• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo contest anyone?

128 posts in this topic

With the lineup you posted, this should be a piece of cake. Absolutely no competition there ;):hi:
Don't talk about Shane like that! He'll get a complex!! lol

I am going to use the paper and chalk method.....just lay the slab under a piece of paper and rub chalk over the top....no way anyone is going to beat my images with this tried and true method :banana:

With the lineup you posted, this should be a piece of cake. Absolutely no competition there ;):hi:
Don't talk about Shane like that! He'll get a complex!! lol

I am going to use the paper and chalk method.....just lay the slab under a piece of paper and rub chalk over the top....no way anyone is going to beat my images with this tried and true method :banana:

Make sure you use digital chalk so you can upload the images.

Sign me up also. Would like to try it. My buddy Bob will pummel me though.

You're sweet Dean, but did you take a look at the names on the list? These guys get paid to do this.

Received afternoon of Nov 22, 2010, and will mail out to the next victim today, Nov 23.

The coin is substantially nicer in-hand than anticipated, and I now agree with Coindude's previous comments in another thread that it is undergraded in an old ANACS holder.

Sent to Lance (Keigwin) today, 11/30. He should receive it Thursday or Friday. Delivery Confirmation number - 03091140000179986503

What a fun coin. Slam dunk for Lance. :headbang:

lol, no that's not the prize. Something equally amazing I'm sure!! Or not!! Anyhow, depending on who wins I'll try to find something that fits. If not, you'll get something I like and maybe that will get you interested!!

Package sent this morning to Hard Times. Priority Mail, insured. Should be there tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks for trusting me with this beauty!

Lance.

PROOF26-DBUFFS045.jpgPROOF26-DBUFFS044.jpg

Hello I'm new here and would like to introduce myself, my name is Joe and I collect Buffalo Nickels. I've been collecting these Buffs all my life and very much enjoy them. Anyways hello and I hope to learn and maybe share what I know about the series....

Welcome and what a beautiful Buffalo. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it is MS64.

You might get more of a response if you would post this in it's own thread, either here or the US Coin forum. There is a good chance your first post would get lost in this thread.

Welcome, and I agree with Bob, you need to start your own thread to introduce yourself so everyone gets a chance to say hi!!

Nice colors and nice pictures. Too late for this contest, but maybe the next!

Hey, I know you! Welcome, crazyhounddog. Show us some more of your pretty Indian Head nickels.

Lance.

I didn't know that was Joe. He's got enough Buffs for his own forum. :cloud9:

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR NAME LISTED AND WOULD LIKE TO COMPETE, IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO ENTER!!!!

Here are the contestants as of right now, in preliminary order:

1. James_EarlyUS

2. Robec1347

3. Keigwin

4. Hard Times

5. dean1345

6. Kryptonitecomics

7. physics-fan3.14

8. Broadstruck

9. Messydesk

10. blu62vette

11. Buffalo Head

12. Coindude

13. airplanenut

14. Ant

Contest Rules?

1. 3 day limit to take pictures, excluding weekends and holidays.

2. Shipping will be covered by the photographer, first class mail plus $300 insurance.

3. Deadline to enter contest November 19th.

4. Limited to members from this forum only!

5. Image size should be no larger than 640x640, only one obverse and one reverse photo please.

6. Any name you learn of via this contest must be kept in the strictest confidence unless given permission by that person. In other words, do not use personal names on this board unless given permission. Thanks in advance.

Coins will be shipped to the first contestant this Friday. Good luck!

Updated to show where the coin is headed. Currently on it's way to Shane. So far the results have been very interesting!!

Also added two contestants, Buffalo Head and myself. Although, I'm in it just for fun, as I've seen the results it wouldn't be fair for me to actually compete, although, I don't think I could actually compete with the bunch we have!!

Also, removed one name unfortunately.

All the best guys!!

Dang, this contest is just a-scooting along! Way faster than that last one.

Maybe it's best if we keep the fellas ATS out of all future photo contests (tsk)lol (thumbs u !!!!!!

(Feeling feisty this evening.)

Dang, this contest is just a-scooting along! Way faster than that last one.

Maybe it's best if we keep the fellas ATS out of all future photo contests (tsk)lol (thumbs u !!!!!!

(Feeling feisty this evening.)

Let's see..... Sam, you're out.....who else.....