• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo contest anyone?

128 posts in this topic

UPDATE!!!

The subject has arrived on the eastern seaboard! Krypto currently has it in his hands and will soon be forwarding it on to Jason. This is moving along rather nicely. I guess we're getting good at these contests!!!

UPDATE!!!

The subject has arrived on the eastern seaboard! Krypto currently has it in his hands and will soon be forwarding it on to Jason. This is moving along rather nicely. I guess we're getting good at these contests!!!

Lightning fast compared to my contest last year. Keep it up!!

lol wrong thread! That was your contest! Hope you have fun with it during your short ownership of the item. I'll be forwarding you the next contestants address! :)

If not to late I will toss my hat into the ring... Add me in at the end if you would. It can be the last stop before going back to you. Maybe I can get something worthwhile!

Update as to where the coin is and adding a new contestant.

1. James_EarlyUS

2. Robec1347

3. Keigwin

4. Hard Times

5. dean1345

6. Kryptonitecomics

7. physics-fan3.14

8. Broadstruck

9. Messydesk

10. blu62vette

11. Buffalo Head

12. Bruce Lee

13. Coindude

14. airplanenut

15. Ant

Last I heard, Jason had it and it should be headed toward Mr. Struck, aka Sir Broad.

Welcome stranger!! Where have you been Bruce?

Lots of Sports photography... and life catching up to me.. Lucky for me I got some time now and should be around more.

hch51.jpg

g3mrc.png

Well, I just finished with the coin, and it will be on its way to Broadstruck tomorrow.

I've gotta say, in hand it looks a whole lot nicer than the PR-60 that ANACS gave it. I'm guessing it would upgrade today to at least a 63, despite some soft hairlines on the obverse. What say you people who have had it?

I'll also say, I stumbled upon some really good pictures, so y'all are gonna have to bring it to beat me :)

I'm glad you agree that the coin is undergraded. Anyhow, believe me, a couple of people who had it in hand were impressed with it... one in particular!! Before it left my hands, it already had a new home, now it has a new new home!!

You think I should "MESS" with his photos!! lol

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure I booby trap them. Maybe an exploding dye packet that will rain magenta pixels all over your monitor. Just got a "shipped" message from Broadstruck. The coin should arrive here while I'm at the FUN show.

Update on contest status.

1. James_EarlyUS

2. Robec1347

3. Keigwin

4. Hard Times

5. dean1345

6. Kryptonitecomics

7. physics-fan3.14

8. Broadstruck

9. Messydesk

10. blu62vette

11. Buffalo Head

12. Bruce Lee

13. Coindude

14. airplanenut

15. Ant

Here is my order of predicted finish (Please note this is just a pure guess and not a swipe at anybody)

1. Messydesk

2. blu62vette

3. Robec1347

4. airplanenut

5. Kryptonitecomics

6. physics-fan3.14

7. Coindude

8. James_EarlyUS

9. Hard Times

10. Broadstruck

11. Buffalo Head

12. dean1345

13. Ant

14. Keigwin

15. Bruce Lee aka me

I will not be in the running, but I do want to shoot pics with my new setup. The results so far have been impressive to say the least. Once you see the coin in hand, I think for one, you'll be shocked it's a 60 and when you see the pictures you'll be surprised at everyone's interpretations. Everyone captured multiple attributes of the coin and it's interesting to see in which direction the bar shift is on showing off the coin. At this point, I think it's just a matter of how many attributes you can show at once. And, believe me, there will be people who get a lot of votes in the end that you'll be surprised by. All in all, this contest has been very pleasing, has gone very timely, the contestants have been very cordial and have not taken too much time. Overall, it's been a great experience.