be fair this board owes quite a bit to PCGS in terms of overall traffic with their banning. But when you look at the influx of new members with only a few exceptions (RWB and Coinguy1) the old adage of Quantity Vs Quality still applies.

Mind you, I am talking about the people forced over not the community as a whole... for the most part

Nobody was forced over here. You really think PCGS forum is some type of super exclusive club dont you?

My one and only comment on this subject matter as pertaining to the said poster:

Do you really need to ask this? Don't you recall his "second tier trash" comment in a certain now deleted thread?

The PCGS boards are a rich source of information that I will continue to read. I have a great admiration for a number of posters there and respect their expertise; however, this is unfortunately overshadowed by the hubris and false sense of superiority exuded by a number of posters there. Unfortunately this false sense of superiority isn't limited to their coins.

however, this is unfortunately overshadowed by the hubris and false sense of superiority exuded by a number of posters there. Unfortunately this false sense of superiority isn't limited to their coins.

You do realize that applies to both boards, and life in general, right?

As someone who posts a bit more here, now, but has been on, and read the boards, for more than a few years, I have seen in here as well. Particularly from those that have been banned on the PCGS boards and come here. Not everyone, mind you, as I won't paint a broad brush, but a vocal minority to be sure.

It is sad, too, as most folks have something positive to contribute. But, when someone gets banned there, and comes here and starts a thread about it, it is almost never to take responsibility for anything that may have caused it, but rather, to say how they are a victim, which in turn, prompts others to be on the attack.

Some were rightfully, imho, banned. Just like folks get strikes here, it happens. And some were caught in the wildfires at the wrong time and got swept up and burned in collateral damage, quite regrettably. It's tough to recognize when a thread is going to burn out of control, and when, and refrain from posting, just to be cautious.

That all said, I wish folks would just enjoy these boards for what they are when posting here, and enjoy those boards for what they are when posting there, and not go on and on about the negatives. Too many negatives in life already.

Not at all, merely one with a lower tolerance for stupidity. Both forums have their merits and target demographics and of course there is overlap. That said there does seem to me IMHO to be a larger group of fan boys who participate on one location over the other. Many top shelf poster post in multiple locations and at their best, nothing separates the two it is the bottom of the totem pole that the two differentiates.

It's comments like this that make me realize that some people think they are far better than others. We all put our pants on the same way. Most people look at others in asking questions in two different ways, Stupid or Unknowledeable. I like to think of my self as looking as the latter group.

What is your point? Are you looking for a little ego welfare? A participation ribbon? Are you saying posters like Dimefreak are equal to the likes of a BillJones? There is no such thing as a stupid post?

Where I hold myself is not relevant to the fact that there is a difference in all people and they are not all special. All I ever said was the people who can't behave and get booted should take the hint and go elsewhere and this seems to be the place they end up.

What is your point? Are you looking for a little ego welfare? A participation ribbon? Are you saying posters like Dimefreak are equal to the likes of a BillJones? There is no such thing as a stupid post?

Where I hold myself is not relevant to the fact that there is a difference in all people and there are not all special. All I ever said was the people who can't behave and get booted should take the hint and go elsewhere and this seems to be the place they end up.

I didn't ask you come here!!! I didn't wind up here either. I started NGC as my first forum and have been here ever since. I am also ATS but I definately don't stay there much. I will participate in a few threads over there, but a lot of the responses I see there should not be said at all. Most members there, in my eyes, are very rude! We have had our share here, but it's very small compared to ATS as far as I'm concerned.

I got banned on the PCGS Forums shortly after Mr. Willis arrived.

I thought I made some contributions to that forum with my lessons around the Classic Commemorative series and my Copper For The Weekend post's among others.

Mr. Willis didn't feel the same as I did.

I made a comment in someones post that the "Grading Services", didn't mention PCGS, are all about marketing and not enlightening collectors around numismatics.

Poof, I'm gone with no explanation.

I was hurt at the time and tried to reach out to Mr. Willis for an explanation. Got nothing in return. I was posting on the NGC Forum's at the same time,so now I'm very happy to be posting almost solely to this forum.

Enjoy your coins!

1897pcobv1B.jpg

NGC RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I made some contributions to that forum with my lessons around the Classic Commemorative series and my Copper For The Weekend post's among others.

I remember those, shame you were a value add. Sounds like you were simply an example made during the enforcement period. They look for different things at different points, ALTs appear to be a main target now and "discouraged ideas" seem less prosecuted. Also Mr Wills reads the forum and has opinions about many posters overall body of work.

I made a comment in someones post that the "Grading Services", didn't mention PCGS, are all about marketing and not enlightening collectors around numismatics.

I was hurt at the time and tried to reach out to Mr. Willis for an explanation. Got nothing in return. I was posting on the NGC Forum's at the same time,so now I'm very happy to be posting almost solely to this forum.

Enjoy your coins!

1897pcobv1B.jpg

NGC RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Lee, I knew you were banned but never knew nor could understand why.

You were one of the great ones over there.

Enjoy your coins!

1897pcobv1B.jpg

NGC RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Lee, I knew you were banned but never knew nor could understand why.

