• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000th post giveaway

45 posts in this topic

Yes, after 5 years I have reached the 1000 post mark, no not as in post office but...... :insane: Anyway I am going to give away a silver eagle to the person who can answer the two part question closest. The first question is what year silver eagle is missing from my Dansco? The tie breaker is what will the price of silver be at closing on April 1st? That's right April Fools Day. You can go over on your estimate but the tie breaker there is if two people are 5 cents away the person who underbid beats the person who went over a nickel. The deadline for guessing the silver price will be Monday March 28th midnight. Have fun and play fair :) One guess per person so be thoughtful. I will provide a clue: it is not the 08 with 07 reverse. Good luck

Any questions or confusion please enter them in this thread for everyone to see. It is quite possible/probable I have overlooked a detail or two :blush:

******** Edit There is no space in the Dansco for a 1995w. Those of you who guessed 1995w can have a do over :) And yes a mintmark might be important or it might not hm

Yes, after 5 years I have reached the 1000 post mark, no not as in post office but...... :insane: Anyway I am going to give away a silver eagle to the person who can answer the two part question closest. The first question is what year silver eagle is missing from my Dansco? The tie breaker is what will the price of silver be at closing on April 1st? That's right April Fools Day. You can go over on your estimate but the tie breaker there is if two people are 5 cents away the person who underbid beats the person who went over a nickel. The deadline for guessing the silver price will be Monday March 28th midnight. Have fun and play fair :) One guess per person so be thoughtful. I will provide a clue: it is not the 08 with 07 reverse. Good luck

Any questions or confusion please enter them in this thread for everyone to see. It is quite possible/probable I have overlooked a detail or two :blush:

Are you implicitly counting mint mark in with the date? For instance, let's say that you have the uncirculated 1986 Philadelphia issue and are missing the San Francisco proof issue, would you still say that the answer of 1986 was wrong, because you have a representative sample from that year?

See my clarification in the original post and thanks for making that clearer to me and everyone else. :cool:

Ok, here is my two part guess, if the Dansco includes proofs, I will guess the missing one is the 2009-W if there is no space for that one then I will guess 1988, since I know you have at least 2 of the current years that I just sent you! As for the price of silver on April 1, I guess $40.17. Thanks for the fun contest!