• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Banned from PCGS

172 posts in this topic

I would like to give my 2 cents, I've always found ankurJ's threads very fun and interesting though have never actually had a personal conversation with him. Crypto79 I have pm'ed before and found him to be helpful and also found his threads to be educational. I wish everyone could get along and stoped being banned from there or anywhere else, but I also see a lot of people that just plain discouraging and belittling at times. I have yet to be banned ATS but have had it out over there with some. If I do I won't be starting one of these threads, BTW I'm new here.

I would like to give my 2 cents, I've always found ankurJ's threads very fun and interesting though have never actually had a personal conversation with him. Crypto79 I have pm'ed before and found him to be helpful and also found his threads to be educational. I wish everyone could get along and stoped being banned from there or anywhere else, but I also see a lot of people that just plain discouraging and belittling at times. I have yet to be banned ATS but have had it out over there with some. If I do I won't be starting one of these threads, BTW I'm new here.

Welcome sir!!

I wish PCGS monitors would allow a forum return for first time offenders, say after two months. Of course this would not include first time offenders committing a major infraction.

It is pretty easy to talk down either grading service, without meaning to commit an infraction. Accidents do happen.

...almost a sure way to get dropped kicked out is just start discussing CAC.

that usually makes for a short visit before getting nuked. :popcorn:

Someone is just ban happy over there. They are banning customers and shareholders. They seem to forget that.

[

The use of "alts" always troubled me. Once PCGS booted me off the boards, I never looked back, and sure as blazes never had an "alt". If you're not wanted - you're not wanted!

This was my only point all along but I forgot that I was speaking to the land of misfit toys who took offense to being rejected and they decided to try on their big brothers boots.

And for the people blaming others for them being banned, that is a farce as well. Not taking responsibility for ones actions such being a punk and getting banned for breaking rules and then breaking the rules again and coming back. I didn't do any of that and while I will admit the rules are a little stiff and a hand full of good guys got shown the proverbial door, most of the ones removed were than "less than value adds" like FUFU or what ever.

As to anyone (read fake internet tough guys) wanting to meet up with me at a show. It just so happen that I will be spending all day at Baltimore tomorrow. Please feel free to ask around for John Coyle, I am not hard to find.

[

The use of "alts" always troubled me. Once PCGS booted me off the boards, I never looked back, and sure as blazes never had an "alt". If you're not wanted - you're not wanted!

This was my only point all along but I forgot that I was speaking to the land of misfit toys who took offense to being rejected and they decided to try on their big brothers boots.

And for the people blaming others for them being banned, that is a farce as well. Not taking responsibility for ones actions such being a punk and getting banned for breaking rules and then breaking the rules again and coming back. I didn't do any of that and while I will admit the rules are a little stiff and a hand full of good guys got shown the proverbial door, most of the ones removed were than "less than value adds" like FUFU or what ever.

As to anyone (read fake internet tough guys) wanting to meet up with me at a show. It just so happen that I will be spending all day at Baltimore tomorrow. Please feel free to ask around for John Coyle, I am not hard to find.

Do you know why I was banned? If not shut your mouth or give me the opportunity to shut if for you.

If you have the balls to slander me on the forums PLEASE do it in person. Ill meet you anywhere you tell me to. Will you be at Baltimore this weekend? Will you be in Philly? Parsippany? Just let me know where youd like to meet to hash this out, ill be there.

There are some that get banned at PCGS but are given one last chance. I'm one of them. I'll never break the rules again. After all these years, I value being a member there as much as here.

For the record the reason for my banning was for "promoting a BNB auction after he was banned"

How was I promoting his auction? I noticed he had a coin listed on ebay that another well known dealer had in the BST and on his website. Thinking BNB might have been up to no good, I informed the dealer in his BST post that his coin was being sold by someone else. He didnt post often so I posted it there in case other dealers who knew him could reach him by phone if in fact it was a scam. The thread was deleted and I was banned.

The 2nd time was last night. I havent posted much. You tell me why since you know so much.

You are in Maryland right? Let's meet up. I am not far. Lets figure out these differences in person tough guy.

[

Do you know why I was banned? If not shut your mouth or give me the opportunity to shut if for you.

If you have the balls to slander me on the forums PLEASE do it in person. Ill meet you anywhere you tell me to. Will you be at Baltimore this weekend? Will you be in Philly? Parsippany? Just let me know where youd like to meet to hash this out, ill be there.