You were one of the great ones over there.

I actually still use your the responses to your classics threads ATS as a reference as I learn more and more about Commems. Some of them still contain really nice coin images of other members. But I do wish I had been there to read them when you posted them.

Lee's expertise is outstanding and is quite an asset wherever he posts information. He has looked beyond the surface of commemoratives and how they came into existence.

:troll:

He only does that so Don will see it and show him mercy when he pops off at the mouth ATS. All talk and no walk. Never once learnt a thing from Crypto and never once seen a coin of his I would want. The dude is flat out sorry.......

I'd also like to add that there are some guys here that I dont learn too much from but I got serious respect for them because the way they carry themselves. BssHog and Cpm9ball are definitely toward the top.

He only does that so Don will see it and show him mercy when he pops off at the mouth ATS. All talk and no walk. Never once learnt a thing from Crypto and never once seen a coin of his I would want. The dude is flat out sorry.......

:applause:

We should all get along. Ngc is #1 and pcgs is #1 as well in my eyes. Lots of great people ats and over here.

Never once had a problem with crypto, he is nice to me and gave me lots of good advice. He sold me a nice cc $5 ngc holdered which got me really into numismatics :)

Can't agree more.

I remember reading Leeg's posts on the PCGS forum. The Commem series and the copper for the weekend series were great. The fact that he was banned from the PCGS boards is real weak on PCGS's part. But hey who cares? Lets have fun over here and talk coins!

I remember reading Leeg's posts on the PCGS forum. The Commem series and the copper for the weekend series were great. The fact that he was banned from the PCGS boards is real weak on PCGS's part. But hey who cares? Lets have fun over here and talk coins!

Well said!!!

Can't agree more.

Does this mean you will stop sending me pathetic unsolicited apology emails asking for forgiveness even after I told you I didn't care enough to bother and to just drop it? You sound like a bitter EX ankur, Is this what you have resorted to being, a tag along to tonehead fanboys? Keep up the good work, you will get the respect of a seasoned/elite collector one day going down this path :wishluck:

I guess the old adage of ; A person is known by their friends and more importantly ones enemies.

No good can come of this thread, IMO. It serves to pick at old wounds and prevents new ones from healing.

EVP

(thumbs u

No good can come of this thread, IMO. It serves to pick at old wounds and prevents new ones from healing.

EVP

This thread had bobsled ride to hell written all over yet and did not diasappoint. It's the same weak cabbage and piling on every single time someone gers banned from ATS. Some deserved the boot that are commenting in this particular thread IMO. Several banned posters in this thread have alts ATS but Im not going to blow up their spots. I just find the alt thing little weird. To whine about a banning, critize PCGS and then create an Alt to continue posting there borders on the hypocritical. Geez, get over it.

For the record I have been given the yellow card ATS and have had several posts and threads deleted. Sometimes my sense of humor is not appreciated. At the end of the day it's their boards and their living room and all posters are guests. There are several posters I would have asked to leave if it were my house based on their conduct. I have thick skin but I dont have the time and tolerence for non stop non sense and griping. This is especially true on critizing grading based off of pictures and not seeing the actual coins in hand.

MJ

Sorry for any typos from my I Phone

This thread had bobsled ride to hell written all over yet and did not diasappoint. It's the same weak cabbage and piling on every single time someone gers banned from ATS. Some deserved the boot that are commenting in this particular thread IMO. Several banned posters in this thread have alts ATS but Im not going to blow up their spots. I just find the alt thing little weird. To whine about a banning, critize PCGS and then create an Alt to continue posting there borders on the hypocritical. Geez, get over it.

The use of "alts" always troubled me. Once PCGS booted me off the boards, I never looked back, and sure as blazes never had an "alt". If you're not wanted - you're not wanted!

I would be grateful for any assistence concerning a definition of "...tag along to tonehead fanboys...".

Absent an understanding of this phrase, I can't evaluate the wisdom of the words.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Can't agree more.

Does this mean you will stop sending me pathetic unsolicited apology emails asking for forgiveness even after I told you I didn't care enough to bother and to just drop it? You sound like a bitter EX ankur, Is this what you have resorted to being, a tag along to tonehead fanboys? Keep up the good work, you will get the respect of a seasoned/elite collector one day going down this path :wishluck:

I guess the old adage of ; A person is known by their friends and more importantly ones enemies.

The one transaction we had I did feel bad about how I acted, so yes I apologized. What was funny is how you continued to bash me after I was banned from the PCGS forum knowing I could not reply. Very classy indeed.

So all I will say to you is, when you become a respected seasoned/elite collector, let me know.

I too was banned there recently. Seems some people like to rat others out despite no rules having been broken. I would love for those people to come introduce themselves to me at a coin show.

So all I will say to you is, when you become a respected seasoned/elite collector, let me know.

I too was banned there recently. Seems some people like to rat others out despite no rules having been broken. I would love for those people to come introduce themselves to me at a coin show.

Heh...you guys are funny. Love that.

I'd also like to see "...tag along to tonehead fanboys..." come to a show as well. lol

jom