• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conder Collectors - Post Your Images
3 3

606 posts in this topic

Yep! Another 1 token county taken care of. :headbang:

While D&H list this token as Scarce I only have 1 previous reference to this token appearing in an auction - the R. C. Bell sale by DNW in 1996. Probably should be RR at least.

Edited by farthing

I confess I had to dig out D&H to discover there was a Roxburghshire with its lone token. Between you and Dr. Sriro, you've got most of 'em!

So how many counties does this make?

This makes 51 counties that I have at least 1 Conder token from. This DNW auction had examples from several rare counties that you hardly ever see at auction. I bid on another 1 token county lot but it looks like I was the under bidder.

Looks like there are a total of 70 counties in the entire Conder series, 40 from England and 30 from Wales, Scotland and Ireland. Lots of single token counties in those last three. I only collect the English pieces and I have 39 of the 40 English counties and a half dozen or so counties from the other three "countries". The one English county I'm missing is Leicestershire. I don't expect to get that one. Two token county, but the total mintage was only 18 pieces. I've seen two of them but well outside my price range.

Classic piece!

Do you know the pedigree given the envelopes?

The gentleman's name is Bill Bradley and he is from Portland area.

I guess he has a coin shop , he became ill and someone else runs it for him.

Has anyone heard of him?

Edited by coinsarefun

Didn't he play basketball for the Knicks? Didn't know he retired to Trail Blazer country........ (shrug)

But hey both Jerry Bobbe and Gary Groll are in Oregon, and Gary Sriro just across the Columbia in Vancouver!

Fantastic token Stefanie. Both rare and in superb condition.

I love how NOT FOR SALE is crossed out and changed to $100.

Fantastic token Stefanie. Both rare and in superb condition.

I love how NOT FOR SALE is crossed out and changed to $100.

Hi, thanks for the kind words..... nice to see you, it's been quite some time

Stefanie

Charge!!

MergedWarwickshire28b2.jpg

Bob, you can imagine how much I love this one! (thumbs u

When you're ready to get rid of that one, you know my email. ;)

Nice tokens y'all, here is a nice Warwickshire farthing from a DNW group lot. The second is a nice Middlesex issue from a taxidermist. The latter has mirror-like luster on the obverse that does not show in the image.

DH-476AWarwickshireNGCMS64RB.jpg

Hall’s. A toucan. TO . THE . CURIOUS . OBSERVERS . OF . NATURAL . PHAENOMENA; rev. THE 1ST ARTIST IN EUROPE. T . HALL . PRESERVER . OF . BIRDS . BEASTS . OR . REPTILES . CITTY . ROAD . NEAR . FINSBURY . SQUARE.; edge PAYABLE IN DUBLIN OR LONDON X X.

DH-319AMiddlesexNGCMS65RB.jpg

My latest Conder that I purchased from Yarm (he has such cool stuff) ....

Lothian-Edinburgh DH-14a: Campbell’s Snuff Shop halfpenny token.

Obverse: Detailed portrait of a Turk smoking a pipe with the artist’s name "JAMES" below: "PAYABLE AT CAMPBELLS SNUFF SHOP".

Reverse: A snuff jar labelled "37" (his street address) between two thistles with crossed pipes above and date below: "SAINT ANDREWS STREET EDINBURGH 1796".

The edge is plain.

It reminds me of all the time I spent in the Middle East, although no one wore turbans where I got stuck :whistle:

Lothian-EdinburghDH-14a-1.jpg

Rainy day so I finally had time to take photos. Here is the DH-455:

DH-455slabOBV.jpg

DH-455slabREV.jpg

Notice the huge obverse die break?