Wow! I understand anger and 'internet muscles', but this response will show exactly how far you can go here, what can and can't be said, and will push the envelope and show that this forum isn't like an 'open forum', and that this forum is not exactly 100% lenient and everything you say, you are bulletproof. I got the boot here for a month for getting into it with a certain member with a 3 lettered name, who's booted everywhere, even from some shows, who noone likes, but I don't believe either one of us, in a thread, went this far. There'll always be CoinTalk when this post more than likely gets you booted from here, whether it be a 30 day or permanent boot. An actual physical challenge.....I hate to say it, but that crosses the line even here.

[

Wow! I understand anger and 'internet muscles', but this response will show exactly how far you can go here, what can and can't be said, and will push the envelope and show that this forum isn't like an 'open forum', and that this forum is not exactly 100% lenient and everything you say, you are bulletproof. I got the boot here for a month for getting into it with a certain member with a 3 lettered name, who's booted everywhere, even from some shows, who noone likes, but I don't believe either one of us, in a thread, went this far. There'll always be CoinTalk when this post more than likely gets you booted from here, whether it be a 30 day or permanent boot. An actual physical challenge.....I hate to say it, but that crosses the line even here.

I made no physical threats or challenges. Offered to figure out the problems in person. If he can slander me here he can do it in my face. Hes the one hiding behind the internet muscles.

[

I made no physical threats or challenges. Offered to figure out the problems in person. If he can slander me here he can do it in my face. Hes the one hiding behind the internet muscles.

One doesn't have to be a brain surgeon to read between the lines. Not trying to take sides, just going by verbage.

, I am done here for awhile you can have the land of misfit toys back. Take care and happy collecting

What a tool, he comes from ATS to stir up trouble and then runs back.I think the best way to deal with him is to not respond to his posts.just my opinion!!

, I am done here for awhile you can have the land of misfit toys back. Take care and happy collecting

What a tool, he comes from ATS to stir up trouble and then runs back.I think the best way to deal with him is to not respond to his posts.just my opinion!!

Agreed. Dont feed the troll.

Come on, even one of your facilities has to see the irony of proclaiming not to reply to my posts inside a reply to one of my posts.

[

He didn't slander you.

I read no threat, in fact what he was trying to say is that he and crypto are gna meet to have soda from mcdonalds then sit down and talk about toned peace dollars. Hahah :) :)

wowzers, it got so serious around here. Funny thing is I never see any tough guys at the coins shows I go to, mostly old guys and balding middle age men. I guess I go to the wrong coin shows

These ats posts always seem to stir up trouble and causes a lot of members to start disrespecting each other. These last posts really seem to have gotten this thread out of control. We are all adults here and it would be very respectful of others if the posts here started to get back to being a little less aggressive towards each other.

I for one have not been a Member here long, and I am sure there are many others here just like myself. I try to use what the good lord gave me (my ears) on these boards so that I can try and learn all there is about coin collecting.

I have never been a member of PCGS but have bought some coins from different people with the pcgs grade already in place. I have however, sent just a few coins to date... into NGC for grading and it is very expensive to me, as I am on disability, and the few funds I do get, coins are the least of my prioritys.

What I wanted to say is that... I have met a few nice people on here these past few months, but there are so many knowledgable people on here that I admire. As a matter of fact, I have read information on different post for an entire day before.

I log on,every day, and see what is being discussed, sold, or bought and think it is a wonderful thing for people like me just starting out in Numimatics.

I have learnt so much and thanks to you all, I learn more everyday.

Anyway... I just wanted to let the most of you know that I hope these boards are never shut down, because I sure need them to learn and if I have a question I can pick someone out and they will give me an answer. It might not be what I want to hear, but who wouldn't want to hear the truth. It has kept me from getting burned on a few coins already.

Just wanted to say thanks guys and perhaps, I will even make it to a coin show one day.......J3

At the end of the day it's their boards and their living room and all posters are guests.

I hear this analogy a lot and while there is some truth to it, I can't imagine visiting someone whose first words to me are "this is my place and I make the rules." I would leave then and never return. Why are people open to that rude, condescending tone? (shrug)

[

He didn't slander you.

How do you know he didnt read what he typed out loud?

[

He didn't slander you.

Even if he had, that still wouldn't have been slander. You should look it up and make sure you understand it and that it applies, before throwing the word around indiscriminately and incorrectly.

If you wish to wage war with other posters, please do so on the "NGC Fights Forum", not here.

;)

[

He didn't slander you.

Even if he had, that still wouldn't have been slander. You should look it up and make sure you understand it and that it applies, before throwing the word around indiscriminately and incorrectly.

If you wish to wage war with other posters, please do so on the "NGC Fights Forum", not here.

;)

Would you prefer I use the term talking ?